This One Is For The Sport Guys...

g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
...and WOMEN.

If there was a sport city you could choose, which one would it be? I've lived in Boston, Brooklyn, NY, DC/MD, SC and now South Florida.......my first choice for top sport city would have to be....Sweet Home.....

CHICAGO even with the sorry sorry CUBS...I love em they've had their hard times just like the RED SOX.

What sport city would you choose?

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,610
    hmm... ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    hmm... ;)

Exactly.......which one would it be.....let's see here...... :think:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    boston...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    hmm... ;)

i'm gonna go with raleigh, north carolina.
    www.myspace.com
    hmm... ;)

i'm gonna go with raleigh, north carolina.

Wrong. Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Hands. Down.
  • Pittsburgh!! We have the Pirates ya know? :lol:
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Chicago sports can get taxing.

I'll never understand how the Bears ended up with teh smallest stadium in all of the NFL. Stupid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    if you truly want nothing but sports, NY is the answer

two baseball
    two football
    two basketball
    and three hockey

now if they only had good college football.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    boston...

say again? did someone hijack your PJ account? ;)
    I love to turn you on
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Boston
    Philly
    NY
    Chicago

Don't think any other cities are even in the running.
    boston...

say again? did someone hijack your PJ account? ;)

:lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    actually its pretty simple.....just follow pearl jam's normal dates :mrgreen:
  • PapPap Posts: 28,807
    Salt Lake City. I know nothing about American cities but I like Utah Jazz, you see. :)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Wilds wrote:
    Boston
    Philly
    NY
    Chicago

Probably Buffalo or Cleveland. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Wilds wrote:
    Boston
    Philly
    NY
    Chicago

depends on if you want a city with winning teams. Cleveland fans are pretty diehard, but they never seem to be able to win anything there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Wilds wrote:
    Boston
    Philly
    NY
    Chicago

That's a more fun list to put together - most tortured sports cities. Philly would have been on there still a few years ago, but thankfully....

Most tortured - Cleveland, Seattle, Buffalo - in that order.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    gotta be philly - have you seen our philly sports threads on here. classic stuff. if you run into the Fixer just mention Ryan Howard's contract and watch the fireworks go off. our teams usually stick it to us in the end but at least we are highly entertaining :)
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    81 wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    Boston
    Philly
    NY
    Chicago

depends on if you want a city with winning teams. Cleveland fans are pretty diehard, but they never seem to be able to win anything there.

I didn't choose Chicago based on winning teams but more for my love of hockey and the Blachawks. I was a goaltender and one of my favorite was Tony EspoSito, I liked his style along with the Bruins Gerry Cheevers.

I also have a bit of space in my heart for the Cubbies and a dream of mine is to visit Wrigley Field for a day game.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Wilds wrote:
    Boston
    Philly
    NY
    Chicago

That's a more fun list to put together - most tortured sports cities. Philly would have been on there still a few years ago, but thankfully....

Cleveland hands down

Browns move to Baltimore even tho fans filled up municiapal stadium every single sunday. Baltimore teams goes on to win SB shortly after moving. New Browns stink. Old Browns lose to the fumble and the drive.

Cavs have had some good teams, but ran into Jordan and LeQuiter.

Indians just couldn't get over the top, even with some great teams in the 90's and even as recent as 07 with teh gnat game.

But at least they have the Buckeyes to follow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    g under p wrote:
    I also have a bit of space in my heart for the Cubbies and a dream of mine is to visit Wrigley Field for a day game.

if you have a choice, i HIGHLY recommend going to the friday afternoon game during the air/water show weekend. make sure you get a seat on the 3rd base side. good stuff.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Pap wrote:
    Salt Lake City. I know nothing about American cities but I like Utah Jazz, you see. :)

Best post of the year! :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Most tortured - Cleveland, Seattle, Buffalo - in that order.

I agree, but Philly is still up there. The city has lost 9 of its last 10 championship games or series (Phils 1-3, Flyers 0-4, Eagles 0-1, 76ers 0-1), plus another 4 NFC Championship Games. Flyers have lost 6 straight Finals, and have a 35-year Cup drought. Eagles have a 50 year title drought.

My Temple Owls have lost 5 straight games to get into the Final Four.

But hey, at least there's a lot going on, and a lot of winning leading up to those bitter final losses.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    London.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,807
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Pap wrote:

Best post of the year! :thumbup:
    :lol: Thanks!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Im a huge yankee fan,

But I try really hard to be a fan of the Heat, Dolphins, and Marlins..
    but GunderP, you might see how hard it is to support these teams!

BUT, I have to say, I went to one Cubs game when I visited Chicago, and I felt like a real Cubs fan before the game was half over. That was a f-ing blast man!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

I agree, but Philly is still up there. The city has lost 9 of its last 10 championship games or series (Phils 1-3, Flyers 0-4, Eagles 0-1, 76ers 0-1), plus another 4 NFC Championship Games. Flyers have lost 6 straight Finals, and have a 35-year Cup drought. Eagles have a 50 year title drought.

But hey, at least there's a lot going on, and a lot of winning leading up to those bitter final losses.

i for one don't feel tortured anymore after '08. a bit frustrated at this point is a better word.
    www.myspace.com

i for one don't feel tortured anymore after '08. a bit frustrated at this point is a better word.

Yep. Not tortured in the least bit. '08 was the release of the worst case of blue balls ever known to mankind.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    Yep. Not tortured in the least bit. '08 was the release of the worst case of blue balls ever known to mankind.

yeah but if the flyers and/or phils don't win one this year it is going to start again.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Im a huge yankee fan,

But I try really hard to be a fan of the Heat, Dolphins, and Marlins..
    but GunderP, you might see how hard it is to support these teams!

BUT, I have to say, I went to one Cubs game when I visited Chicago, and I felt like a real Cubs fan before the game was half over. That was a f-ing blast man!

Oh man Jon you are a Yankee fan...too kool 8-) We have To get together someday....btw in town if you pass or see a green suv with Celtics, Sox, Bruins and Patriots stickers (my PJ sticker faded out) on the back that would be me.

Aside from sports Chicago A'S a city has always fascinated me. I flew in there once coming back from London and I loved what I saw from above. In many ways from up there it reminded me of Boston so I'm just naturally drawn to that place.

Peace