Kat Sea Tim

Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,970
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Please Please Please tell us if there any other concert dates scheduled for 2008!

It would be very kind of you to tell us before we spend big money for Bonaroo.

thanks so much
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I agree.

Expenditures for Bonnaroo will help determine the rest of my summer, so if PJ is going to be out there doing their thing I'd like to know about it before my wife and I spend major cash to do this 'Roo.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • I would like to see PJ but somehow I just don't see myself making Bonnaroo, not a big fan of festivals. The lineup is quite tempting though, some folks I would really love to see.

I hope for more shows this year, but whether that is to be or not I think I'm going to have to take a pass . Not complaining, just don't want to go
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Just wondering: What kind of expenses would one be looking at when planning a Bonnaroo trip? Everyone seems to expect to shell out mucho dinero.
    I ask mainly because I've got two buddies who I know are going to be riding my ass for me to go and I would love to be able to fire some ridiculously high costs at them!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,970
    Just wondering: What kind of expenses would one be looking at when planning a Bonnaroo trip? Everyone seems to expect to shell out mucho dinero.
    I ask mainly because I've got two buddies who I know are going to be riding my ass for me to go and I would love to be able to fire some ridiculously high costs at them!

well tix are around $200, and unless you are camping in a tent, you are looking at $200/nt hotel or an RV rental expense, plus transportation to Tenn.

Basically a $1000 weekend, unless you sleep in a tent or have like nine people in a hotel room.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Get_Right wrote:
    ...or have like nine people in a hotel room.

I don't know about you, but that's the only way I stay in a hotel! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    mookie9999 wrote:

lmao :D, but really how fucking hard is it for this band to just say ok lets' do a hand full of shows and announce them all at the same time i mean are we asking to much ?? i don't think so ....it's like pulling teeth with a pair of tweezers .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mookie9999 wrote:

thats a festival of fun right there!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Let's be honest when you are picked to headline a festival you want to that band to pull people in. I could understand the execs at the Roo not wanting PJ to announce any kind of extensive tour until at least a month or so after tickets go on sale. This way they get the big pull of the pj fans in the area traveling to check out their concert.

It is unfortunate but makes sense.

As for expenses if you don't get tickets early they go up to 244 a pop plust 25 dollar surcharge plus 10 dollar shipping so about 280 for a ticket if you don't get them early. If you do get them early it is like 210 plus fees so it is closer to 245 total.

So are there hotels near the area? I thought you had to camp.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    lmao :D, but really how fucking hard is it for this band to just say ok lets' do a hand full of shows and announce them all at the same time i mean are we asking to much ?? i don't think so ....it's like pulling teeth with a pair of tweezers .....

I agree and this is the only real complaint I have.

Its simple, please let us know so we can plan-tis all.

Thanks for playing.
  • While I am happy for all those that can go I too would like to know in advance. I can't see this being the only show they play.. a girl can dream :p
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I have NO insider infor but there will be other shows. I'm not ready to jump on the roo bandwagon just yet.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    intodeep wrote:
    Let's be honest when you are picked to headline a festival you want to that band to pull people in. I could understand the execs at the Roo not wanting PJ to announce any kind of extensive tour until at least a month or so after tickets go on sale. This way they get the big pull of the pj fans in the area traveling to check out their concert.

It is unfortunate but makes sense.

As for expenses if you don't get tickets early they go up to 244 a pop plust 25 dollar surcharge plus 10 dollar shipping so about 280 for a ticket if you don't get them early. If you do get them early it is like 210 plus fees so it is closer to 245 total.

i can understand that logic from the promoters but how many pj fans will be attending ? enought to make or brake the bank i mean 10c & pj still could of just said more shows to be announced next month ,is this to much to ask ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,859

Ten Club to Bonnaroo: "Please don't announce the lineup or ticket information for the festival because we do not have our entire 2008 tour plans completed yet."

Bonnaroo: "You are smoking some serious dope. You will enjoy the campgrounds."

This is not a Pearl Jam show. This is Bonnaroo. If PJ does not have their travel plans finalized, they can't just not announce Bonnaroo. This is completely different than announcing the 2006 tour 5 shows at a time.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Well, at least this is a festival where you don't really have to commit to buying tickets far in advance (like in 2006, where you had to decide whether to buy 10c tickets or not for each leg announced separately).

Honestly, I am prepared to let this one go for the sake of family peace.
    I would make a last minute trip for a Nashville fan show though. The main turnoff for me is the impossibility of staying at a hotel.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    I think its really cool they are playing bonnaroo

but Id just like to know what other options I have before plunking down the cake to go
  • skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    I feel that if they weren't playing any other shows this year, they would have said in the announcement "only scheduled show of 2008".
    Ten Club to Bonnaroo: "Please don't announce the lineup or ticket information for the festival because we do not have our entire 2008 tour plans completed yet."

Bonnaroo: "You are smoking some serious dope. You will enjoy the campgrounds."

How do you have access to conversations like this? :D

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    skere26 wrote:
    I feel that if they weren't playing any other shows this year, they would have said in the announcement "only scheduled show of 2008".

This is a very noticeable omission, when compared to last year's Lolla announcement.

Nice catch.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    skere26 wrote:

Perhaps, but the fact is, we dont know.
    Last years statment was similarly ambiguous-they couldve scheduled more later on.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,041
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I agree.

Expenditures for Bonnaroo will help determine the rest of my summer, so if PJ is going to be out there doing their thing I'd like to know about it before my wife and I spend major cash to do this 'Roo.

Come on Rhino, you know that you're going no matter what ;)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    While I am happy for all those that can go I too would like to know in advance. I can't see this being the only show they play.. a girl can dream :p

I agree! Getting there plus tickets might run me the same as if I'd gone to Wembley last year! (Still KICKING myself for not going btw). But I'd like to know in advance too...:o

And if they are playing a couple more shows as well, I think I would rather make that my holiday...it would just be nice to know. :)
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I agree, it sure would be nice to know ALL the shows they are playing before we shell out $400+ for Bonnaroo!
    LukinFan wrote:
    Come on Rhino, you know that you're going no matter what ;)

Yeah, of course I am. :cool:

But there are some other things that we might need to put on hold if a PJ tour is announced in addition to Bonnaroo.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    shameless bump
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    making it seem like you will not go to roo if other dates are announced is not a good way to get info;)

These things go down like this for a reason....Im personally not gonna jump the gun and buy roo tix as soon as they go on sale.... at worst it buys you a little time
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Just wondering: What kind of expenses would one be looking at when planning a Bonnaroo trip? Everyone seems to expect to shell out mucho dinero.

I averaged around $600-$700 for regular camping, food, liquor, goodies etc.

$800-1000 for regular RV camping

$1000-1400 for RV VIP camping

All of these are per person.
    intodeep wrote:

Yeah if you get the tickets on the first go around they are really $267.40 w/all fees & shipping in total - not the $209.50. Like you said, 244 or more if you wait.

I've heard from several places all the nearest hotels have been booked up for awhile now, though there still could be some available depending on when ya check.

And I agree, no other news is going to come out until Roo has been fully marketed and tix sales are maximized.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    skere26 wrote:
    The fact is, we dont know.
    Last years statment was similarly ambiguous-they couldve scheduled more later on-and they did, the Vic show.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    what i want to know is, who is tim?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    genie wrote:

rubysdad
    genie wrote:

Tim Bierman, Ten Club President.

Posts here as Rubysdad from time to time.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020