Options

I shook Ed's hand tonight!!!!

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited July 2008 in The Porch
i was front row tonight,first time in my life and it was awesome!! Ed was walking in front of me and i looked him in the eye and reached over and he looked at me and shook my hand!!! then he gave this chick next to me his harmonica and I looked at him like "dude?" so he goes and gets a pick and brings it back and places it in my palm!!

THEN to top it all off i caught 1 of his tambourines at the end of the show!!!!

what a way to end the tour!! now i don't give 2 shits about a MSG poster anymore!!

thanks Ed you're a fucking awesome musician and an even better human being,have a safe trip home to the left coast!! we'll see you again soon (I hope)

Just found out about the solo shows! i hope i can score tix!! be seeing ya way sooner than i thought!! :)
PEACE!!!!!!!

here is a picture of MY STUFF
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    awesome, good for you!
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I wonder who you'll play in the story of his life.

Haha, I'm sorry, couldn't resist. That jokes a classic! Anyway, sounds great. It's an act so simple yet you'll never ever forget it. Terrific!
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    over_bends wrote:

Haha, I'm sorry, couldn't resist. That jokes a classic! Anyway, sounds great. It's an act so simple yet you'll never ever forget it. Terrific!
    no no...
    your point is well taken.
    my first thought was...'who'd a thought such an orgasm wouldn't kill a person.'

all that said....i'm quite beyond jealous and happy for you.
    for real, very cool.
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:

there is nothing anyone can say that would bring me down from this high right now!!

fucking great night!!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    i was front row tonight,first time in my life and it was awesome!! Ed was walking in front of me and i looked him in the eye and reached over and he looked at me and shook my hand!!! then he gave this chick next to me his harmonica and I looked at him like "dude?" so he goes and gets a pick and brings it back and places it in my palm!!

what a way to end the tour!! now i don't give 2 shits about a MSG poster anymore!!

thanks Ed you're a fucking awesome musician and an even better human being,have a safe trip home to the left coast!! we'll see you again soon (I hope)

PEACE!!!!!!!

Ed is the best frontman. No other singer cares as much about their fans as he does. Thats a great story. At hartford he gave his bottle of wine to a fan and wave his arm when he was walking away implying "oh you can just keep it i dont care"
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    very cool. congrats. :) ride this wave for as long as you can!!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Ed is the best frontman. No other singer cares as much about their fans as he does.

no doubt about that at all,the band as a whole are just really down to earth and cool people.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    very cool Crazy! :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    i just woke up and it wasn't a dream!

awesome day yesterday...well all but one thing

my 15 yr old daughter stayed up till 1am the night before the show making an awesome "crown of thorns" sign with a big "thank you" on the other side and the Mansfield dick heads wouldn't let her bring it in!! after all her hard work i felt so bad!! they said it was the bands policy but i doubt that.here's to hoping they play the Garden next time they come!!
  • Options
    evzarevzar Posts: 45
    thats really cool. I was standing right behind you. I'll upload my videos, maybe I filmed him handing you the pick...
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Crazy Breed!!!! How great for you!!!

**Jealous**
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    that is awesome!
  • Options
    evzar wrote:
    thats really cool. I was standing right behind you. I'll upload my videos, maybe I filmed him handing you the pick...

no shit? that would be so fucking cool!!!!!!!!

it's still so surreal,i didn't get to bed till 3am the adrenaline was rushing through me.

i wonder do they make like a box type frame that I'd be able to put my poster,pick,ticket & tambourine all in together??
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    THOSE guys are the best, arent they?!?!

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    First - I'm happy with You
    Second but primary - well, I'm f***ing jealous, the bigger that I know it's almost unpossible it will ever happen to me :(((

Well, anyway, I will try to share Your joy
    It's good to know, PJ are real people
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    boogiemanboogieman Posts: 49
    named Debbie - flew up from Miami to see a bunch of shows and she's a huge fan as well. Got a text about the harmoninca last night too. Congrats - glad you have a memory to last forever.

When its all said and done - PJ takes care of their fans. Who esle cares anymore?!

Hail, hail to the lucky ones.....
    Perfect lefts come rolling in...loyal believer since '92
  • Options
    boogieman wrote:
    named Debbie - flew up from Miami to see a bunch of shows and she's a huge fan as well. Got a text about the harmoninca last night too. Congrats - glad you have a memory to last forever.

When its all said and done - PJ takes care of their fans. Who esle cares anymore?!

Hail, hail to the lucky ones.....

i saw the stars in Debbie's eyes when Ed gave it to her,she was truly in haven!! i was happy for her,bummed for myself as i was hoping to score it too but i think Ed saw the disappointment in my face and that's why i think he went and grabbed me a pick.you gotta love these guys man,true class and so good to their fans!! i will never take it for granted either.

thanks from the bottom of my heart Ed!!
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458

PEACE!!!!!!!

HOLEY FUCKIN' SMOLEY!!...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    no shit? that would be so fucking cool!!!!!!!!

it's still so surreal,i didn't get to bed till 3am the adrenaline was rushing through me.

i wonder do they make like a box type frame that I'd be able to put my poster,pick,ticket & tambourine all in together??

I was right near you too and my friend has some vid and pics from the show, I will take a look and see if he caught those moments.

Its funny, every show Ed picks out a few people who he keys on upfront, and you were definitely one of those guys last night.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    Originally Posted by Crazy Breed

hehehe glad i'm not the only one.
    I was up until 4am after my front row experience.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Taft wrote:
    I was right near you too and my friend has some vid and pics from the show, I will take a look and see if he caught those moments.

Its funny, every show Ed picks out a few people who he keys on upfront, and you were definitely one of those guys last night.

any pics or video would be awesome to have to remember the moment!

i think it had something to do with my shirt too,i always wear political or freedom related shirts to the show (Ed's outspokenness is how i got into this band from day one and it's a kindred bond i share with him) i noticed him checking it out a few times.it said "Liberty or Death any thing in-between is un-American" then in between liberty and death in little letters it says "unregulated wire tapping,water boarding,out sourcing torture,secret prisons,arresting media" and more things along those lines.
  • Options
    any pics or video would be awesome to have to remember the moment!

i think it had something to do with my shirt too,i always wear political or freedom related shirts to the show (Ed's outspokenness is how i got into this band from day one and it's a kindred bond i share with him) i noticed him checking it out a few times.it said "Liberty or Death any thing in-between is un-American" then in between liberty and death in little letters it says "unregulated wire tapping,water boarding,out sourcing torture,secret prisons,arresting media" and more things along those lines.

I have an old Abercrombie shirt that says "Hung Like a Republican" with a picture of an elephant.. I'm wondering what Ed's reaction would have been if I wore that last night :)
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    exciting! i love stories like this! :D the band is sooo good with crowd interaction! :)
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078

i swear to god i'm going to explode.. good for you crazy breed, i glad someone who really appreciated it got to shake his hand! i'm beyond jealous :(
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651

nice, were you at MSG?
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    you are wrote:
    nice, were you at MSG?

yes, I & II
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4rp0dygCs
    Bee Girl from the 2nd row

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7UxOgtvt5A
    heres ed + mike getting really close

I have more video, ill upload them by the weekend...
  • Options
    evzar wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4rp0dygCs
    Bee Girl from the 2nd row

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7UxOgtvt5A
    heres ed + mike getting really close

I have more video, ill upload them by the weekend...

nice footage man!

dam,you were right behind me!!

i wonder if anyone has the footage of me shaking his hand or him giving me the pick?
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    That's so cool, Crazy Breed. That pick is awesome.