i think i fell in love with my girlfriends friend....

dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
i'm a huge football fan. i live and die for the dallas cowboys. my whole life is structured around football. this has always caused problems in my reltionships with women because they feel like they are always second (which they are :lol: ).

everyone always told me that i would never be able to find a girl who likes sports as much as me. i gave up on that awhile ago..until a week ago.

the girlfriend and i went to one of her friends birthday dinner. i've been told about this girl a little bit before. i briefly met her a couple times. but i was too wasted to remember. i really didn't want to go that night because my girlfriends friends are a little lame. the guys in the group are a little to fruity for my taste. so there isn't much to talk about. but she said "oh don't worry, the birthday girl loves sports. you will like talking to her".

oh did i.

i'll tell you that i can be an asshole towards alot of people and talking about sports. i can't stand people who claim they like football, hockey, baseball, basketball... any sport really, and then you get into a convo with them and they have no idea at all about that sport. you can usually tell within the first couple mins if they know what they are talking about. after that i don't want to talk to you about sports because you will probably say some ignorant comment about my team and i can only hold my tounge for so long.

i figured this would be the case with this girl.

not at all.

my mind was blown.

i sat across from her that night and we talked for a long time. i felt like i was on a first date with this girl. our eyes locked and we were having these crazy sports discussions. all of this going on with my girlfriend beside me. i could tell that my girlfriend was feeling a little jealous that i was having this crazy connection with this girl. she even made a comment afterwards that she has been avoiding us to me like that because she knew i would like this girl to much.

i've been wanting to message this girl on facebook so bad. i know its not a good idea. i'm not one to cheat or do anything behind anyones back. but its so weird this feeling that i've had for the past week.

the girlfriend and her aren't great friends. in fact they didn't talk for years and only started talking again recently because of common friends. i don't even know if this could be pulled off if i wanted to talk to her. i would feel pretty stupid if i fucked things up with the girlfriend and things went no where with the sports girl.

i feel like i'm living in a seinfeld episode.

should this be something i should even be considering?

bad idea or what? :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Quick question...why do you refer to your girlfriend as *The Girlfriend*? It appears you refer to her as a thing or an object....it seems you refer to her in a negative way is this so?

Peace.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Dude.. I don't know how old you are, but wether you get with this new girl or not, you should probably break it off with your current girlfriend and stop wasting her time. You obviously aren't that into her. I love sports too, but sports isn't everything.

And then good luck with the new girl. Hope it works out!
  • Oh boy.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Dude.. I don't know how old you are, but wether you get with this new girl or not, you should probably break it off with your current girlfriend and stop wasting her time. You obviously aren't that into her. I love sports too, but sports isn't everything.

This
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • you probably aren't in love with her,
    you'll just be infatuated with her because she likes sports and you got on so well
    you need to think about your relationship first, how much does your girlfriend mean to you and how true is the relationship.

i don't think you should message her on facebook, especially if your girlfriend and her only just became friends. it could lead to things that will ruin a relationship
    sometimes things like this happen, where you meet someone who you get on with so well that you become infatuated with them and start to think there might be feelings or something. but it will pass, these feelings will pass
    besides it's only been a week, you met her once - you can't really be in love with her can you?

don't beat yourself up about this, you seem to know that it's a bad idea to message her on facebook
    and
    sports isn't everything :lol:
    if it was pj however.... :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    clearly, we need facebook links to current gf and new girl to decided a proper course of action
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Red_Dot wrote:

This
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,983
    Bullshit. if you're seeking ways to get away with it, breakup with the current girlfriend and stay away from the sports girl. They both deserve better than what you're contemplating.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I love football as much as the next guy, but, it's really not that important.

These players should be fucking ashamed of themselves, comparing playing in the NFL to slavery. I'm looking at you, #28.

In fact, I got into a heated argument last night with a friend of a friend while watching the UFC pay per view over this. His argument was that Police and Firefighters are paid too much and have benefits and pensions that they don't deserve. However, he feels that NFL players and professional athletes in general are "underpaid" because they "put their bodies on the line for the entertainment of others."

Okay, well, next time an NFL player crawls on his hands and knees, in a room where it's 800 degrees 3 feet off the ground, searching for a missing child, and the ceiling falls on his fucking head, maybe he can attest that my job is a little bit tougher than his.

I think it's ridiculous that professional sports teams mean so much to people that they're willing to alienate friends and family, at times, over disagreements. Just like politics and religion, they're really more for entertainment. That's the point I'm getting at.

If you're willing to drop your girl over a conversation with her friend about a sports team, you'd better hope that this new broad is compatible with you in some other areas. This whole thing sounds a little too childish.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Man up :roll: ... by the very fact you refer to the women your with as "The Girlfriend" as g under p noted I would suspect you are not all that into her but you need to let her go before you "facebook" this other women.
    To do anything else is immature but by your "issue" with sport I'd suspect you may be young as if you are you will learn that it's not everything and if you are going to base your compatibality with partners based on their knowledge and love of sport to match yours you may be destined for a lonely life ... but I guess you will have your sport :roll:

If you end up getting this sport girl,good luck.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    81 wrote:
    clearly, we need facebook links to current gf and new girl to decided a proper course of action
    :lol::lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • I think you guys are looking into him referring to her as "the girlfriend" a little too much.

