edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Comments about the ESPN 30 for 30 doc. on the Fab 5

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0 ... /?src=tptw
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    nice!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    never did like chalen rose...or any of the fab 5 for that matter.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,401
    Bang. And I fucking hate Duke.

Of course, the thing about being glad about his parents still working well into their 60s... I hope I'm not still working well into my 60s!!! :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i never thought one way or another about rose until i watched the doc...man he is a petulant jerk...kinda sad that hill had to respond but i'm glad he did
    he's just pissed c webb called that time out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:

:lol:
    81 wrote:

and what pussy he is...didn't want to participate in the doc? :roll:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

no need to relive it. anytime the fab 5 come up, you just know, time out is going to be right behind. i'm sure he is sick of hearing about it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

no need to relive it. anytime the fab 5 come up, you just know, time out is going to be right behind. i'm sure he is sick of hearing about it. :lol:

yeah but at once he can talk about it and maybe that'll stop the questioning...regardless, he's still a pussy ;)
    it'll never stop the questions or comments. :lol:

it's gotta be a top 5 boneheaded ncaa tourney play
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

yeah you're probably right

i'd say that's a top 5 all time bonehead play in sports in general :lol:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    good for Grant to respond. I watched this show and thought Jalen's comments were borderline inapppropriate. between basically calling Grant an uncle tom and basic stereotypical racist thoughts about Laettner and Hurley . as i watched it i thought to myself that if a white guy got up there and made comments in a similar vein how the shit would have hit the fan.
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    It's funny how Jalen would say those things about the Duke players when his teammate Chris Webber went to a private school and his family was pretty well off.
    shadowcast wrote:
    It's funny how Jalen would say those things about the Duke players when his teammate Chris Webber went to a private school and his family was pretty well off.

Yeah, they talked about Chris Webber like he lived in the projects in that doc. Give me a freakin' break.

It really hurts that my Temple Owls lost in the Elite 8 to that team who later had to pull down their Final Four banner. :twisted:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,605
    i liked the fab 5 and have always hated duke....except for grant hill. i like grant hill even more now. the last sentence was particularly awesome (still despise duke though :lol: )

still haven't had a chance to see this thing yet. hopefully soon.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    i liked the fab 5 and have always hated duke....except for grant hill. i like grant hill even more now. the last sentence was particularly awesome (still despise duke though :lol: )

They cost me my College pool that year..I'll never forgive them

:cry:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    bad ass... class act... well said... i'm gonna go dig out my hill piston's jersey right now :D

GO DUKE
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    bad ass... class act... well said... i'm gonna go dig out my hill piston's jersey right now :D

GO DUKE
    I thought you were a bulls fan
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

GO DUKE
    I thought you were a bulls fan
    i liked hill throughout his duke days... and the old pistons jerseys were sweet... and it was a gift! i dont have to defend my jersey choices to you!

Fraudulent.......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i liked hill throughout his duke days... and the old pistons jerseys were sweet... and it was a gift! i dont have to defend my jersey choices to you!
    81 wrote:
    Fraudulent.......

Clearly. :P

81 wrote:
    Fraudulent.......

sorry kilgore, i have to concur here.
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,983
    81 wrote:
    Fraudulent.......

really?
    exhibit A . jersey was a gift to him.
    exhibit B . Liked and followed a player.

exhibit C . this must be what seals the fraudulent deal. The jersey is "sweet"

Aside from exhibit C , this brings up an interesting point about fraudulance.(is that even a word?)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

They cost me my College pool that year..I'll never forgive them

:cry:
    Being in New Orleans that night, I barely remember a thing ;) . My friend bet big bucks on the fab 5 that night :? . You could hear his scream "noooooooooooooooooo" :lol: echoing throughout the superdome before most people realized they had no timeouts left :shock: . So much for doubleling down the price of the trip :lol: , I'm glad I stopped betting. BTW 6 nights in New Orleans is a bit too much :oops: . 3 of the 8 of us got alcohol sickness :lol: , also glad I can control myself ;) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    can i not like individual players throughout the league while still solely endorsing my hometown team?? i liked/respected barkley, miller, and kemp a lot back in the day too... i'll always have a soft spot for deron williams cause he's an illini... i think nash is a hell of a player

i would never root for anyone playing my bulls though

i'm a fan of the GAME 8-)

can i not like individual players throughout the league while still solely endorsing my hometown team?? i liked/respected barkley, miller, and kemp a lot back in the day too... i'll always have a soft spot for deron williams cause he's an illini... i think nash is a hell of a player

i would never root for anyone playing my bulls though

please do not get sucked into their childishness
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009

Respect!

Same goes for me in just about every sport, I like individual teams and individual players as well. Some of my favorite players aren't on the home teams, but if they were they'd be dynasties.
    RISE ABOVE

GRANT HILL STYLE

8-)

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:

it should be #1
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Fraudulent.......

really?
    exhibit A . jersey was a gift to him.
    exhibit B . Liked and followed a player.

exhibit C . this must be what seals the fraudulent deal. The jersey is "sweet"

Aside from exhibit C , this brings up an interesting point about fraudulance.(is that even a word?)

you can like and follow a player. everyone does that. wearing that players jersey if its not your home town team? i gotta think that's crossing the line. not a big jersey guy anyway unless it's day of the game though.......and in this case it is the jersey of one of his hometown's rivals.

fraudulence: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraudulence

sorry kilgore! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com