Nooo!!! AT&T to Acquire T-Mobile USA

2»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    .Gov has stepped in and is trying to block the merger.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I need a new phone and just wondering what the hell is going on with this whole merger.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Newch91 wrote:
    I'm T-Mobile. For all those who have AT&T, how's the service?

I've had att forever. I had cingular before att took them over and can you believe my reception actually worsened when att took over? I recently got a tmobile phone and plan and so far so good....we still have an att phone, and we were going to let the contract expire and move to tmobile...so much for that plan! Att is more $$. Tmobile was offering great plans before the merge(takeover?) so we got a REALLY good deal. Hopefully it sticks for the whole 2 yr plan...
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I hope the chick in the red dress doesn't lose her job!
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2011
    RKCNDY wrote:

unlimited text is $20/month...I'm at 300-500 texts a month...they do have an 'unlimited everything' plan...don't know how much that is.

Actually that same unlimited text for $20 also, there's an unlimited text, and calls to any CELL phone, no matter the carrier for $20. So even if you had a smaller anytime plan, that $20 addition would be worth it. How often do any of us call a land line anymore?
    Post edited by Lizardjam on
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • I've never had a problem in four-plus years of T-Mobile, first with a regular phone and now with a smart phone
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I want my next phone to be a smart phone. I hear the iPhone 5 might be going to T-Mobile. I'm thinking either that, a Blackberry, or the My Touch.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'm on Verizon right now, and to be honest, Verizon blows.. Unless it's my phone, I always get dropped calls and garbled sounds. I can never make out what anyone is saying.

If the merger doesn't go through, I'm going back to T-Mobile when my contract is up. I never had any troubles with T-Mobile. Service was awesome.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    good news for you T mobile users
    Reuters

8:02 a.m. CDT, August 22, 2012
    T-Mobile USA, the No. 4 U.S. mobile provider, will sell a new unlimited data service option to its customers for a monthly fee in a direct challenge to its bigger rival Sprint Nextel, the only other big U.S. provider selling unlimited services.

The offer may also help T-Mobile USA, a unit of Deutsche Telekom, stand out from the biggest U.S. operators Verizon Wireless and AT&T Inc, which have both set caps on their customers' monthly data usage.

Today T-Mobile USA, which has been losing customers to bigger and smaller rivals, limits its customers' data speeds after they have downloaded a certain amount of data each month.

But under the new plan, which is being launched on Sept. 5, T-Mobile USA will allow customers unlimited data usage without any curb on their service speeds.

The T-Mobile USA announcement came a day after smaller rival MetroPCS Communications announced a promotional offer under which it will also offer unlimited data usage without throttling back speeds.

Customers opting for T-Mobile USA's unlimited data usage will add a $20 payment on top of their existing $49.99 a month fee, which covers unlimited phone calls and texts.

This compares with the company's existing $74.99 plan, which comes with unlimited talking and texting and a limit of 5 gigabytes of data.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg