Options

EV is getting a little too big for his britches

pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I think he needs a little taste of humility. Time to release another Binaural album.

all this talk of no cameras, no audio, no crowdsurfing, no this, no that.....there were years where he didnt care what you did at a show, so long as you showed up and paided to get it. Now he has turned into Dad, and he wants to control the world. Sounds like someone is being a little Diva, turning into another save the world type like Bono.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    This is what happens as we age. ;) I used to get piss drunk for shows, now I only just get drunk :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I am partially agree with that, at this point we don't know who decides of cameras, no cameras etc... I remind you that in 2000, 9 persons died in a concert, seems clear that the group don't want that anymore, and I think it's responsible from them,

I maybe just blame how hard is it, to have ticket, but his is not his fault if he has success, have you never change your mind in your life ?
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    :p:p:p:p

I agree.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    nah, its a bunch of smaller places. the flashes would be fucking annoying as hell. read what the others said about the VIC. said it was like a disco, that would suck.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    i'm not too sure he wasn't always a "rockstar" (hate the word diva!) he has just grown up a lot so now instead of his "i dont give a f++k" attitude its the i want to save the world attitude...and honestly i havent been to a venue in the past 5 years that said sure take pictures!
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    pulaski wrote:
    I think he needs a little taste of humility. Time to release another Binaural album.

all this talk of no cameras, no audio, no crowdsurfing, no this, no that.....there were years where he didnt care what you did at a show, so long as you showed up and paided to get it. Now he has turned into Dad, and he wants to control the world. Sounds like someone is being a little Diva, turning into another save the world type like Bono.

It's not that Ed's a diva. It is that people are not respectful when given the chance to BE RESPECTFUL. At the Vic. During the pre-set the flashes right up in the front were ridiculous. PJ security was giving out tape to cover the flashes and still people just completely ignored the request. Over and over and over.

Ever been hung over and tried to NOT get a headache with flashes going off in your eyes non-fucking stop?

I have and it is virtually impossible.

Want good shows? Respect the artist's wishes. If people won't...the artist must change the rules so the shows can be enjoyed by all in attendance including the artist.

AND...On another note....anyone who think there will be no BOOTLEGS of the shows is an idiot.

Implicit in the term "bootleg" is something that is done illegaly or clandestine.

I don't think they are going to search people any more than at any other concert and there are boots from like every show out there. RELAX!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    it says they will take your phone lol

YEAAAA OOOOOOKKKKKKKKKK SURE U WILL
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    so is it no cameras or no flashes?

and your all stating that there was a problem with flashes at the vic, and i agree it did get out of hand, but once he said something, it dropped dramatically.

but what harm does audio recording a show? something he himself admits to doing on a regular basis in his younger years.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    it says they will take your phone lol

YEAAAA OOOOOOKKKKKKKKKK SURE U WILL

yeah, that is funny. never happen.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    If I were him, I'd have a similar policy at least with flash cameras. Y'all can be as bad as the paparazzi at some shows.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I agree EV is getting a little too big for you bitches. :D
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    I have no problem what so ever with the camera policy. Ed's solo thing at Vic was a straw that broke a camels back. In small places, it really is a problem. I even find myself sometimes taking a few extra pics than i need, just to get the "perfect shot". Then I always regret spending so much time taking pictures. I just needed to be told no!
    tacos
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I told you so!
    :cool:
    from "This is so sad thread"
    LongRd. wrote:
    It's all Eddie's fault,
    he has too much control!
    :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    pulaski wrote:

I think this is a very mean-spirited post.

A rock concert is a very different type of show than a smaller concert where the audience can easily interfere with the artist hearing himself.

If it's not your type of experience, don't go.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:

A rock concert is a very different type of show than a smaller concert where the audience can easily interfere with the artist hearing himself.

I agree with you...

I have nothing negative to say about Ed not wanting cameras or recording devices of any kinda....

... now if I can only manage to get me a pair of tickets today that'd be great! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    pulaski wrote:

Maybe he wants to be able to perform to the best of his ability, which is hard with hundreds of flashes in your face. I guess thats wanting to rule the world, right?
  • Options
    justam wrote:

seriously.
    what a bunch of complainers.

if you don't like the policies, don't go.
    please!

and thank you.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    seriously.
    what a bunch of complainers.

if you don't like the policies, don't go.
    please!

and thank you.
    Most definitely!

