Friend in critical condition... passed away, in memory

13»

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and condolences. I feel crushed for Taylor's parents, and family. Tonight all of us (his friends) are congregating to remember Taylor and find out what the details will be in the days to come.

I'd like to know the status of the girls.... :cry:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Sorry Man
  • So awful. :cry::cry:

Very sorry for your loss. My prayers and good vibes to all the lives involved.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    So sorry to hear this :(
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,677
    just read this thread. So sorry dc. It really sucks unexpectedly losing a friend so young, with so much lost time. I lost one of my best friends, my roommate a couple years ago to a snowboarding accident. It isn't easy.

It gets easier over time though. You try to harness the power for life Taylor had and improve your own. You may try to make a little more out of each day. You also bring Taylor along with you for certain things that you would know he would like. Say you are at a good show or a ballgame, you think of Taylor who would definitely be there. It will eventually become comforting to think of him and you will crack a smile or chuckle. If you're with friends, often, conversations will turn towards Taylor and people will be more and more likely to laugh/smile instead of cry.

The sadness and emptiness never goes away completely though. But it does get to the point where it almost feels good to shed an occasional tear or two for your friend. Like he is somewhere you cant see or feel, but your friend's presence at that time is very real.

Be strong dc, for you, your friends, and Taylor's family. Please use this thread if you feel you need to release some words. Best wishes.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm so sorry dave
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    My condolences.
    :(
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Candlelight vigil tonight. May you rest peacefully Taylor.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    There's not much I can say, except that I am so sorry.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I am so sorry. I send love, light and my condolences to his family and all the people whose lives he touched.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    I'm so sorry. I know we were goofing around earlier today. I'm so sorry for your loss. If there's anything we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Hey DC just read through this thread. I'm so sorry to hear about this loss..these accidents are very hard to take in. I'm sending you ALL the Positive (((((((((VIBRATIONS))))))))) within me to try and sooth your pain. I just want to let you know things should get better....ALL the best.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Thanks everyone. Last night was beautiful. I've never been a part of a candlelight vigil, but this was huge and it was one of the most profound moments I've had in my life. We all stood in a very long line down a street running east and west and all just stood facing the Salt Lake valley, the city lights glowing with our candles, we enjoyed a moment of silence that spontaneously lasted for close to 5 minutes. It felt amazing to share that moment with all of my greatest friends, who were all mutual friends with Taylor. We all cried collectively.

We met later at a church and all took turns speaking to the huge crowd through a mic and telling our stories, memories, and expressing our heartache. It lasted a good 3+ hours...

It was quite honestly one of the most beautiful things I've ever been a part of, albeit the circumstances.

Here is about what our view looked like while holding the candles in silence:

4472755964_ca04cca065.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I'm sorry for your loss :(

may Taylor rest in peace.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    :( Miss you Taylor.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    dcfaithful wrote:

Sending you a hug.
    Claireack wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Sending you a hug.

Thanks Claire.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    dcfaithful wrote:
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Really sorry to hear that, I know it's a cliche but he is in a better place now and isn't suffering.

RIP

I can't imagine a world without this guy... he was the embodiment of what it meant to live everyday like it was your last. :cry:

Oddly enough I had a very close friend of mine pass away not even a month after this post and he was exactly the same way. Everyone in his circle was deeply affected by his passing, it was such a shock and still is.
  • I lost a friend a year and a half ago to a tragic gun accident, believe it or not, and I think about her all the time. I know it's hard DC, but I try and think about how lucky I was to ever have known her.

Sometimes that helps.

take it easy
    I lost a friend a year and a half ago to a tragic gun accident, believe it or not, and I think about her all the time. I know it's hard DC, but I try and think about how lucky I was to ever have known her.

Sometimes that helps.

take it easy

Thanks PureandEasy, I hope your healing smoothly as well. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I'm so sorry for your loss dc. I've only just seen this thread. Losing a friend so young is heart wrenching. Big hugs to you (((((((dc)))))))
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    :cry: I'm so sorry for your loss man, I know how tough it is to lose a close friend and that feeling will never completely leave you. But at the same time, that person will never completely leave you either. Taylor was obviously a great influence in your life and hopefully as time goes on you'll be able to smile when you think about him!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    :cry: I'm so sorry for your loss man, I know how tough it is to lose a close friend and that feeling will never completely leave you. But at the same time, that person will never completely leave you either. Taylor was obviously a great influence in your life and hopefully as time goes on you'll be able to smile when you think about him!
    Thanks. :)

Oh I do, and laugh. That kid was a funny fucker! :lol:

Sooo many stories that I have about him, and memories are always coming back to me that make me laugh because I had forgotten about them completely.

He was actually 1/8th of us that went to PJ's SLC show back in September of 2009. :mrgreen:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Thanks everyone. Last night was beautiful. I've never been a part of a candlelight vigil, but this was huge and it was one of the most profound moments I've had in my life. We all stood in a very long line down a street running east and west and all just stood facing the Salt Lake valley, the city lights glowing with our candles, we enjoyed a moment of silence that spontaneously lasted for close to 5 minutes. It felt amazing to share that moment with all of my greatest friends, who were all mutual friends with Taylor. We all cried collectively.

We met later at a church and all took turns speaking to the huge crowd through a mic and telling our stories, memories, and expressing our heartache. It lasted a good 3+ hours...

It was quite honestly one of the most beautiful things I've ever been a part of, albeit the circumstances.

Here is about what our view looked like while holding the candles in silence:

4472755964_ca04cca065.jpg
    that is deep
    beautiful and sad
    i guess that's how it goes
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce