Options

**Detroit Wishlist Eddie Vedder Pre-Party & Fundraiser**

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    yooperpjyooperpj Posts: 313
    I wrote this is the fanviews also but just wanted to say it again here.

Props to Tom, Nixon, Jen and crew for putting it together.
    At one point last night Tom told me it is because of all the good people that show up and donate and give that make these things possible and while true, its people like you guys with your time and effort that make it easy for people to show up and give and share their prize possessions. And all for a good cause!
    Thank you to all the Organizers & Volunteers doing a hell of a job.
  • Options
    hanjennihanjenni Posts: 174
    yooperpj wrote:

At one point last night Tom told me it is because of all the good people that show up and donate and give that make these things possible and while true, its people like you guys with your time and effort that make it easy for people to show up and give and share their prize possessions. And all for a good cause!

:thumbup: this was my first pre-party, attended with my boyfriend and two of our friends. so much fun hanging out before the show with everyone, thanks to everyone who helped put this on! can't wait for september now! :D
    "How I choose to feel,... Is how I am."

after 20 years of waiting: EV Fox Theatre Detroit-6/26/11;Alpine Valley-9/3/11 & 9/4/11;Toronto-9/11/11;Music Midtown-8/22/12;London, Ontario-7/16/13;Wrigley Field, Chicago-7/19/13
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    yooperpj wrote:

Very nice! Thank you....
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    yooperpj wrote:

Well said. Excellent job guys.
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Just wanted to say that it was a great time - pre party to show to after party! It was great meeting friends from past shows and to making new ones :)

Thanks to all who bought wrist bands and I will have them up for sale on the forum soon as I take some pics of em. If anyone who bought one can send me a picture of it it would save me some time (which I have very little of at the moment).

On a last note - Karma. I donated an Into the Wild vinyl for the pre party. My friend Megan from Cleveland was given a Sparky Anderson canvas portrait that they gave to fans attending the baseball game earlier in the day. Megan didn't want it and gave it to me. Megan won my vinyl in the raffle! I won a Boston poster (Ed solo tour this year) :)

Thanks to all with nice things to say about Detroit also - we're trying!

Jim
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    jgardzjgardz Posts: 277
    I had a great time, won the 07 fan club single and deep from '08..,sad I didn't meet chelios, but I met him in 92, so...thanks to the organizers, it was awesome!
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    didn't win any of the items, but practically knocked Chelios down the stairs when I was heading to the men's room...I still think I coulda taken him...

heck of a pre/post party and helluva show.

Can't wait for Labor Day weekend!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?