People surfing over your head. cameras flashing! Effing annoying

and if he's too big for his britches he can buy bigger britches. End of problem.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    gtrplyr wrote:
    Maybe he wants to be able to perform to the best of his ability, which is hard with hundreds of flashes in your face. I guess thats wanting to rule the world, right?

Yes, it seems that people who don't play have no sense of the practical side of things. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    It's not that Ed's a diva. It is that people are not respectful when given the chance to BE RESPECTFUL. At the Vic. During the pre-set the flashes right up in the front were ridiculous. PJ security was giving out tape to cover the flashes and still people just completely ignored the request. Over and over and over.

Ever been hung over and tried to NOT get a headache with flashes going off in your eyes non-fucking stop?

Want good shows? Respect the artist's wishes. If people won't...the artist must change the rules so the shows can be enjoyed by all in attendance including the artist.

AND...On another note....anyone who think there will be no BOOTLEGS of the shows is an idiot.

Implicit in the term "bootleg" is something that is done illegaly or clandestine.

I don't think they are going to search people any more than at any other concert and there are boots from like every show out there. RELAX!

What she said.

People just don't get it.

Oh well. I'm kind of glad there won't be any cameras allowed. A little worried about my phone, but hopefully that will all be just *fine.*
    sometimes life don't leave you alone
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    pulaski wrote:

What does Binaural have to do with any of this?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    i hope their are no cameras and you people shut the fuck up. The ridiculous crowd noise ruined Benaroya.

its a fucking acoustic show. have some class :)
  • Options
    I agree, they should release another Binural - spectacular album. About your other comments - grow up.
  • Options
    i don't think so at all. with age comes experience and usually knowledge, and especially as a dad...he probably realizes the danger of crowd-surfing, and hell...cameras are merely a BIG distraction for performer and audience alike! i say kudos to him!

i never brought a camera to a concert UNTIL pearl jam, b/c no other artists allowed em, never was all that close anyway, and just simply didn't even think to do so....until pj. for shows that i have been CLOSE...i've brought my camera, took pics, and sure...some are beautiful! but honestly, if they did away with allowing cameras, i'd be a-ok with it. then i wouldn't feel tempted to bring my camera, no biggie. it's all about the *experience* of a live performance that counts.

beisdes, hopefully we will always get official bootlegs, although we ARe lacking quite a few *cough*eurotour2007...irvingplaza*cough*.......dvds get released, there are offical pics released, etc.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    QubeQube Posts: 44
    can't wait for someone to scream "EVENFLO" ala chicago house of blues

...bet they're no going to let me bring in a cooler either
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    can i just say some of you are omitting a great point that the OP has.. he doesnt just mention cameras and their flashing... but AUDIO taping also....

i agree with the no flashes and no cameras situation.. must be shit having all those flashes going off and i know its shit to have some idiot holding up a mobile phone at the start of every song to get some 18 seconds of unlistenable footage that has the pixel equivalent of a ZX Spectrum... but NO TAPING!!!! Ed was a habitual taper and he listened to shitloads of boots by his favourite bands..

this kinda goes against his whole ethos about music doesnt it? ok i'm cool with the no camera thing, but a small recorder doesnt flash and PJ used to actively endorse taping.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    i think the taping thing MAY be b/c perhaps he's going to share some new mateiral, something special for those in attendance, and doesn't want it 'out'.....and/or b/c it's his first solo show, doesn't want it released...? i don't know, all second guesses. bottomline, it's his show, his call....i think we as pj fans are very spoiled by all we HAVe gotten/allowed in the past, but c'est la vie! i still don't think any of it means he needs more humility. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:

Good post and great points!

It's also possible they'll be recording these shows (both on video and audio).

But I have to agree that people can be very rude at these type of small and intimate shows. Or any shows, really.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i think the taping thing MAY be b/c perhaps he's going to share some new mateiral, something special for those in attendance, and doesn't want it 'out'.....and/or b/c it's his first solo show, doesn't want it released...? i don't know, all second guesses. bottomline, it's his show, his call....i think we as pj fans are very spoiled by all we HAVe gotten/allowed in the past, but c'est la vie! i still don't think any of it means he needs more humility. :p

do you think Ed used to care about a bands new material when he bootlegged a show?

it is his show and therefore his call... but its also hypocritical of him... and its this hypocrisy that I'm griping about not the fact people cant tape the shows... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options

I think you're on to something there; there's probably going to be an official release of some kind to commemorate this special tour so he doesn't want crappy recordings surfacing.

We're not mind-readers so we don't know what he has planned for the future.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."