iPad 2 is worth every penny

2»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tethering rules.

anouther common word is "hotspot"

i tether my home computer to the evo via the usb cable, and the wii (gf's choice, not mine) via wifi to stream netflix movies.

no traditional (cable, dsl, dial up) home internet in our house.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    The only thing the iPad is missing is a pretty decent overhaul to the OS. I hope ios5 has better notifications and I guess some widgets. (Which I never really cared for)

Oh and photobooth on the ipad is sooooooo sweet. To the OP, you know you can manipulate the effects by moving your fingers around the screen right?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

Oh and photobooth on the ipad is sooooooo sweet. To the OP, you know you can manipulate the effects by moving your fingers around the screen right?

I did not know that! Sweet, thanks.

See people, you will never run out of tricks/apps/uses for this thing....
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The only thing the iPad is missing is a pretty decent overhaul to the OS. I hope ios5 has better notifications and I guess some widgets. (Which I never really cared for)

I agree. No retna display either (my primary reason for not upgrading). I bet retna display will be on iPad 3.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Using a mobile device for Internet on another device.[/quote]
    ? I don't get it. I have the iPhone. So If I had an I pad I could use my iPhones Internet on the iPad?[/quote]

Yes! That is why I didn't spend the extra money on a 3G iPad.[/quote]

So with the 3G you wouldn't need to tether because 3G comes with Internet? So I could connect to my iPhone and not need to worry about an Internet connection? Sorry, just trying to understand it. I don't have a computer. I do have an iPhone 3 GS. I want an iPad but don't see the point if I have an iPhone. Anybody else have the iPad and iPhone?
    I'll be back

there was some apple bias in that comparison. just read Brians reveiew of browsers. talks great about xoom and pisses on ipad but gives them the same score. really?

also alot of talk about how great itunes and istore is, when in reality, that stuff is available from other outlets.

it'll be interesting to see how things look in a year after developers have had a chance to play with honeycomb on tablets.

no doubt, apple has the head start and a better cheaper product today. i suspect in a year from now, it all changes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bubbles wrote:

there was some apple bias in that comparison. just read Brians reveiew of browsers. talks great about xoom and pisses on ipad but gives them the same score. really?

also alot of talk about how great itunes and istore is, when in reality, that stuff is available from other outlets.

it'll be interesting to see how things look in a year after developers have had a chance to play with honeycomb on tablets.

no doubt, apple has the head start and a better cheaper product today. i suspect in a year from now, it all changes

it seems like every good ipad review theres a "bias". its a great product, thats why it gets a good review. And itunes really doesnt have any other alternative. The whole point of itunes on an iphone or ipad is to buy your music, movies, books directly on the device and have it put onto the device. You cant do that with amazon or rhapsody.

Also, the ipad 2 blows away the competition in graphics performance.

edit: actually you cant have movies installed directly to the iphone because theyre so huge. But you can buy them on the device.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    you can't give both machines the same score for a catagory after you sing the praises of one, and talk about the inferiority of the other. that just tells me you want the ipad to win regardless of whether it is the better product.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bubbles wrote:
    you can't give both machines the same score for a catagory after you sing the praises of one, and talk about the inferiority of the other. that just tells me you want the ipad to win regardless of whether it is the better product.

it wasnt the same score.... the xoom had 4.0 and the ipad had 3.7 for that category.

The ipad won fair and square.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    Bubbles wrote:

it wasnt the same score.... the xoom had 4.0 and the ipad had 3.7 for that category.

The ipad won fair and square.

i was commenting specifically on Brian's scoring for that round.

i do believe i said today the ipad is a better choice, however, i believe in a year from now it won't be. just like 2 years ago the iphone was the best smartphone, while today, its equal at best. at best.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bubbles wrote:

i was commenting specifically on Brian's scoring for that round.

i do believe i said today the ipad is a better choice, however, i believe in a year from now it won't be. just like 2 years ago the iphone was the best smartphone, while today, its equal at best. at best.

Its all preference.

Some prefer more customization and features. Some prefer a smoother UI and ease of use.

I still think the iphone is the best. Its smoother and simple, not to mention better looking. I understand features and customization is important, but Ill leave that for my computer. A phone or tablet needs to be slick and easy to use.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    and some prefer customization, smooth & easy to use interface, high speed (4g IS cool) and the ability to fully utilize the internet and not rely on stevie to tell us what we can and can't use.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Bubbles wrote:
    and some prefer customization, smooth & easy to use interface, high speed (4g IS cool) and the ability to fully utilize the internet and not rely on stevie to tell us what we can and can't use.
    People who use the android platform love this argument. It's pretty funny.

I use my iPad all the time and Rarely come across a site that doesn't support HTML 5
    Bubbles wrote:
    People who use the android platform love this argument. It's pretty funny.

I use my iPad all the time and Rarely come across a site that doesn't support HTML 5

hmmm, i'll have to go try some sights out at the apple store..... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bubbles wrote:

whatever.

All Im going to say is that if there were an android thread you wouldnt see me or anyone else commenting on how its not as good.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    :lol:

i never said teh ipad was bad did i? i even went so far as to say it's the best device on teh market today.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Having worked extensively with both platforms, I truly feel sorry for people who have iPhones and IPads. Not sure why you'd pay more for so much less.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Bubbles wrote:

whatever.

All Im going to say is that if there were an android thread you wouldnt see me or anyone else commenting on how its not as good.

Right. Because we own apple stuff and know it's better and don't have to argue about it ;)

Besides, we are trying to compare a cell phone to a tablet.....
    i stand by the op asking why we haven't bought an ipad yet as my defense.

does the forum work on the ipad?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Right. Because we own apple stuff and know it's better and don't have to argue about it ;)

Besides, we are trying to compare a cell phone to a tablet.....

i own an use an ipod because it it intergrates with my car stereo.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Got mine in the mail the other day. This thing is so amazing. Its so ridiculous what you can do with it, and how much more fun it is to use than something like a laptop. Streaming movies with netflix, playing games with pretty much PS3 graphics, going on the internet, plugging a guitar into it and making music with garageband, editing movies, goofin around with photobooth, taking notes in class with it, buying and listening to music with it, this crap is endless. Just holding it and flicking/pinching the screen feels so cool. The smoothness of the OS is even better than the iphone 4. I knew I wanted this over a macbook and I'm glad I made the choice I made.

the smart cover is really sweet too.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    So, can you tether an iPad to an iPhone 3gs, or just an iPhone 4???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    So, can you tether an iPad to an iPhone 3gs, or just an iPhone 4???

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3574
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg