Options

EV is getting a little too big for his britches

2»

Comments

• Options
    People shut the fuck up already...honestly.

The obvious reason at the Vic is the intimacy of the venue. Put yourself in his shoes. I've never seen so much crying....SHUT UP!
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    all i have to say is one of you lucky motherfuckers who got tickets better sneak in some audio equiptment.

(& try not to stand next to "off-key, sings real-loud guy/girl")
    (or someone that yells "Freebird)

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    I think you're on to something there; there's probably going to be an official release of some kind to commemorate this special tour so he doesn't want crappy recordings surfacing.

We're not mind-readers so we don't know what he has planned for the future.

I have crappy audience sources of shows that were later "officially released" by the band. I never threw them away even after I purchased the official bootleg.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    dunkman wrote:
    do you think Ed used to care about a bands new material when he bootlegged a show?

it is his show and therefore his call... but its also hypocritical of him... and its this hypocrisy that I'm griping about not the fact people cant tape the shows... :)

Back in the day (pre-2006) PJ used to also play new music at shows years before it was released. Most of this was recorded in some form. To think that I would have never heard the original Immortality, or have the ability to relive the original Brain Of J (go to hell if you don't believe it! :D ) is quite sad. It is his call, no doubt, but I have to agree with Dunkster on it being hypocritical of him. I hope he changes his mind on this one, as it makes absolutely no sense. Kudos on the camera rule though! If I had to sit next to one more "Martin Scorsese" at a show yelling over his own cell phone recording of Last Kiss only to put it up on YouTube proclaiming it to be the greatest version ever, I would lose my damn mind!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    I think he needs a little taste of humility. Time to release another Binaural album.

all this talk of no cameras, no audio, no crowdsurfing, no this, no that.....there were years where he didnt care what you did at a show, so long as you showed up and paided to get it. Now he has turned into Dad, and he wants to control the world. Sounds like someone is being a little Diva, turning into another save the world type like Bono.

Everyone has had good responses to this post but in reallity.. lets break it down. Who really gives a shit about any of this? There is nothing here worth complaining about.

Cameras: Is a huge part of your concert experience taking photos? dumb complaint.
    Audio: Do you have hi tech audio recording equipment? Do you record concerts regularly? Leave this to the bootleg peeps. They will get it done. Stupid complaint.
    Crowdsurfing: You were planning on crowdsurfing to Society? Sorry to disapoint but there won't be any "Blood" at these shows.

Do people even think before they complain? or do they just see a rule and therefore have a tantrum and have to complain about it.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    dunkman wrote:
    do you think Ed used to care about a bands new material when he bootlegged a show?

it is his show and therefore his call... but its also hypocritical of him... and its this hypocrisy that I'm griping about not the fact people cant tape the shows... :)

That is sort of what I was thinking about this too. I mean how many tours did they do where they said you could bring a tape recorder and if anyone at venue security gave you any trouble you were supposed to ask to speak to the head of PJ security. I wonder what would happen if anyone tried that now.
  • Options
    Maybe we shouldn't judge. We have never walked a day in ed's shoes, and we never will. There could be so many reasons for everything. Just wait and see the shows, maybe then things will be clearer. Everyone should just relax and enjoy the experience, right?
    I just wish i could go!
  • Options
    Audio: Do you have hi tech audio recording equipment? Do you record concerts regularly? Leave this to the bootleg peeps. They will get it done. Stupid complaint.

Do people even think before they complain? or do they just see a rule and therefore have a tantrum and have to complain about it.

My only disagreement with you is of what is above. Tapers that I know would risk bringing their equipment in if it only meant that they would have the recording device confiscated until the end of the show when they could retrieve it. However, these same tapers would think twice if it meant that they not only would lose the equipment temporarily, but also getbooted from the show. This is a valid complaint that was thought through, not some "stupid complaint". Did you think your response through before you began to complain as well??
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    i don't think it's hypocritical...or any of the above, i consider it...change.

Those who can be trusted can change their mind.
    ;)

agree, disagree....whatever.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Granted... it will suck not having nice lil clips from the shows... i mean what can you really say? Luckily its just when ed preforms.. and this might just be for the smaller venues..

YOU SHOULD BE ENJOYING THE SHOW ANYWAYS INSTEAD OF FIDDLING WITH YOUR CAMERA. I dont see how people do it, i cant take my eyes and ears away when at a show :P (not that i do not appreciate it after the fact)
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Yield Rules
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    YOU SHOULD BE ENJOYING THE SHOW ANYWAYS INSTEAD OF FIDDLING WITH YOUR CAMERA. I dont see how people do it, i cant take my eyes and ears away when at a show :P (not that i do not appreciate it after the fact)[/quote]

I agree. I have been the person with the camera and trying to take pictures, but i got aggravated at myself, because i was missing parts of the show. It's just ridiculous to be snapping pictures the whole show. It definitely takes away from the experience. I don't do it anymore!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i don't think it's hypocritical...or any of the above, i consider it...change.

consider it what you want but in dictionary terms he is an hypocrite

Hypocrisy is the act of condemning another person, where the stated basis for the criticism is the breach of a rule which also applies to the critic and of which the critic is in breach to a similar or greater extent.

Ed used to tape, the band freely allow taping, Ed is a vocal advocate of taping... now he isnt..
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    My only disagreement with you is of what is above. Tapers that I know would risk bringing their equipment in if it only meant that they would have the recording device confiscated until the end of the show when they could retrieve it. However, these same tapers would think twice if it meant that they not only would lose the equipment temporarily, but also getbooted from the show. This is a valid complaint that was thought through, not some "stupid complaint". Did you think your response through before you began to complain as well??

yep. thought it through. stupid complaint.
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    BOO-FUCKING-HOO! Don't go then.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    yep. thought it through. stupid complaint.

okey dokey.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    What!?

A show where I'm actually going to be able to see the stage rather than having to look through oodles of arms with cameras attached to the end of them?

How dare they!!

:-P
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    dunkman wrote:
    Ed used to tape

sure. in like... the 1980's! Are YOU the same person you were 20+ years ago?
    the band freely allow taping
    These shows are Ed's thing, not 'the bands'. why are some people having such a hard time seeing the 2 seperately?
    Ed is a vocal advocate of taping... now he isnt..
    you have no idea what ed thinks about anything. No one does.