If a girl called a guy "the boyfriend," I doubt anyone would be up in arms about her objectifying him.

Just sayin', the dude's got bigger issues than looking at this chick as an object. I think the TS needs a wake-up call, to learn what life is really about. Anyone who bases so much off of a fucking group of rich thugs and glorified HS gym teachers might not have a proper grasp of what truly matters.
  • I think you guys are looking into him referring to her as "the girlfriend" a little too much.

If a girl called a guy "the boyfriend," I doubt anyone would be up in arms about her objectifying him.

Just sayin', the dude's got bigger issues than looking at this chick as an object. I think the TS needs a wake-up call, to learn what life is really about. Anyone who bases so much off of a fucking group of rich thugs and glorified HS gym teachers might not have a proper grasp of what truly matters.

i agree with this
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    was your girlfriends friends name TONY ROMO ? lol
    most cowboys fans are so deep in the closet they can find christmas presents
    sorry all love PEARL JAM HATE THE COWBOYS and or anything to do with them
    ajb
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    3 SUM!!!
    I'll be back
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    3 SUM!!!
    8-)
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Geez....

Um....

You know, I love sport.... The only thing I want from a girl in regards to sport is respect that I love it. I want them to know that every week I am going to watch my team play... much like how I would like them to be with pj... respect that I love them, they don't need to like it, but if a girl hated it and stopped me from listening to pj or watching my sport it would be time to part ways...

It sounds like your girl respects your love at sport.. It sounds like you are lucky to have her..
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Geez....

Um....

You know, I love sport.... The only thing I want from a girl in regards to sport is respect that I love it. I want them to know that every week I am going to watch my team play... much like how I would like them to be with pj... respect that I love them, they don't need to like it, but if a girl hated it and stopped me from listening to pj or watching my sport it would be time to part ways...

It sounds like your girl respects your love at sport.. It sounds like you are lucky to have her..
    This...
    My wife respects my hobbies but I don't force her to indulge in them...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    Good luck with whatever decision you make.
    The grass always looks greener on the other side ofthe fence...sometimes it is but sometimes it's just as brown & shitty as your current grass.
    At least have the balls to know what you want, make your decision & live with that choice.
    Gibson1972
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Having a girlfriend into my pro sports teams isnt all thats cracked up to be. Been there. It was cool in the beginning, but it got really old. Sports (spectating) is something reserved for my friends. for me, It seems to work better being in a relationship where she carries just a passive interest.

if you go for this girl. just go all out and play everything honest. Dont creep around.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Sounds like you love sports more than anything. Date a guy that loves sports as much as you.
    I'll be back
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    A sports elitist is almost as bad as a Pearl Jam elitist.
    :roll:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

^^^ This 8-)

Strange...I would never drop my husband if I met a guy who was just as passionate about shoes as I :think: :problem:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • I love the color green- everything about the color green and any color involving the color green. I love talking about the color green, love the green grass and the green leaves. I love green money and green eyes. I love green socks and green cars...
    But my boyfriend loved the color red.

I once met a guy that loved the color green as much as me.....

Its pretty much just as absurd, right?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I love the color green- everything about the color green and any color involving the color green. I love talking about the color green, love the green grass and the green leaves. I love green money and green eyes. I love green socks and green cars...

awesome!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I love the color green- everything about the color green and any color involving the color green. I love talking about the color green, love the green grass and the green leaves. I love green money and green eyes. I love green socks and green cars...

I love green too ;)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • norm wrote:

awesome!
    ..... I should have finished the story-
    I cheated on the red-loving fuckwad and ran away to Vegas with my fellow-greener and have an incredible life.

We finish each others sentences, our babies look better than Brad Pitt (circa Fight Club), we never argue and when we make love, angels actually cry. We both quit our jobs as well so we can stay home and rub green paint all over each other and eat spinach all day long. Life couldn't be better.

:roll:
  • pjfan31 wrote:

I love green too ;)
    Just how much do you like green?

*searching facebook for pjfan31, thinking he's probably the one*
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    edited March 2011
    This only seems foolish to people because they think an interest in talking about sports is kinda trivial and not a really a deep connection to have with someone.

If it was your main interest in life though, maybe it wouldn't seem so strange?
    If it's bigger like that, sometimes having a common obsession IS a way that people connect.

Only you can decide how important something is to you.
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Dude.. I don't know how old you are, but wether you get with this new girl or not, you should probably break it off with your current girlfriend and stop wasting her time. You obviously aren't that into her. I love sports too, but sports isn't everything.

^^^ This 8-)

Strange...I would never drop my husband if I met a guy who was just as passionate about shoes as I :think: :problem:

Well then, I guess I have zero chance.