This One Is For The Sport Guys...

2»

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    pjhawks wrote:
    Yep. Not tortured in the least bit. '08 was the release of the worst case of blue balls ever known to mankind.

yeah but if the flyers and/or phils don't win one this year it is going to start again.

Well, not for me at least. That championship is the equivalent of when these weirdos "find God" and the such. Everything from here on out is cream cheese. I got my one. It'd be nice to see a shit load more, but I won't complain if I never get one again. Essentially there was the way I was as a sports fan before '08, and after.

Expectations are different from the anxiety of never seeing your city win just one. I'm not setting myself up for a Stanlay Cup win or World Series win. I'm expecting for them to contend, but to win either - or any championship for that matter - always includes a good amount of luck.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    pjhawks wrote:
    Yep. Not tortured in the least bit. '08 was the release of the worst case of blue balls ever known to mankind.

yeah but if the flyers and/or phils don't win one this year it is going to start again.

Well, not for me at least. That championship is the equivalent of when these weirdos "find God" and the such. Everything from here on out is cream cheese. I got my one. It'd be nice to see a shit load more, but I won't complain if I never get one again. Essentially there was the way I was as a sports fan before '08, and after.

Expectations are different from the anxiety of never seeing your city win just one. I'm not setting myself up for a Stanlay Cup win or World Series win. I'm expecting for them to contend, but to win either - or any championship for that matter - always includes a good amount of luck.

agree the anxiety is not there like it was before 2008 but if we don't win any in the next year or two we are going to look back in about 10 years and say wtf happened. i want more. finally we are the favorites and the best team. so many times before 2008 we were rarely if ever the true favorite. we are now and we need to take full advantage.
  • pjhawks wrote:

I'm with ya... 86 Mets is all I will ever need... Now my kids :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • g under p wrote:
    Im a huge yankee fan,

But I try really hard to be a fan of the Heat, Dolphins, and Marlins..
    but GunderP, you might see how hard it is to support these teams!

BUT, I have to say, I went to one Cubs game when I visited Chicago, and I felt like a real Cubs fan before the game was half over. That was a f-ing blast man!

Oh man Jon you are a Yankee fan...too kool 8-) We have To get together someday....btw in town if you pass or see a green suv with Celtics, Sox, Bruins and Patriots stickers (my PJ sticker faded out) on the back that would be me.

Aside from sports Chicago A'S a city has always fascinated me. I flew in there once coming back from London and I loved what I saw from above. In many ways from up there it reminded me of Boston so I'm just naturally drawn to that place.

Peace

Yeah, Chicago was a really fun place to visit. We got hooked up for some Cubbies tix in the bleachers -- and there was a guy playing for the Cubs that day that I played high school ball with, so it was really cool to see him..

haha, i'll keep an eye out for ya.. I assumed i'd see you on your bike at some point, but now I have the SUV to look out for!

Sure man, lets get togehter for a game or something!.. I have a really good friend who is a Sox fan too, so whever the sox/yankkes kick off the season we usually go for some burgers/beers and give each other hell.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,610
    pjhawks wrote:

I'm with ya... 86 Mets is all I will ever need... Now my kids :?

ha!

dude if we get to 25 years again, i may have to hop off the walt whitman...
    www.myspace.com
  • I'm from Seattle, it's absolute torture.

One World Series before I die.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • 81 wrote:
    if you truly want nothing but sports, NY is the answer

two baseball
    two football
    two basketball
    and three hockey

now if they only had good college football.
    I spent the 1st 45 years of my life in NYC, but I don't think there is a better sports town than Boston :oops:

NYC baseball - 1 team sucks :oops:
    NYC football - both teams in Jersey :?
    NYC basketball - Only 1 team right now :geek:
    NYC hockey - 1 team in Jersey & 1 on Long Island :?
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    I'm from Seattle, it's absolute torture.

One World Series before I die.

:lol: I used to stay that over and over to the Red Sox. Now I'm good for another 10 years.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• appieappie Posts: 1,441
    My fave spot for(my kind) of sport would be: Whistler b.c. Canada
    The worlds best bikepark for Freeride and Downhill mountainbiking!
    Bumber its a long way from my home... :(
    Closer to home it would be Winterberg and Willingen in Germany...just 2,5 hour drive to get there and visit that a lot...
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Another reason I chose CHICAGO was that it's a sports crazy town sort of like BOSTON. Here In South Florida most of the stadiums or arenas are filled with people from other teams. Most of them from the northern states like me, the love for the S Florida teams are just not as strong.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)