Options

The Most Ridiculous Situation, EVER!!!!!!!!

McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I just received a phone call from Mike Last, President and Founder of LastMinuteGolfer.com, in which he began, "Congratulations! Jason, you have won two free Sunday Badges to The 2008 Masters at Augusta National in Augusta, Georgia." As my jaw dropped whilst I simultaneously shat my pants, I hopelessly realized that Masters Sunday is April 12th, and I've got a "date" with Eddie Vedder. If I could associate one word to describe this situation, it is SICK. The two most incredible and desirable opportunities on my plate, and despite my utter disbelief, I've got to make a decision, pronto! Now, I would give up nearly anything to be in attendance on Sunday at The Masters, but one thing I won't give up on is Eddie Vedder. I am confident that I made the right decision; it isn't everyday your favorite musician performs solo within 3,000 miles of home, but I'll be damned, I never thought I would see the day that I turned down a Sunday Badge to The Masters.
buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Crazy LarryCrazy Larry Posts: 182
    I'll take the masters tickets...
  • Options
    OmahaJammerOmahaJammer Posts: 261
    October22 wrote:
    golf sucks.

there. problem solved.

I concur. How can you argue with the opinion of two fellow fans? You know where you have to be.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    October22 wrote:
    golf sucks.

there. problem solved.

i like the way you think.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    Watch one of the greatest musicians of our generation perform an intimate solo show...?

Or watch millionaires hit a little ball around a field...?

I don't care how much you love golf, that cannot possibly be a difficult decision. Just TiVo the golf for heaven's sake!
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    Catch a different Ed date and go see the best damn golfer in the world make a run at it! 10 Ed shows to catch, only 1 Sunday Masters per year. Such a unique event, I wouldn't pass that up as much as I love Ed and PJ. But you can play Into the Wild for yourself as much as you want, a Masters Sunday will always be a once in a lifetime unique experience never to be repeated. LA Ed show will more than likely be not too different than any of the other ones.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Clone yourself.

Problem solved.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    donny31donny31 Posts: 26
    October22 wrote:
    golf sucks.

there. problem solved.

No, you messed up your typing, you meant to say YOU SUCK AT GOLF. I hope that helps.

I will buy the tix --pm me.
    10C # 164xxx

11/02/91, 8/8/92, 4/7/94, 7/9/95, 9/29/96, 7/11/98, 8/24/00, 8/27/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 9/15/05, 5/12/06, 5/25/06, 6/30/08, 8/10/08 (ed)
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    October22 wrote:
    golf sucks.

there. problem solved.

This man is wise. Listen to him.
  • Options
    Unlike others, I feel your pain.

Will they mail you Masters badges? You could always sell them. But of course you will be ripped a new one by the anti-badge-flippers over at the Masters Forum.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,219
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    Watch one of the greatest musicians of our generation perform an intimate solo show...?

Or watch millionaires hit a little ball around a field...?

I don't care how much you love golf, that cannot possibly be a difficult decision. Just TiVo the golf for heaven's sake!

or watch some of the greatest golfers in the world or watch a millionaire make noise with metal strings on wood and yell. (generalizing can go both ways)

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Those Masters badges are MUCH more difficult to get than Eddie Vedder concert tickets.

No way I'd turn down the golf, even if it's not my favorite game.

You could reschedule your date with Ed.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    McJuicy wrote:
    I just received a phone call from Mike Last, President and Founder of LastMinuteGolfer.com, in which he began, "Congratulations! Jason, you have won two free Sunday Badges to The 2008 Masters at Augusta National in Augusta, Georgia." As my jaw dropped whilst I simultaneously shat my pants, I hopelessly realized that Masters Sunday is April 12th, and I've got a "date" with Eddie Vedder. If I could associate one word to describe this situation, it is SICK. The two most incredible and desirable opportunities on my plate, and despite my utter disbelief, I've got to make a decision, pronto! Now, I would give up nearly anything to be in attendance on Sunday at The Masters, but one thing I won't give up on is Eddie Vedder. I am confident that I made the right decision; it isn't everyday your favorite musician performs solo within 3,000 miles of home, but I'll be damned, I never thought I would see the day that I turned down a Sunday Badge to The Masters.
    cant u just go to that cuz its a HUGE deal and see a different Ed show?
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Those Masters badges are MUCH more difficult to get than Eddie Vedder concert tickets.

