Nooo!!! AT&T to Acquire T-Mobile USA

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/20/at ... obile-usa/

Great, now my cheap crap service phone is about to become expensive crap service. :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    :shock:
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Well.....welcome to AT&T!!!! Hope you have lube!!
    I'll be back
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/20/att-to-acquire-t-mobile-usa/

Great, now my cheap crap service phone is about to become expensive crap service. :(

BUT IT'S 4G! FOOOUUUURRRRRR GGGGGGGGGGGG
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I'm T-Mobile. For all those who have AT&T, how's the service?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Newch91 wrote:
    Fine where I am. Never have dropped calls.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sucks for t mobile peeps....none are happy about it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Big Drop wrote:
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/20/att-to-acquire-t-mobile-usa/

BUT IT'S 4G! FOOOUUUURRRRRR GGGGGGGGGGGG

4g rules.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    At&t sucks, Rogers in Canada sucks even more, and they all the same. democrat/republican, we are better off going to one of the smaller companies, like wind or meeboo, or whatever they are called.

Plus those bigger guys are for sure listening in to phone calls, one big government/giant corporation orgy.
  • Newch91 wrote:

Who names their kid T-Mobile?

Your parents were jerks.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003
    Someday AT&T will own us...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    In all honesty, this happened to me a while back. I used to be cell-one, and they were bought out by ATT. I've noticed absolutely no change. Nothing at all. The service is the same and I suppose the price would be the same.
    Newch91 wrote:

Who names their kid T-Mobile?

Your parents were jerks.
    :lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    MrAbraham wrote:
    At&t sucks, Rogers in Canada sucks even more, and they all the same. democrat/republican, we are better off going to one of the smaller companies, like wind or meeboo, or whatever they are called.

Plus those bigger guys are for sure listening in to phone calls, one big government/giant corporation orgy.

my therory is the .gov has super computers that screen every call/email/text/im/forum/blog looking for key words.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    39 billion in cash and stocks :shock:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    AT&T is up 3% today. guess the market liked the move. AT&T's current market cap is $170B

Exxon has a market cap of $407B

39B is small taters.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Sprint is getting hammered by the news. Down 14% today. hmmmm....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    I wouldn't doubt that Verizon makes a move for them by the end of the year
    81 wrote:
    I wouldn't doubt that Verizon makes a move for them by the end of the year

we'll see. i'm with sprint, and if they were to be scooped, i would want it to be verizon. there is also talk of sprint scooping smaller players like US Cell, PCS, and a couple of other small guys.

i'm tempted to pick up a few sprint shares...will need to dig into them a little more... i looked at them about a year ago and thought at the time Verizon was the best cell company to own, but didn't pick up any shares.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    But the important question is: Will the girl in the commercials now wear orange and blue polka dots instead of pink?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Newch91 wrote:

never had any dropped calls
    get service where verizon folks don't (Yes, I CAN hear you...but I'm on a different network)
    free calls to other AT&T folks
    I get the roll over minutes
    2 lines, unlimited data, 1000 text, unlimited N&W, voicemail, 700 rollover minutes=$120

used to work for AT&T, yes customer service sucks, but they really do have the fastest network.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

get service where verizon folks don't (Yes, I CAN hear you...but I'm on a different network)
    2 lines, unlimited data, 1000 text, unlimited N&W, voicemail, 700 rollover minutes=$120

used to work for AT&T, yes customer service sucks, but they really do have the fastest network.
    What about unlimited text? I'm a text machine. I'm thinking when this deal goes through, I might make the move to the iPhone.
    Newch91 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

What about unlimited text? I'm a text machine. I'm thinking when this deal goes through, I might make the move to the iPhone.

unlimited text is $20/month...I'm at 300-500 texts a month...they do have an 'unlimited everything' plan...don't know how much that is.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

unlimited text is $20/month...I'm at 300-500 texts a month...they do have an 'unlimited everything' plan...don't know how much that is.
    Right now, my plan with T-Mobile, is $15 a month with unlimited text and $.10 a minute for talk.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I had T-mobile before AT&T and nothing but issues...

I have had AT&T for almost 3 years now. No issues...AT ALL!
    Come on in T-mobile the water is great!!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

ALSO,
    i have no issue with the customer service..nothing but great to me whenever I have called. Always giving me free shit! LOVE THEM
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    Right now if you have unlimited text with att. You can get unlimited mobile to mobile to any network.

http://www.att.com/anymobile

Also if you have the 1400 minute plan you get A list. No minutes deducted for any 20 land line numbers.
    Newch91 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Right now, my plan with T-Mobile, is $15 a month with unlimited text and $.10 a minute for talk.

most likely, you will be able to keep your plan. When I left the company, they were switching over to Cingular and my plan stayed the same, I just got rollover minutes. When Cingular dissolved, my plan still stayed the same. You'll just get better coverage on the AT&T network.

and Boo, I'm talking about the 'consumer reports' data they release a few months back...customer service is bad compared with other providers...I've never personally had bad service...but then again, there is probably a note on my account 'previous employee, be nice' :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    81 wrote:
    MrAbraham wrote:

my therory is the .gov has super computers that screen every call/email/text/im/forum/blog looking for key words.

Yeah, I think that's sorta it.

BTW, next time you make a long distance call, say some 'key words', then listen to how the call tone changes. Try it! It's freaky, just take a look at the M Train side of the forum for 'key words'.

Then use the Captain Crunch cereal tone whistle device and see if it still get's us free calls from att :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2600_hertz
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    this sucks. we won't see more commercials like this then :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKiv-4mY0_I
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA