★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    What did the people have to do onstage?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_MPCUyuqJ8
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • heidihiheidihi Posts: 114
    I am just sad that I have been to my two shows.... wish I was going tonight.... two awesome shows... mindblowing!!!
    “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” Mark Twain
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I just watched the whole of that Chicken Dance video, and then another one with Disney clips to the tune of the Chicken Dance. I think I need to get out more! I only came here to read about Eddie Vedder!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Great show, awesome 10c seats and pretty good crowd. A standing ovation was given as he walked out To start which seemed to humble him. Kelly slater was 2nd row with Trevor hendy and some other surfing mates.I was expecting Kelly up there at some point but glad he didn't..!
    Lots of funny stories, my fave was probably the story about visiting last time and having a photo with a very large, relaxed, well endowed kangaroo and then comparing sizes... Before wondering if he really just said that...!
    Songs with Eliza were great, before golden state he gave ups to John doe. Then described the song as a love song, albeit slightly dark one. Just before starting he quipped "love has got to be dark sometime so you know when it's light" or something to that effect.
    Hard sun was great to finish and nice to see he grabbed people up from the front row, including one of the lucky people who had been movedfrom the back to the spare 4 seats front row and centre. After about 7 songs they appeared... Seriously who either a) doesn't show up for first row centre tickets or b) what kind venue / promoter doesn't sell them...?!
    Anyway, rambling now. Looking forward to Newcastle and my 2 Sydney shows even more now - if that was possible. Thank you brisvegas.
  • solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    Off he goes was awesome
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    im the best on chiocken dance!!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • joewalshdcjoewalshdc Posts: 948
    this show blew thursday out of the water....one of the best nights of my life....still speechless.....
  • Porch is one of my favourite PJ songs but I have never heard them play it live in concert. Eddie playing that solo last night was totally unexpected and he played it brilliantly :) It was definitely a highlight for me.... as was.... well the rest of the performance. Definitely a lot of No Code songs which was awesome. Thankyou Eddie :)
  • Kat wrote:
    March 12, 2011 Brisbane, QLD, Australia, Queensland Performing Arts Centre - Concert Hall

01. Don't Be Shy-(Cat Stevens)
    02. Around The Bend
    03. Brain Damage-(Pink Floyd)
    04. Sometimes
    05. Just Breathe
    06. I'm Open
    07. Man Of The Hour
    08. Dead Man
    09. Driftin'
    10. Millworker-(James Taylor)
    11. Without You (New Song)
    12. Can't Keep
    13. No Ceiling
    14. Far Behind
    15. Guaranteed
    16. Rise
    17. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
    18. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

Encore Break 1
    19. You Can Close Your Eyes w/ EJ Barnes-(James Taylor)
    20. The Golden State w/ EJ Barnes-(John Doe)
    21. Off He Goes
    22. Betterman
    23. Unthought Known
    24. Porch

Encore Break 2
    25. Hard Sun w/ EJ Barnes & Cecilia Herbert-(Gordon Peterson)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

Thanks for posting the setlist Kat.... very much appreciated.... what a great night it was :)
  • MajorClodMajorClod Posts: 32
    Great show - front row again tonight, can't wait!
  • Ed was quite emotional when speaking about the Japanese quake and tsunami. A few songs later he paused before singing the first line of man of the hour. Very emotional and utterly devestating.
  • SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    solace23 wrote:
    Off he goes was awesome
    Correct
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • Princess KJPrincess KJ Posts: 442
    Totally different show to Thursday night. Great story about kangaroo balls! People shouting out for Love Boat Captain- might want to think of those lyrics in light of current world events, and then not request it.

Really special to hear Off He Goes.

Not so much foot stomping tonight, and there were times, especially in Porch, when you could see Ed wanted to let loose.

I was at one stage one of those yelling fools- but I got a response (I yelled out thanks to Kelly Slater) from Ed.

In relation to the uke album, Ed said he did a bunch of songs, gave them to Kelly S who convinced him to make an album- out in the northern summer. Uke a gift from McCready, and is called Duke.

