Drazen Petrovic vs Michael Jordan

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Drazen was the fucking man, i was devo when he died, dude was only 28. that was the era when i was big into basketball, stopped following it round 99-2000.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I'm of Croat background and I can say it was such a huge and painful loss to our country.
    He paved the way for non American players to come into the NBA.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    just watching that again now, that's a fucking nice pass from pippen to jordan at about 1.40 in.

then the next play the jordan pass to Grant is awesome.

and love the commentators when he knows the pass to jordan down but jordan gets it back and gets past him for the dunk, "great play by Drazen, he was dead..." then jordan dunks it "...Still is"

but now that i post that remembering that he did actually die, it may not be as funny.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,610
    hard to believe 1992 was 19 years ago now....

the nba was sooooooooo much better back then. petrovich was on the verge of super-stardom. such a shame.
    www.myspace.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Drazen was the best player ever europe had...too bad he died so young.and to bad as for my team,Panathinaikos cos he had make the deal to come and play for us the next season,but.. :(
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PapPap Posts: 28,803
    Drazen was the best player ever europe had...too bad he died so young.and to bad as for my team,Panathinaikos cos he had make the deal to come and play for us the next season,but.. :(

From what I have heard, he must have been a very good player but don't forget a living legend of the former Yugoslavian basketball: Zoran Savic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIO6X904xSY Nai re Paok!!!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    Pap wrote:

From what I have heard, he must have been a very good player but don't forget a living legend of the former Yugoslavian basketball: Zoran Savic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIO6X904xSY Nai re Paok!!!
    no,he wasnt a very good player,he was the best player in europe ever..he was the maradonna of basketball
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Pap wrote:

no,he wasnt a very good player,he was the best player in europe ever..he was the maradonna of basketball

Don't pay too much attention to what the media and the Panathinaiko's marketing department say. It was rumored that Petrović verbally agreed on terms with Panathinaikos BC; these rumors gave rise to the story of PAO's owner, Pavlos Giannakopoulos, allegedly offering the Nets' star a signed contract with blank salary terms, which became a part of Petrović's legend. Ara ton tipo mallon ton eixan xegrapsei apo to NBA kai vgike to lamogio sas na kanei diafimisi. Poios xerei ti paixtike?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I loved Drazen, when i was 16 a freind and i got tickets to a Nets game, we were young an excited so we showed up 3 hours early and they let us in. There we are sitting in a arena by ourselves when Drazen comes out and starts pop 3's, but he's gotta go get the ball every time, he turned to my friend Steve and said, hey get the rebounds and kick'em back to me. For the next hour he shot 3's and didn't say a word, when he was done, he said "Thank You" and walked off, we were both to stunned say anything or to think about asking for an autograph, but it was the highlight of our lives at the time. So sad he died, he would have been a legend.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Jordan's block at about the 4:25 mark is INCREDIBLE!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    Pap wrote:
    Don't pay too much attention to what the media and the Panathinaiko's marketing department say. It was rumored that Petrović verbally agreed on terms with Panathinaikos BC; these rumors gave rise to the story of PAO's owner, Pavlos Giannakopoulos, allegedly offering the Nets' star a signed contract with blank salary terms, which became a part of Petrović's legend. Ara ton tipo mallon ton eixan xegrapsei apo to NBA kai vgike to lamogio sas na kanei diafimisi. Poios xerei ti paixtike?
    gia ton panathinaiko sto basket ase na ksero perisotero...einai oikogeniako to thema me ton petrovic,o logos pou simfonise me ton paulo..ksana leo....o megaliteros kai kaliteros baskempolistas tis europis...ama pote gnoriseis to gali apo konta,rota ton gia ton Drazen..
    edited March 2011
    I loved Drazen, when i was 16 a freind and i got tickets to a Nets game, we were young an excited so we showed up 3 hours early and they let us in. There we are sitting in a arena by ourselves when Drazen comes out and starts pop 3's, but he's gotta go get the ball every time, he turned to my friend Steve and said, hey get the rebounds and kick'em back to me. For the next hour he shot 3's and didn't say a word, when he was done, he said "Thank You" and walked off, we were both to stunned say anything or to think about asking for an autograph, but it was the highlight of our lives at the time. So sad he died, he would have been a legend.
    :clap::clap::clap:
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hey Buddy :D
    o megaliteros kai kaliteros baskempolistas tis europis...
    Entaxei apopseis einai auta. Apopseis... Ego pantos pisteuo pos exoun perasei kai tha perasoun poli kaliteroi paixtes apo auton. An itan toso kalos tha ton afinan na figei apo to nba?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    molim vas, nemojte u Grckom jeziku tipkat na ovaj thread, hvala.

;)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Jordan for me, still one of the worlds greatest ever sportsman