Options

**Detroit Wishlist Eddie Vedder Pre-Party & Fundraiser**

Comments

• Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Could someone please answer this question for me.

When in Windosr, Ontario, what is the best way to get across the border to Detroit if you don't have a car & how much does it cost ?

Thanks
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    zarocat wrote:

When in Windosr, Ontario, what is the best way to get across the border to Detroit if you don't have a car & how much does it cost ?

Thanks
    I'm not an expert, just did a google search and found this (http://www.crossingmadeeasy.com/detroit ... tunnel.htm). You'd want the special event service to Comerica Park & Ford Field...as they are right across the street from the Fox and even closer to Cheli's for the pre-party.

Tunnel Bus
    The Tunnel Bus, operated by Transit Windsor, is an exclusive feature of the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel. It offers low cost transportation between downtown Windsor and Detroit - perfect for quick, easy trips and for special outings such as sports, entertainment, and cultural events in Windsor's and Detroit's core areas. Buses leave from the Windsor International Transit Terminal at 300 Chatham Street West.

Visit Transit Windsor call 519-944-4111 or 311 for more details or to reserve your seat.

Tunnel Bus Fare: (Exact Fare Only)
    •One way (including service to Joe Louis & Cobo Center/Hall ) - $3.75 CDN each way or $15 for 4 tickets.
    •One way special event service to Comerica Park & Ford Field - $4.00 CDN each way or $16 for 4 tickets.
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    DarkStar wrote:
    zarocat wrote:

Thanks
    I'm not an expert, just did a google search and found this (http://www.crossingmadeeasy.com/detroit ... tunnel.htm). You'd want the special event service to Comerica Park & Ford Field...as they are right across the street from the Fox and even closer to Cheli's for the pre-party.

Tunnel Bus
    The Tunnel Bus, operated by Transit Windsor, is an exclusive feature of the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel. It offers low cost transportation between downtown Windsor and Detroit - perfect for quick, easy trips and for special outings such as sports, entertainment, and cultural events in Windsor's and Detroit's core areas. Buses leave from the Windsor International Transit Terminal at 300 Chatham Street West.

Visit Transit Windsor call 519-944-4111 or 311 for more details or to reserve your seat.

Tunnel Bus Fare: (Exact Fare Only)
    •One way (including service to Joe Louis & Cobo Center/Hall ) - $3.75 CDN each way or $15 for 4 tickets.
    •One way special event service to Comerica Park & Ford Field - $4.00 CDN each way or $16 for 4 tickets.

Thanks man. I had just come across the same. For such a short distance, greyhound charges almost an extra 50 dollars (from Toronto) between a bus to Windsor & a bus to Detroit. :crazy:
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 550
    Yo out of towners-

How's Detorit treating you so far?? I was coming down tonught to hang out but can't make it.

I recommend the Hard Luck Lounge. Just down the street from the Fox off of woodward. See everyone tomorrow!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    Anything going on tonight for people that are already here?

ds
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    24 hours..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    I have been up since 4:30am...could not sleep. Have had Ukelele Songs on rotation for quite a bit now. Probably won't sleep much tonight...I am pretty freaking excited to see my first Eddie Vedder show in about 24 hours. I just want all the out of towners to know you will have a blast tomorrow. Looking at 80 degrees tomorrow...between a Tigers game, Cheli's and all the other restaurants and bars close by expect alot to do and have a great time! See you all there.
  • Options
    ChefGChefG Posts: 11
    I'm in +1 Coming from Toronto. I can't wait.
  • Options
    Well, Im definitely down for some good lunch tomorrow...since I will be downtown I'm going to try some BBQ...definitely near impossible to find good BBQ in the suburbs! In one corner we have Slow's BBQ made famous by an apearance on Man vs. Food! In the other, we have Mr Rub BBQ. I think I may go the latter route as I have heard good things about it. Any preference?! Of course, on to Cheli's afterwards for the much anticipated pre-party!
  • Options
    So is their an opening act?! Or just Eddie...what time do doors open?!
  • Options
    FY51755 wrote:
    So is their an opening act?! Or just Eddie...what time do doors open?!
    From my 1oc confirmation email...

Doors open at 6:30, and Glen Hansard will start at 7:30pm. All times subject to change.

ds
  • Options
    FY51755 wrote:
    Well, Im definitely down for some good lunch tomorrow...since I will be downtown I'm going to try some BBQ...definitely near impossible to find good BBQ in the suburbs! In one corner we have Slow's BBQ made famous by an apearance on Man vs. Food! In the other, we have Mr Rub BBQ. I think I may go the latter route as I have heard good things about it. Any preference?! Of course, on to Cheli's afterwards for the much anticipated pre-party!
    I've never had Mr Rub...Slows is good...but it can be hard to get a seat. Game starts at 1, so if you go after 1 you should be okay.

ds
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 550
    Rub bbq is nothing compared to Slows.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    at my folks place in Windsor

pumped for tomorrow night :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Ahhhhhhhhh :D
    10/7/00 Auburn Hills, MI
    6/25/03 Clarkston, MI
    6/26/03 Clarkston, MI
    6/28/03 Toronto, Ontario
    5/22/06 Auburn Hills, MI
    6/14/08 Manchester, TN
    6/26/11 Detroit, MI (EV)

• Options
    I'm sick, but dammit I'm in!
    -All that's sacred comes from youth.
  • Options
    fuckin canadians!! of course Pavel is the best!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Boarding my plane for Detroit bump!
  • Options

Woohooo Pavel!
  • Options
    Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Thank god the show is tonight... I don't think I can handle another pre pre-party.

Will there be limes and pickles? :shock:
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    hey detroit folks.

i need your help! i was at the tower last night and must have dropped one of the shirts i bought.

can someone hook me up? looking to replace the tan shirt with the uke on the back, size XL. if someone can hook me up, please pm me? can paypal immediately, cover shipping too and throw a couple of bucks your way for the help.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    I wrote this in jest.. I met two wonderful canadians last night and, as always, am just joking.. but Pavel is the man.. See you boys at the show!! good fun..
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    My cousin is home from the service for the week so I'm not sure if my fiance and I are gonna make it to Cheli's but we're going to try. Can't wait for the show!!!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Mshill21Mshill21 Posts: 43
    Does anyone know where the wishlist fundraiser is tonight in Detroit?
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Mshill21 wrote:
    Does anyone know where the wishlist fundraiser is tonight in Detroit?
    Check the first page of this thread...Cheli's Chilli Bar.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Did anyone else see Kurt Cobain at the pre-party?! Seriously. He hasn't aged a day over 27.
  • Options
    Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Excellent party!! Way to raise a whole lotta cash for such a great cause. Thanks everyone for donating and buying raffle tickets! Wouldn't be a success without all of you. Great venue as well, Dirty Tom. Way to work your magic.... What a great day!!!! Still in awe.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Great job guys. Thanks for the great party and it was nice meeting those of you that I had the chance to talk with. Keep up the good work and I'll see you in Wisconsin :thumbup:
  • Options
    KregKreg Posts: 38
    Good times! Thanks to everyone who made the day possible. What an unbelievable show last night!
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    I just wanted to thank EVERYONE personally for coming and those who donated! You guys are what makes these parties great! Glad you all had a good time. Hope most of you got to meet Chelios when he came to the party......

And a special thanks to all my Detroit friends who helped me put this thing together. Nixon, Molly, Jim, Amy, Liam, Mike, Dani, their daughter (my raffle prize girl).......and my raffle ticket seller Jen! And my personal crew of helpers Dirt and Gary!

See you all in Alpine!!

Thanks a TON!!

Dirty Tom
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper