Holy Crap! I Hope I Don't End Up On YouTube

unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Alternative title: "Why Mr. Unlost Suggests I Start Wearing A Helmet To The Gym."

So yesterday morning, 7:45, very busy gym. I'm running on a treadmill that's in the middle of three rows of treadmills, pretty much all occupied. The place is humming with activity. I'm working up my pace, on 5.5 mph and gradually increasing. It's a beautiful morning and I'm feeling pretty good about things in general.

I'm listening to my audiobook ("Cutting for Stone" by Abraham Verghese) and enjoying the book very much. I want to re-listen to something I'd just heard, so I hit the 30 second replay. While reaching for the iPhone, I knocked it off the treadmill shelf and it fell to the tread, then flew off the back of the machine.

I instinctively reached down to grab the phone, and next thing you know my foot turns to the side, I'm flailing my arms like a giant uncoordinated windmill, and down I go like a sack of potatoes, landing with a thud on my right shoulder and arm. As I fall, I yell "Holy Crap!" and then I go shooting off the back of the treadmill, landing in the fetal position on the floor behind it. I'm stunned. I keep repeating, "Holy Crap!" and I get up and now I start cracking up laughing, I mean I cannot stop. I can't figure out which is funnier, the fact that I just fell off the treadmill, or that all I could do was keep repeating "Holy Crap!"

The treadmills on each side of me were occupied _ the people on them didn't even look around to see if I was still alive. I got up, hit stop, then got back on the treadmill and started over. I'm thinking, "Maybe nobody saw that." Then I'm thinking, "Who am I kidding _ everybody saw that. And somewhere in Chicagoland, 81 just chuckled and he doesn't know why."

The guy on my left glanced over and said, "You okay?" And I looked at him and said "Holy Crap!"

I mean, it's bad enough that you suffer the indignity of falling. Then the damn treadmill shoots you off and you fall again, this time to the floor. It just adds insult to injury, I tell you.

Holy Crap.
15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

if you had an evo, none of this would have happened
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    81 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

if you had an evo, none of this would have happened

I KNEW YOU'D SAY THAT!!!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    i'm still :lol: ing

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:

The treadmill always wins.

I have the aching shoulder and scuffed-up right side to prove it!
    norm wrote:

at least you are nurse and you can fix yourself :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

ice something ;)
    From now on it's safety first at the gym.

Here's my new workout gear.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxzSITcgz3yBLqvz0LXvaeHSUmeJj3GPMG4pBVp7dt6djgQfjY3I28IxU
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    glad you're alright unlost, but this did give me a good belly laugh. holy crap ;)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I laughed.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    81 wrote:
    at least you are nurse and you can fix yourself :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The original post made me laugh. And this made me laugh too.

(And I'm in the middle of Cutting for Stone too - read it on the treadmill this afternoon. Didn't fall off though. But remember, I did crack my knee running to get ON the treadmill a couple months ago so you're much more coordinated than I am.)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    See..the gym is bad.... :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Holy crap!!!! hahaha :lol:
    Would be sooo much better with a video of it...just saying 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,092
    :lol::lol::lol: I guess its true, no pain, no gain!
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto

maybe one of your fellow bostonians can swing by her gym and stage an instant replay
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

maybe one of your fellow bostonians can swing by her gym and stage an instant replay

It would have been classic

My puck race was good because I had it ...this video of her is really needed ..it would be epic
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,610
    Alternative title: "Why Mr. Unlost Suggests I Start Wearing A Helmet To The Gym."

So yesterday morning, 7:45, very busy gym. I'm running on a treadmill that's in the middle of three rows of treadmills, pretty much all occupied. The place is humming with activity. I'm working up my pace, on 5.5 mph and gradually increasing. It's a beautiful morning and I'm feeling pretty good about things in general.

I'm listening to my audiobook ("Cutting for Stone" by Abraham Verghese) and enjoying the book very much. I want to re-listen to something I'd just heard, so I hit the 30 second replay. While reaching for the iPhone, I knocked it off the treadmill shelf and it fell to the tread, then flew off the back of the machine.

I instinctively reached down to grab the phone, and next thing you know my foot turns to the side, I'm flailing my arms like a giant uncoordinated windmill, and down I go like a sack of potatoes, landing with a thud on my right shoulder and arm. As I fall, I yell "Holy Crap!" and then I go shooting off the back of the treadmill, landing in the fetal position on the floor behind it. I'm stunned. I keep repeating, "Holy Crap!" and I get up and now I start cracking up laughing, I mean I cannot stop. I can't figure out which is funnier, the fact that I just fell off the treadmill, or that all I could do was keep repeating "Holy Crap!"

The treadmills on each side of me were occupied _ the people on them didn't even look around to see if I was still alive. I got up, hit stop, then got back on the treadmill and started over. I'm thinking, "Maybe nobody saw that." Then I'm thinking, "Who am I kidding _ everybody saw that. And somewhere in Chicagoland, 81 just chuckled and he doesn't know why."

The guy on my left glanced over and said, "You okay?" And I looked at him and said "Holy Crap!"

I mean, it's bad enough that you suffer the indignity of falling. Then the damn treadmill shoots you off and you fall again, this time to the floor. It just adds insult to injury, I tell you.

Holy Crap.

this is hilarious! :clap::clap: ......this is also my worst fear of treadmills. whenever my eyes veer to my right or left i always feel my body start to move in that direction so i always think i'm gonna lose my balance and fall off. i've actually thought about how i'd try to play it off if i did fall......"holy crap! holy crap!" that is fucking great. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    LOL!

Unlost, you didn't have to share that, but you did.
    Good for you! :D

Are you okay? :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    glad you're alright unlost, but this did give me a good belly laugh. holy crap ;)

+1 :lol::lol::lol: Thank you so much for sharing this. Holy Crap indeed :mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Ah, now that is a funny story. :lol:

Thanks for sharing that, Unlost. Haven't laughed that hard in a while. Too bad nobody filmed it and pt it on YouTube. I have a feeling you would be a prime candidate for a Tosh.0 Web Redemption.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I probably would have said "whoopsie daises"
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    this thread is useless without a video.. :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,260
    Damm you work out with people like me i walked right by a fellow person who works with me, she fell and i just kept on going to this day she reminds me of the time i walked right by her as she lay on the floor .... :oops:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    The image is so clear in my head now, I can't get it out :lol:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    :lol:

Definately has given me all the justification I need for never attending a gym! :D
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    I"m always afraid this is going to happen to me. Sometimes I get to far to the right or left and feel like I'm going to lose my balance and go flying off.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    :lol::lol::lol: I can see myself doing that!! Me & exercise machines do not mix!! Holy Crap!! :lol::lol::lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    From now on it's safety first at the gym.

Here's my new workout gear.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxzSITcgz3yBLqvz0LXvaeHSUmeJj3GPMG4pBVp7dt6djgQfjY3I28IxU

is that a bear suit or bomb suit?? and where can I get one?? ;)
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!