Friend in critical condition... passed away, in memory

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey all,
I know there are some good folks around these parts that put off some incredible vibes. I was hoping we could all just pass around some good natured thoughts and vibes for my friend, Taylor Pearce, and two girls who are all in critical condition after a rollover early Saturday morning.

Here is the news article:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51419 ... n.html.csp

Apparently all were thrown from the vehicle. Unfortunately, impairment is suspected. :(

One of the girls was driving, and recent updates from the hospital this weekend have been that Taylor is definitely improving. Tragically, one of the girls may or may not make it, but will no doubt be paralyzed from the waist down. I don't know either of these girls, but I have them and of course Taylor in my thoughts at all times and am praying for them to all pull through in the strongest form.

I know this is a very close friend of mine and with that said I fully realize and acknowledge their poor judgment in regards the impairment. I hope that after a healthy and speedy recovery for all, that they reflect back and realize the foolishness of driving while under the influence.

PS. Taylor is not 16, he's 21.
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    dc, I am sending good vibes your way and to your friends. It is a miracle that no other vehicles were involved in this tragic accident.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Thoughts and prayers for you friend and his friends...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    that's a real shame DC
    we've all made mistakes in our youth, and sometimes we still do
    it's a shame that this is how we have to learn sometimes, the very hard way
    i hope that everyone recovers and that your friend and the girls are spared pain and suffering as much as possible
    i also hope that the driver, as well as your friend, and all who were with them before this
    will take a lesson from this tragedy and refrain from driving while impaired
    unfortunately, being as young as they are, they may still be in the "invincible" stage of life
    maybe this will open their eyes
    all that being said,
    i am sending out positive vibes for wellness and much insight
    hope it helps, at least a little bit
    be sound
    peace,
    jo
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    RKCNDY wrote:
    dc, I am sending good vibes your way and to your friends. It is a miracle that no other vehicles were involved in this tragic accident.
    Yes, I'm thankful that no one else was harmed although the circumstances of these 3 is terrible.

Friday night another friend came over and shot the shit with me. He was the last one to talk to Taylor before we heard what had happened the next day. He was invited to join and didn't go because he was currently at my place. Very thankful he wasn't involved as well...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    thoughts and prayers to your friend and his acquantances. here is hoping for a speedy and thorough recovery. try not to focus too much on the hows and whys and focus at the moment on your friend getting well. good luck.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I hope it turns out o.k. man.
  • Thoughts, prayers, and positive vibes from NYC!
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Thoughts and wishes for the recovery for the future for your friend
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Good and positive vibes sent. DC I hope Taylor and the girls pull through for the sake of themselves and their families.
    StillHere wrote:
    that's a real shame DC
    we've all made mistakes in our youth, and sometimes we still do
    it's a shame that this is how we have to learn sometimes, the very hard way
    i hope that everyone recovers and that your friend and the girls are spared pain and suffering as much as possible
    i also hope that the driver, as well as your friend, and all who were with them before this
    will take a lesson from this tragedy and refrain from driving while impaired
    unfortunately, being as young as they are, they may still be in the "invincible" stage of life
    maybe this will open their eyes
    all that being said,
    i am sending out positive vibes for wellness and much insight
    hope it helps, at least a little bit
    be sound
    peace,
    jo
    I completely agree with everything you've said here. Thank you so much for your kinds words and thoughts.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    pjhawks wrote:
    thoughts and prayers to your friend and his acquantances. here is hoping for a speedy and thorough recovery. try not to focus too much on the hows and whys and focus at the moment on your friend getting well. good luck.
    Thank you. I am doing just that; not focusing on what could've been done differently, just looking forward and hoping that they all recover quickly and safely and reflect back on this as a learning experience.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Very sorry to hear this and yes of course I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

And it's a shame that all of the preaching about drinking and driving isn't getting to these kids.

I was guilty of it when I was young too so I shouldn't say anything, but things are different now. Too many people are distracted on the roadways from other things, phones, I-Pods, GPS's, etc.

Were they not wearing seat belts either?

A seat belt and airbag saved my life, I will never get into a vehicle without strapping in my seat belt. I encourage the rest of you to follow suit. They do save lives.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Sorry to hear kid. My thoughts are with your buddy and his two friends. Hope they all pull thru. Every day we have on this Earth is a blessing.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Very sorry to hear this and yes of course I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

And it's a shame that all of the preaching about drinking and driving isn't getting to these kids.

I was guilty of it when I was young too so I shouldn't say anything, but things are different now. Too many people are distracted on the roadways from other things, phones, I-Pods, GPS's, etc.

Were they not wearing seat belts either?

A seat belt and airbag saved my life, I will never get into a vehicle without strapping in my seat belt. I encourage the rest of you to follow suit. They do save lives.

After hearing about the ejections from the vehicle, I'm assuming no seatbelts were being worn. With that information, it's a miracle to me that they survived the accident.

Way too many distractions for drivers these days, but it's all about personal restraint from giving in. Inhebriation included...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Sorry to hear kid. My thoughts are with your buddy and his two friends. Hope they all pull thru. Every day we have on this Earth is a blessing.

Thank you. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I am sending love and light to all of you. I hope good things for all of you as you all heal through this. hugs
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The young are fun loving and carefree sometimes bulletproof... I think we all can understand that
    I know I was as were my kids

My loving prayers go to your friends dc and out to you ....
    this is a very tough time for you.
    pandora wrote:
    The young are fun loving and carefree sometimes bulletproof... I think we all can understand that
    I know I was as were my kids

My loving prayers go to your friends dc and out to you ....
    this is a very tough time for you.
    Absolutely.. I remember not even 5 years ago that I had the same mentality, that I was "invincible" and nothing like this would happen to me.

Thanks for your response and moment of thoughts and prayers.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    I am sending love and light to all of you. I hope good things for all of you as you all heal through this. hugs
    Thank you.

You're beginning to be a familiar face around here. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    DC I am very sorry to hear about your friend, my thoughts and prayers to your friend. Just remember to stay positive
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    I'm very sorry to hear about this, everyone involved is so young with so much life to live. Don't give up hope, there is ALWAYS hope. Something good will come out of this in time. Maybe it will inspire someone else to phone a taxi or a friend one night and save their life. It's a devastating situation, but hopefully they will recover. Always keep the hope. Stranger things have happened.

Thinking of these three souls and their families and friends, hoping, wishing, praying for strength and recovery. Sending good vibes from the East.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    What a mess the car was, very scarey indeed.

Sending them lots of positive thoughts and vibes.
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,044
    Prayers to Heaven sent....
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dcfaithful wrote:
    ....I am doing just that; not focusing on what could've been done differently, just looking forward and hoping that they all recover quickly and safely ....

All the energy needs to be channeled towards their healing.

My thoughts are with those hurt in the accident and for their loved ones to have the strength needed to see them through to physical and emotional recovery.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Good vibes to your friends, DC ~~~~~~~~~~>
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I hope they all recover , i send them my good vibes ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    they're in my prayers, Dave.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    I'm sorry to read about this DC. Sending good vibes from Florida
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    Thanks to all that replied and sent good vibes, prayers, well wishes, etc..

You all are beautiful, wonderful people.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    so sorry - sending good thoughts and prayers....
    ********************************************************************************************* image