Shit Your Dad Says Thread

2»

Comments

• Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    KM43590 wrote:
    My father used to tell me that my eyes are brown because I'm so full of shit! :lol:
    Got that one a lot and he still regularly says "that's your ass talking because your head knows better."

He says a bunch of nutty shit to this day.

If referred to some less than flattering name like sonofabitch or whatever...he says "Well you could've been something too if you had tried."
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • The first time driving on the highway with my Dad as a passenger (20 years ago): "Jesus Christ, your speed's going up and down like a whore's panties."
    While golfing (10 years ago): "You make this shot & I'll kiss your ass 'til you bark like a fox."
    While informing me a family member has passed away (last week): "One day, you're having a party, next thing you know -- tits up."
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    One night while we were in bed, my sister & I imagined we heard noises coming from the attic so we started screaming.

Our Dad: "What the hell's going on up there?"
    Me & Sis: "We hear noises"
    Dad: "You'll hear a noise when you get a smack on the ass"

~ ~ ~ quiet for the rest of the night ~ ~ ~
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    This reminds me
    Shit My Dad Says

I'm looking forward to this show returning in the fall... hope it was renewed
    funny stuff

I could really relate being in his age group with grown kids
    I hope they rerun the finale I already forgot the cliffhanger :lol:
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    shoveling snow with my dad when i was kid, out of nowhere he yells "it's colder than a witches titty out here"
  • not4uuunot4uuu Posts: 94
    My dad has been gone for 27 years now and this thread got me to thinkin about him and all the things he used to say, besides him calling me Dude ( short for Doodlebug)...one thing I remember is, if you were talking about something he didn't know about, he would say, " I had one of those once, but the wheels fell off" he also used to tell me he loved me more than the moon and the stars!!!

Love you Dad!
    pearljammin66
  • not4uuu wrote:
    My dad has been gone for 27 years now and this thread got me to thinkin about him and all the things he used to say, besides him calling me Dude ( short for Doodlebug)...one thing I remember is, if you were talking about something he didn't know about, he would say, " I had one of those once, but the wheels fell off" he also used to tell me he loved me more than the moon and the stars!!!

Love you Dad!
    That is so sweet. My dad was a loser and I was always been so jealous of those who felt like their dad cared. I'm glad you were able to have that and I am glad you still carry the memory.
    Emily
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    "Grandma, what big ears you have!"

"All the better to hear with, my child."

"Grandma, what big eyes you have!"

"All the better to see with, my child."

"Grandma, what a big mouth you have"

"Do you have any idea how big Grandpa's penis is?!?!?"
    It'll be a Chinese Passover the next time adam dunn hits a home run
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    This was a one time saying when I was 16ish, was kind of a loner, only had a couple friends that were guys and wasn't interested in girls that much.

So out of the blue he says, "just don't fuck anyone in the ass, eh Dan"

I replied with, "I know."

One of the funniest things he said to my brothers was, "I don't know if you're my kids, you don't look anything like your mother."
    My sister recently (re)started school 3 kids and 12 years later.

"How is school going?"
    "It is very hard"
    "The only thing easy in life is peeing in the shower"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    here are two things the ol' man used to say:

"older the buck stiffer the horn"

and who could forget this one,

"a young bull and a old bull are up top a hill overlooking a herd of cows.
    the young bull says to the older bull, "let's run down there and fuck one of them there cows"
    the older bull looks at the younger bull, laughs and says, "let's walk down there and fuck em all"
    "

:twisted:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • bennett13bennett13 Posts: 439
    My dad had colorful language down to an art form. I remember watching a baseball game on TV with him when I was in middle school...the second baseman made a bumbling error, at which point my dad started cussing, saying "someone should sew his second baseman's mitt to his nutsack!"
    :lol:

Still cracking up to this day over that.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    bennett13 wrote:
    My dad had colorful language down to an art form. I remember watching a baseball game on TV with him when I was in middle school...the second baseman made a bumbling error, at which point my dad started cussing, saying "someone should sew his second baseman's mitt to his nutsack!"
    :lol:

Still cracking up to this day over that.
    that is funny
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Well this pertains to my father-in-law, who likes to slip out a gem every now and again. A couple years ago a good friend of ours got married and my hubby's parents were invited to the wedding. Well dear FIL had one too many double Jacks :D There's this Dropkick Murphy's song that's played at all of our weddings (we're a strange group I know) and during this song, all the guys got on the dance floor to sing to it. FIL got right in the middle of it, and at one point screamed "Who's got the biggest dick here? I DO!"

:shock:

He denies it to this day but everyone that was there confirms it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    he uses the phrase, "ha-Penis" in lieu of happiness quite often.

also, quotes the beverly hillbillies movie all the time- his name is Morgan. Big M, little organ
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    A couple of great ones stand out to me:

The holidays: "I was 13 years old before I realized it was called christmas, and not god damn christmas."

I response to Tupac's untimely death: "it's a damn shame what happened to ole six pack shocker."
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    Whenever I couldn't find one of my toys or whatever, pop's response would always be: "If it was up your ass, you'd know where it was."

When I was struggling with bullies, getting into trouble for fighting in school all the time, etc., pop's response was: "You've got to learn to turn the other cheek, but then again, you've only got two cheeks." That was better than my mother's previous advice: "If anybody messes with you, just punch them in the nose." I still got into a fight on a monthly basis, though, but that was better than daily.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    this is one was good:

Dad just said, "Being a Cubs fan is a mental disorder." My family is endlessly entertaining.- SD's dad
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    My dad says all kinds of weird shit. He's smarter than he thinks he is.