Very privileged to have heard two new songs so far, as well as so much PJ material. Extremely happy that No Ceiling was reprised- sounded absolutely amazing.

Can't wait to see what's in store for tonight.
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• insert thisinsert this Posts: 290
    Awesome setlists so far. I don't think i'm surprised so much as i knew this would be something special. Can't wait for Melbourne!!

I think the most exciting part about seeing Ed is hearing songs that i wouldn't normally get to hear, or atleast played differently, which will be awesome.

On a side note. I'm here in Whistler (Canada) at the moment doing some boarding, and saw a pj20 sticker on one of the lifts!! . hahaha. I've got my PJ brimmed beanie on and it's working a treat!! :-)
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    man I want them to release these on cd...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • No CoderNo Coder Posts: 1,126
    Totally different show to Thursday night. Great story about kangaroo balls! People shouting out for Love Boat Captain- might want to think of those lyrics in light of current world events, and then not request it.

Really special to hear Off He Goes.

Not so much foot stomping tonight, and there were times, especially in Porch, when you could see Ed wanted to let loose.

I was at one stage one of those yelling fools- but I got a response (I yelled out thanks to Kelly Slater) from Ed.

In relation to the uke album, Ed said he did a bunch of songs, gave them to Kelly S who convinced him to make an album- out in the northern summer. Uke a gift from McCready, and is called Duke.

Very privileged to have heard two new songs so far, as well as so much PJ material. Extremely happy that No Ceiling was reprised- sounded absolutely amazing.

Can't wait to see what's in store for tonight.

I was really excited to hear 2 new songs over the first 2 nights. I hope you get another great setlist tonight KJ, just not too good :twisted: . Feel very lucky to have seen him twice in 3 days, but now its over for me and I am already in withdrawals. Can't wait to see tonight's set list and poster. Loved the first 2 nights posters. Could not have asked for more out of the songs covered over both nights.
    You are spot on with people requesting songs without thinking about them. We had a dick in the front row who though Ed was his own personal IPOD and requested a song at nearly every song break- STFU for crying out loud and enjoy the show.
    Hope everyone enjoys the upcoming shows, you will not be dissappointed. And check out Evil J and Saint Cecelia -well worth it and EJ's songs with Ed are Dynomite!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    The Jammer wrote:
    Wow what a show - Congratulations to all those lucky Fans getting on stage you guys deserved it - recognised a lot of familiar faces from over the years up there.

EV you were awesome. Its a shame that there were a few wankers around like the guy yelling out about taking a piss - Buddy your a JERK!!!!!!!

Thanks and see you in Newcastle and Sydney.....

That moron was in my row.....and everyone was just shaking thier head at him. :roll:

Seriously though, I didn't no what to expect going into the show and all I have to say is WOW. Awesome setlist, love EV's interaction and banter with the crowd. Last night was really something special. :D
  • No Arc yet? Seeing that live was by far the best experience from the solo shows I went to.

This
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • But he OPENED with Don't be Shy! I fucking love that! Lucky bastards.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Unnnnnnnnnbeeeeelievable!
    I had to try my hardest not to squeal with delight for the entire show. Ridiculous; some of the best moments of my life! So soooo happy!!! Didn't superheart the m seats; but great venue; the show was so off the hook it blew the seats away anyway!!! Ed had a good feeling about this one, I had a good feeling too!!! Mass talent, mass joy!!!
    Thank you!
    xxL
  • TenVsRhysTenVsRhys Posts: 47
    Wow. What a night. Ed, you are the daddy mate.

Couple of tools there but by-and-large, I thought the crowd showed a bunch of respect to the great man.

Dedicating Just Breathe to our friends in Japan was a wonderful moment. Other highlights for me were Porch, Dead Man and Off He Goes. Was impressed with the No Code slant to the show too.

Only downside for me was that Kelly Slater didn't get up on stage!