No way I'd turn down the golf, even if it's not my favorite game.

You could reschedule your date with Ed.

yeah see? do this!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Scalp the masters badges to some WMA and buy a BMW.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    thanks for all the responses, some have been quite entertaining and i could use a laugh after this "good problem" today. definitely some solid suggestions, many of which i immediately considered, if and how i could manage both, but there are too many constraints. i'm locked in with 10c tickets to both shows at the wiltern (super fortunate to have gotten both), plus i am in graduate school and it'd be a stretch to make any of the other dates, la just seemed to fit perfectly with my schedule. though it's so difficult to turn down a sunday badge, it appears that it will work out in the end. they granted me $500 in free golf and also offered me practice round badges for 2009, so now i've got something to look forward to, unfortunately it's not a sunday badge, but hey you can't win em all
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    do the badges include lodging? only reason i ask that is because the town is usually sold out hotel-wise
  • Options
  • Options
    I love sports, but fuck golf and bowling. I'd rather be playing than watching those games any day. Same goes for pool tournaments and poker. Why would anyone want to pay to watch such mundane events?

Go see Ed and take a break from the stuffed shirts for christsake :)
    the Minions
  • Options
    I'd have the same feelings, I'd be sick about this decision, too. I was fortunate enough to go to the practice rounds at the Masters last year, and it is literally Mecca for golf fans. If you ever get a chance to go, and are serious about golf, I'd say you can't pass it up. I can only imagine how awesome an actual tournament round would be, Sunday no less.

However, I can appreciate the other side, too. Though I think I'd be less dissapointed missing Ed if I knew I was going to see the band later in the year, this may be a one-time solo tour. It's a risk to give either up, because you don't know if you'll get another chance at it.

I do know this, IF Ed ever tours again, getting tickets to a show will be much easier then a Sunday pass to Augusta will ever be.
    "If you love someone... set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck it up." - Ed
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I'll take the masters tickets...

I would too....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    23232323 Posts: 26
    You should have bartered with Tim at 10C. I know he is an avid golfer and probably would be willing to trade something (like future tickets) to go see the Masters on Sunday.
  • Options
    2323 wrote:
    You should have bartered with Tim at 10C. I know he is an avid golfer and probably would be willing to trade something (like future tickets) to go see the Masters on Sunday.
    jeeeze, that information could have been helpful yesterday, hell, i would have even offered Tim the extra ticket for his troubles
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    2323 wrote:

And you know this how/why?
  • Options
    the thought of a eddie solo set at bonnaroo just crossed my mind, i can hardly imagine the state of my mind at that moments time
  • Options
    I would take the ITW CD or my iPod and goe to the masters. If it ends up being boring, you can always bail and head to the Ed solo show. Then again, you may have the greatest time and completely forget about the show.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Sell your Masters Badge and go to all the EV shows!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    I've never heard of this lastminutegolfer, and I can tell you that Masters badges are extremely rare...i would be suspicious. Are you sure this thing is legit? I would be very suspicious. Do some investigating before you make a decision.
  • Options
    maybe i'm being bias because i think golf is a pretentious,elitist boring-ass waste of time and land,i wouldn't give a fuck if Tiger Woods bitch ass called me up and invited me personally to the "masters" all expenses paid. I'm @ the Ed show.Enjoying a real "master"

i never would of imagined a person like you existed!! torn between golf or seeing Eddie Vedder. LOL

not that i'm saying anything is wrong with you,i just find it funny/strange :)
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    This is a lame Aprils fools joke!~
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    j88ryanj88ryan Posts: 66
    Practice rounds are cool too. You can bring your camera. Try and go to the Weds. round so you can catch the Par 3 tourney.