Options

TV shows that should be cancelled.

2»

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    anyone ever noticed how 9 out of 10 "reality" shows have absolutely nothing to do with reality?

I really don't watch enough network tv to be very familiar with more than a handful of shows.
    As far as I'm concerned, the ESPN family, VH1, VH1 Classic, Fuse, TV Land, Comedy Central, TBS and Boomerang are all a fella needs to get by

Comcast sports net/fox sports depending on where you live

ESPN is about useless unless they have an actual game on.

TNT as well as ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX are needed for games as well.

beyond those, give me a few decent movie channells and the history channel

oh, and Family guy rocks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    american pickers. cancel. now. thanks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    81 wrote:

you nailed that! My wife likes it and i think its unwatchable.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Gibson72 wrote:
    There was a recent post about old tv shows that were cancelled. So someone mentioned about tv shows that should be cancelled.
    IMO:

All reality shows (The Bachelor, Amazing Race, etc.)
    CSI NY & Miami. I don't need all 3. Keep the original LV one.
    How I met your mother.-although I do like it, let's reveal the mother & do some flash forwards/flash backs.
    Two & a half men. -really, we have Charlie Sheen acting like this in real life without the studio audience.
    For HIMYM they should be introducing the mother this or next season. Unless they pull a Simpsons and the next five seasons are set in 2011.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    please cancel any of those stupid shows that are on TLC:

a guy and his harem of women
    tykes in tinsel and glitter
    My huge litter of kids and more to come
    How much can I spend on a 3 year old's party and how do I top it next year
    Kitchhen/Cake/Toilet/House Boss

I thought TLC was supposed to be The Learning Channel, not Trashy Loser Channel
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    whygohome wrote:
    MTV,, just cancel the network
    this!

What does the "M" stand for? I remember a channel that I used to watch when I was younger; it was called Music Television, and it also used the acronym "MTV." I loved it. That's how I was introduced to REM, Def Leppard, Guns & Roses, Nirvana, and......Pearl Jam. I still remember watching the "Alive" video for the first time.

Oh well, I miss that channel.

We only got MTV here when had already turned to shit. I too don't understand why its still called MTV???
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    anyone ever noticed how 9 out of 10 "reality" shows have absolutely nothing to do with reality?

I really don't watch enough network tv to be very familiar with more than a handful of shows.
    As far as I'm concerned, the ESPN family, VH1, VH1 Classic, Fuse, TV Land, Comedy Central, TBS and Boomerang are all a fella needs to get by

I like me some AMC in there too...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    81 wrote:
    beyond those, give me a few decent movie channells and the history channel
    remember when the history channel actually had programming about history?

now its all shitty ghost shows where fratty lookin dudes play with night vision... and historically debatable alien stuff :geek:

all network sitcoms and big budget sci fi shows (the event, v, etc.) should be cancelled... and outsourced... and that show that was clearly pitched as a mix between lost and greys anatomy
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    81 wrote:

Those fellas are annoying....I am hoping some redneck takes exception to the whimsical smart-ass remarks from the tall guy and teaches him a lesson.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    oh, and tosh.o

and stop showing reruns of scrubs for pete's sake :o
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    american dad

just pure utter shit

THIS

add the cspan family, mtv, mtv2 and cartoon network and the 101 network to that list and thats basically all the channels i watch
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Cancel TMZ...the on-air people are so proud of themselves, as if they are curing cancer, or something useful!

They are more annoying then the celebs they cover.

They should also cancel any reality shows that are re-enactments of actual events. Operation REPO is one of the culprits.
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Any of the "Real Housewives" shows
    Jersey Shore
    Real World
    American Pickers
    Hoarders
    I have a billion children now and another on the way
    Pregnant and Don't Know It (REALLY!?)
    Anyone notice how TV has become the new circus "Freak Show"?

Anything with Flavor Flav, Bret Michaels, or a spin off of those
    Any of the shows on ESPN that cover College Football especially those that pertain to watching high schoolers pick their college.
    No Simpsons after season 9 or 10, although I might be persuaded to go higher
    No new Family Guy. Only air the original three seasons
    American Dad
    Bob's Burgers
    No King of the Hill repeats. I wish that series would just go away.
    Cancel the whole E! Network
    Cancel the all of the MTV Networks or rebrand them to not imply they play music
    Cancel all but 1 CSI and NCIS
    Lopez Tonight
    Jay Leno
    Carson Daly
    Jimmy Kimmel
    Glenn Beck
    Sportscenter past 12 PM on weekdays
    The 6 hours before the Super Bowl
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Kraven wrote:
    Any of the "Real Housewives" shows
    Jersey Shore
    Real World
    American Pickers
    Hoarders
    I have a billion children now and another on the way
    Pregnant and Don't Know It (REALLY!?)
    Anyone notice how TV has become the new circus "Freak Show"?