Bring on Sydney next week.
    TenVsRhys
    1995 - Sydney Mar 10th, Melbourne Mar 18th, Brisbane Mar 21st and 22nd
    1998 - Melbourne Mar 3rd, Brisbane Mar 14th and 15th
    2000 - London May 29th and 30th
    2009 - Sydney Nov 22nd
    2011 - EV Brisbane Mar 12th, Sydney Mar 18th and Mar 19th
    2014 - Gold Coast Jan 19th, EV Sydney Feb 11th, 12th and 13th
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale Apr 8th, Miami Apr 9th
    2017 - EV London Jun 6th and 7th
  • It was a brilliant show.

Eddie's voice is getting better and better. He's simply amazing.

Highlights were definitely Off He Goes, Dead Man, and Hide Your Love Away ...

Did anyone else like the different version of Betterman? I Loved it.
    This is, this is ... my ... last exit.
  • No CoderNo Coder Posts: 1,126
    It was a brilliant show.

I think the Lullaby Version of Betterman has reclaimed the song for Eddie. The meaning of the song was completely lost, IMO, when it became a hit (couples using it as a bridle waltz???). This version really makes lyrics sink in and the passion with which he sings it is astounding. I have always ebjoyed the original version, but he has taken it to another level now - Just brillaint
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    No Coder wrote:
    It was a brilliant show.

I think the Lullaby Version of Betterman has reclaimed the song for Eddie. The meaning of the song was completely lost, IMO, when it became a hit (couples using it as a bridle waltz???). This version really makes lyrics sink in and the passion with which he sings it is astounding. I have always ebjoyed the original version, but he has taken it to another level now - Just brillaint

Ive been wondering if thats the version that was on Vitalogy that Eddie wanted changing..
    and Brendan O'brien talks about it on the V's-Vitalogy release video?
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Thanks for all the write ups! Sounds amazing. I am getting more and more jealous as the week progresses! :D
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    tremors wrote:
    Thanks for all the write ups! Sounds amazing. I am getting more and more jealous as the week progresses! :D

Yeah its frustrating ... being close yet so far..
  • K MANK MAN Posts: 2
    What an awesome show !
    Went Thursday & Saturday and have to agree Saturday had much better vibe.
    Who invited those wankers that showed no respect to the great man ? Poor form...
    All the way from Sunny BRISVEGAS !!!
    K MAN wrote:
    What an awesome show !
    Went Thursday & Saturday and have to agree Saturday had much better vibe.
    Who invited those wankers that showed no respect to the great man ? Poor form...

Losers why dont they boot them out.....
  • CD143775CD143775 Posts: 32
    WOW is all I can say. Well worth the trip from Melbourne to Brissy! I went to a couple of Ed's solo shows when he played in Vancouver and so knew what to expect. However QPAC was a much smaller and much more intimate venue than the Centre in Van.

You can imagine my delight when opening the envelope and finding I had row B tickets... An hour of nervous excitement led to disappointment upon entering the theatre and finding rows AA-GG in front of rows A and B. But our seats were still fantastic - dead centre and looking straight into Eddie's eyes the whole night!

I took a friend with me who is a casual PJ fan. I was a bit nervous as she only knows the "hits" and thought she might not enjoy it - indeed at the end she said she only knew betterman! But she said it was the most beautiful thing she has ever seen and heard. She said that Eddies voice blew her away and his guitar playing (and uke and mandolin playing!) was amazing! So Eddie now has a new fan :)

Highlights for me were the "triple play" of lullaby Betterman, Unthought Known and Porch. Also the chat about the kangaroo - love it! There were too many "OMG I cant believe he is playing this" moments to list here. I just wish that someone out there was recording so that I could keep the memories of this wonderful night. However Im so glad most people abided by the "no camera" rule - the few flashes that went off were annoying and I cant imagine how bad it would have been if the thousand or so people in there were all setting off flashes!

Back home in Melbourne now and waiting for our shows... I have ticketmaster tix for the Thursday night (Row J) and cant wait to see if the lottery throws me a REAL row B for Friday :)