Options

TV shows that should be cancelled.

Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
There was a recent post about old tv shows that were cancelled. So someone mentioned about tv shows that should be cancelled.
IMO:

All reality shows (The Bachelor, Amazing Race, etc.)
CSI NY & Miami. I don't need all 3. Keep the original LV one.
How I met your mother.-although I do like it, let's reveal the mother & do some flash forwards/flash backs.
Two & a half men. -really, we have Charlie Sheen acting like this in real life without the studio audience.
Gibson1972
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    All "reality" shows
    All "talent" shows
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Get used to "reality" TV. That's what people want to watch. It's not shows like the Bachelor and Amazing race that bother me, it's "16 and pregnant with our savior's child" and "The real housewives of Fargo, ND" that make me cringe. Apparently the key to getting a TV show popular is just call it "pregnant and most fucked up adjective possible" and people will stand in line to see it. I don't get it, personally.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Options
    joewalshdcjoewalshdc Posts: 948
    I actually hate reality tv too....but I have no idea how 2 and half men ever made it on tv....its absolutely pathetic.....I know each country has their own humour but I do like US comedy....however, 2 and half men is shite!! IMHO.
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    i say all those reality tv shows, or shows where celebraties are the stars, personally i don't care for seeing has-been celebraties finding a way back onto tv.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    not4u32not4u32 Posts: 46
    Greys Anatomy
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    Jersey Shore! I HATE that show!!! My husband watches just to piss me off, I can't be in the same room with it on. :x
    I agree with the CSI NY & Miami, also NCIS LA, grow an imagination producers, just because a show works doesn't mean you should clone it.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    not4u32 wrote:
    Greys Anatomy

:o No!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    tinkerbell wrote:
    not4u32 wrote:
    Greys Anatomy

:o No!
    my wife loves that, don't care too much for it myself, but when i'm in the room i'll watch.... doesn't seem worthy of a should be cancelled though... there is lots worse out there.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I like Amazing Race. The Real Housewives make me crazy though.

Can someone explain the success of NCIS and shows like that? So boring.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    The Office, sorry to everyone who likes this show, I just really hate it!!! Its not funny :?
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    I too don't get how or why 2 and a half men is so sucsessful. It's fucking terrible, and it's all channel 9 here in Australia have. Evertime I flick over to 9 it's either that show or big bang theory. I don't know how channel 9 is still on the air. I can honestly say there would be less the half an hour a week I watch on 9.

But any way, I guess here I would like to see all tabloid journalist shows like today tonight an a current affair axed. I hate how there are people out there who actually take these show as creditable and reliable news sources.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    All of them
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    America Idol
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    MTV,, just cancel the network
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,844
    thefixer9 wrote:
    The Office, sorry to everyone who likes this show, I just really hate it!!! Its not funny :?

The english version was funny. The subtle humor and awkward scenarios were things you can see happening in real life. The American version went too over the top for me.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    Jay Leno should be kicked off tv
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Glee
    Big Bang Theory
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    All except for The Simpsons.

P.S. I hate people who put Family Guy in the same category as The Simpsons. Family Guy is Nickelback and The Simpsons is Pearl Jam
  • Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    this!
  • Options
    this!

What does the "M" stand for? I remember a channel that I used to watch when I was younger; it was called Music Television, and it also used the acronym "MTV." I loved it. That's how I was introduced to REM, Def Leppard, Guns & Roses, Nirvana, and......Pearl Jam. I still remember watching the "Alive" video for the first time.

Oh well, I miss that channel.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    The Mentalist

My husband likes to watch this. It's so annoying I can't even stand to be in the room when it's on.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

That channel is absolute garbage.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    whygohome wrote:

P.S. I hate people who put Family Guy in the same category as The Simpsons. Family Guy is Nickelback and The Simpsons is Pearl Jam
    I will agree with you. However, I think older Simpsons episodes completely outshine the newer seasons.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    any of the Kardashian shows
    Jersey Shore
    Glee
    American Idol - Hated this show and what it stands for since day one.
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    whygohome wrote:

I will agree with you. However, I think older Simpsons episodes completely outshine the newer seasons.

Agreed. But, I still enjoy the newer episodes.
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    anything with Rachel Ray- something about her just grates on the nerves

the hills

and most of the reality tv shows.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    whygohome wrote:

:clap::clap::clap:

I hate Family Guy. It should have stayed cancelled the first time.
    And I wish American Idol would end already. I've never understood why people watch it.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    anyone ever noticed how 9 out of 10 "reality" shows have absolutely nothing to do with reality?

I really don't watch enough network tv to be very familiar with more than a handful of shows.
    As far as I'm concerned, the ESPN family, VH1, VH1 Classic, Fuse, TV Land, Comedy Central, TBS and Boomerang are all a fella needs to get by
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    Wow, I thought that i was the only person that didnt find Family Guy funny!!!! I hate that damn show.

I love the Office but the last 2 seasons have been spotty at best. With Steve Carell leaving in a few episodes, it really should be done after this season. Going further will only further tarnish the show. (remember when Jim was funny and you actually liked Pam?)

And no more damn cop shows!!!!!!!! I hate cop shows. They are all the same. A cop that plays by his own rules, a rookie learning the ropes, blah blah blah.......
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.