Anything with Flavor Flav, Bret Michaels, or a spin off of those
    Any of the shows on ESPN that cover College Football especially those that pertain to watching high schoolers pick their college.
    No Simpsons after season 9 or 10, although I might be persuaded to go higher
    No new Family Guy. Only air the original three seasons
    American Dad
    Bob's Burgers
    No King of the Hill repeats. I wish that series would just go away.
    Cancel the whole E! Network
    Cancel the all of the MTV Networks or rebrand them to not imply they play music
    Cancel all but 1 CSI and NCIS
    Lopez Tonight
    Jay Leno
    Carson Daly
    Jimmy Kimmel
    Glenn Beck
    Sportscenter past 12 PM on weekdays
    The 6 hours before the Super Bowl

:D Hello
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

What dude needs VH1 or Fuse? Vh1 is the same as MTV. Fuse is the shitty artist takeover channel, anymore.

Family Guy and Simpsons have both run their course. The best parts of Family Guy are alot funnier than the Simpsons, even in their heyday.

The Office is good, but yeah the stupid over the top shit that Carrell does really turns me off the show.

Just started catchin up on old How I Met Your Mother episodes and it's pretty funny, but Ted is a fucking douche. That guy wouldn't be friends with Marshall or Barney in a million years. I hope it ends with the 2 kids standing up off the couch and telling him what a dumb fuck he is.

Just get rid of "reality" shows. If you're gonna have them at least disclose that they're not real.

Also, any show about celebs being celebs can go fuck off too.
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    A few years ago I "downgraded" to 5 channel cable: CBS, FOX, ABC, NBC, and PBS (PBS is the only reason I am fine with paying $5 a month. The other channels I couldn't care less about). It was the best decision I could have made, for economic reasons-I save $700 a year-and for basic peace of mind. I suggest everyone try this for 6 months or so; I guarantee that you would spend more time outside, more time talking with your roommate, boy/girlfriend, spouse, and more time reading: fiction, the news, anything. And, most importantly, you would soon realize the utter banality and uselessness of television in the 21st century. How much time do we spend on the damn couch? Why is our (the U.S.) obesity rate 33%?

As an English instructor (one year away from my PhD and years of bartending/serving while I sink in the horrendous job market!!), this seems like a logical choice for me. I enjoy reading; I enjoy being informed of what is going on in the world and in our nation. I have friends who have no TV. Nothing. I also have friends who spend their time watching celebrities dance, rose ceremonies, idiots on a beach in Jersey, and the endless number of cop and medical dramas. I can think of no better way to describe this other than calling it a huge waste of time. This is just my opinion. I have long, intelligent, stimulating conversations with my friends who have abandoned TV. If I try to talk politics with my friends who don't do an ounce of reading or research into importance social or political issues, I find myself laughing. The laughter though, is simply a mask to hide my sadness. My sadness stems from the fact that some of my friends know nothing, and instead are content being imprisoned by their narrow belief systems. Sad.

Anyway, this is just my meaningless opinion. I do think though, that we would all be better off if we turned off the - as my friend likes to refer to it - boob-tube.
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    whygohome wrote:
    A few years ago I "downgraded" to 5 channel cable: CBS, FOX, ABC, NBC, and PBS (PBS is the only reason I am fine with paying $5 a month. The other channels I couldn't care less about). It was the best decision I could have made, for economic reasons-I save $700 a year-and for basic peace of mind. I suggest everyone try this for 6 months or so; I guarantee that you would spend more time outside, more time talking with your roommate, boy/girlfriend, spouse, and more time reading: fiction, the news, anything. And, most importantly, you would soon realize the utter banality and uselessness of television in the 21st century. How much time do we spend on the damn couch? Why is our (the U.S.) obesity rate 33%?

As an English instructor (one year away from my PhD and years of bartending/serving while I sink in the horrendous job market!!), this seems like a logical choice for me. I enjoy reading; I enjoy being informed of what is going on in the world and in our nation. I have friends who have no TV. Nothing. I also have friends who spend their time watching celebrities dance, rose ceremonies, idiots on a beach in Jersey, and the endless number of cop and medical dramas. I can think of no better way to describe this other than calling it a huge waste of time. This is just my opinion. I have long, intelligent, stimulating conversations with my friends who have abandoned TV. If I try to talk politics with my friends who don't do an ounce of reading or research into importance social or political issues, I find myself laughing. The laughter though, is simply a mask to hide my sadness. My sadness stems from the fact that some of my friends know nothing, and instead are content being imprisoned by their narrow belief systems. Sad.

Anyway, this is just my meaningless opinion. I do think though, that we would all be better off if we turned off the - as my friend likes to refer to it - boob-tube.

Well said!
    all you need is love, love is all you need