Kat Sea Tim

2»

Comments

• I agree! Getting there plus tickets might run me the same as if I'd gone to Wembley last year! (Still KICKING myself for not going btw). But I'd like to know in advance too...:o

And if they are playing a couple more shows as well, I think I would rather make that my holiday...it would just be nice to know. :)

That is how I want to do it as I have done in the past :) A PJ holiday :D

We must meet up at a show or two this year !!
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    That is how I want to do it as I have done in the past :) A PJ holiday :D

We must meet up at a show or two this year !!

We will! Maybe it is for the best that I am not doing the Paddy's day meet-up--hopefully I can use my plane voucher to head to a couple pj shows! :D
  • We will! Maybe it is for the best that I am not doing the Paddy's day meet-up--hopefully I can use my plane voucher to head to a couple pj shows! :D

Sounds good :)

Yes could work out well that I am skipping Paddy's Day as well.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Tim Bierman, Ten Club President.

Posts here as Rubysdad from time to time.

i never knew that, thank you :)
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    genie wrote:
    i never knew that, thank you :)

You are welcome. :D

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Isn't it possible that they don't have anything in concrete yet and nothing official to announce?

So, if they announce a tour next month - you'll all be pissed that they didn't have all their ducks in a row before the announcement of this festival? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If you want to go to this festival - go. If not don't go. It really is as simple as that. No other thought needed. I personally really like festivals with great line ups as this one - but I live no where near TN - so I will not be going. If PJ doesn't tour anymore this year - then so be it. It won't change anything.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    I'm pretty certain they will be doing a tour starting in late August and running throughout September.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,970
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Isn't it possible that they don't have anything in concrete yet and nothing official to announce?

So, if they announce a tour next month - you'll all be pissed that they didn't have all their ducks in a row before the announcement of this festival? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If you want to go to this festival - go. If not don't go. It really is as simple as that. No other thought needed. I personally really like festivals with great line ups as this one - but I live no where near TN - so I will not be going. If PJ doesn't tour anymore this year - then so be it. It won't change anything.

great outlook

but what about those who would choose to go, but only if there are no other shows

like last year.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Yeah, of course I am. :cool:

But there are some other things that we might need to put on hold if a PJ tour is announced in addition to Bonnaroo.

Like eating 'n stuff :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Get_Right wrote:
    Please Please Please tell us if there any other concert dates scheduled for 2008!

It would be very kind of you to tell us before we spend big money for Bonaroo.

thanks so much

The answer is no.

They are going to be lame all summer, push baby strollers around, stay home, and go to bed at 930 on Friday nights b/c they have a pretty big Saturday planned at Home Depot, and maybe Bed Bath & Beyond after that (if there's enough time).
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855
    fanch75 wrote:
    The answer is no.

They are going to be lame all summer, push baby strollers around, stay home, and go to bed at 930 on Friday nights b/c they have a pretty big Saturday planned at Home Depot, and maybe Bed Bath & Beyond after that (if there's enough time).

OMFG... too funny
  • Fanch you're fucking Hysterical..... FANCH for President in '08! Count it!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

Get_Right wrote:
    great outlook

but what about those who would choose to go, but only if there are no other shows

like last year.
    That is a chance called life. This life has no guarantees.

Sometimes people have to make decisions based on only the current facts. Everyday decisions are made, that if they knew what was coming tomorrow, or next week, or next year, they would have made different decisions.

To want the 100% comforting, fuzzy, warm thought that this is the final answer for the entire year is not feasible.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    aNiMaL wrote:
    That is a chance called life. This life has no guarantees.

Sometimes people have to make decisions based on only the current facts. Everyday decisions are made, that if they knew what was coming tomorrow, or next week, or next year, they would have made different decisions.

To want the 100% comforting, fuzzy, warm thought that this is the final answer for the entire year is not feasible.

In life you get answers to your questions based on current facts, like you said.

Here there are no answers at all so your reference point for making decisions is not a fact or life but rather a void full of rumor and conjecture.
    Get_Right wrote:
    In life you get answers to your questions based on current facts, like you said.

Here there are no answers at all so your reference point for making decisions is not a fact or life but rather a void full of rumor and conjecture.
    But just maybe, the current facts are already on the table and there is nothing more at this time to know.

I wouldn't want them to say "well, we are trying to book a tour across the country with the following stops" only to have some of those plans fall through. Then, how much would folks around here bitch?

It is much better for them to only announce things when they are a done-deal and ready to be announced.
  • LUV2ROCKLUV2ROCK Posts: 140
    I say we will get show's in denver and minneapolis during the conventions for sure.
    73,XXX

Member since day 1 here in August 2003
  • LUV2ROCK wrote:
    I say we will get show's in denver and minneapolis during the conventions for sure.

Red Rocks would be sweet. :D
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Get_Right wrote:
    Please Please Please tell us if there any other concert dates scheduled for 2008!

It would be very kind of you to tell us before we spend big money for Bonaroo.

thanks so much

this request wont ever get filled! not becuz YOU arent NICE or anything but becuz then there will be MORE demands and requests. it just doesnt FLOW that way. unless........
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    this request wont ever get filled! not becuz YOU arent NICE or anything but becuz then there will be MORE demands and requests. it just doesnt FLOW that way. unless........

unless what?
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
    aNiMaL wrote:
    But just maybe, the current facts are already on the table and there is nothing more at this time to know.

I wouldn't want them to say "well, we are trying to book a tour across the country with the following stops" only to have some of those plans fall through. Then, how much would folks around here bitch?

It is much better for them to only announce things when they are a done-deal and ready to be announced.

I agree with that.
    But I think they know what the plans are.
    And why no 10C seats for the festivals in the US? They did it in Europe.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    aNiMaL wrote:

I disagree
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • meme wrote:
    I disagree

as do i. the whole issue with the last tour was that no one knew if the tour was coming near them. so for those in the south, they kept waiting. had they known nothing was coming, they could have decided to travel to a show elsewhere.

I imagine bonaroo doesn;t want them to announce anything, because people are more likely to buy the tix if they think this is PJ's only show. If people knew they'd be stopping by Atlanta, or Charlotte, they might not go to bonaroo.
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Here's an idea for Tim. Double XXL tall man shirts. I think even he would buy those. I'm sure myself and few other big guys would like that to. :)
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Here's an idea for Tim. Double XXL tall man shirts. I think even he would buy those. I'm sure myself and few other big guys would like that to. :)

NICE IDEA