who gives a fuck about workers' rights?

2»

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Fuck wisconsin.
    Its... "On Wisconsin'..... :lol:

Love me some WI...hope they're ok up there
  • A little baffled why the public takes issue with helping support those who put their life on the line to serve them :think: Firefighters and cops...I've got no problem with their pensions. Even those who could be working in the private sector and making a hell of a lot more. I figure I'm gonna pay for the services one way or another.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    johnny america...walking badass, the real deal, and super-human-stellar-championship-proprietor of bulky genitals.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 81 wrote:
    here is the top school pension in IL. yeah, it's just great, that we are paying close to a quarter million a year for one person.
    Murray, Laura L

School District (last employer)
    Homewood-Flossmoor CHSD 233

Salary at Retirement
    $402,331.22

Retirement Date
    7/1/2008

Age at Retirement

Early Retirement Incentive?
    No

AnnualPension
    $238,881.60
    HOLY SHIT

i know what district i want to get into

Laura must've had a dozen PhD's and coached 3 sports a year... and slept with every member of the school board
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Eliminating collective bargaining is borderline Fascism.

Unamerican. Unfair.

I agree, pensions need reform, as they are not sustainable in their current state, and I'd be willing to negotiate a lower pension for myself, as I'm sure many FF's would. However, if you think it's fair to take our bargaining power away, well, my response is that you can go fuck yourself.

Thanks for the support, guys. Seriously, it's nice to know there are people who appreciate public servants and understand that your tax dollars are not going to waste.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    A little baffled why the public takes issue with helping support those who put their life on the line to serve them :think: Firefighters and cops...I've got no problem with their pensions. Even those who could be working in the private sector and making a hell of a lot more. I figure I'm gonna pay for the services one way or another.

I find it upsetting that the three groups under attack are firemen, policemen, and teachers. These people provide important services for their money.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    A little baffled why the public takes issue with helping support those who put their life on the line to serve them :think: Firefighters and cops...I've got no problem with their pensions. Even those who could be working in the private sector and making a hell of a lot more. I figure I'm gonna pay for the services one way or another.

I find it upsetting that the three groups under attack are firemen, policemen, and teachers. These people provide important services for their money.
    Yep me too. I don't understand it really. I mean I am thankful there are people willing to do those jobs.

Yep me too. I don't understand it really. I mean I am thankful there are people willing to do those jobs.

Me too.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    81 wrote:
    here is the top school pension in IL. yeah, it's just great, that we are paying close to a quarter million a year for one person.
    Murray, Laura L

Salary at Retirement
    $402,331.22

Retirement Date
    7/1/2008

Age at Retirement

No

AnnualPension
    $238,881.60
    HOLY SHIT

Laura must've had a dozen PhD's and coached 3 sports a year... and slept with every member of the school board
    that is a big WOW..
    one year of hers is more than the total sum of many who have saved for retirement
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Murray, Laura L

Salary at Retirement
    $402,331.22

Retirement Date
    7/1/2008

Age at Retirement

No

AnnualPension
    $238,881.60
    HOLY SHIT

i don't believe she was a teacher, but an admin.

there are however quite a few teachers that are still teaching with a salary of $136,000. this person could potentially collect 80K in pension plus social security which could easily put htem well over 100K.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Administrators earn much higher salaries than teachers.

Administrators try to save money by keeping the salaries of the teachers and other staff as low as they can.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • 81 wrote:
    i don't believe she was a teacher, but an admin.

there are however quite a few teachers that are still teaching with a salary of $136,000. this person could potentially collect 80K in pension plus social security which could easily put them well over 100K.
    those $100K+ people have likely worked for 30+ years at one of the most thankless jobs, have 1 or more advanced degrees in their field, jumped through the many hoops of recertification and other administration BS every few years, volunteered their time with clubs, committees, and extra curriculars, and dealt with the most BATSHIT CRAZY parents ever

the point I'm trying to make... the teaching profession weeds out the undeserving before they get to the kind of salary you're talking about... with a few obvious exceptions those that are making that money deserve it... deserve MORE than that frankly - which is why I can justify the pensions as well

it's a problem of perception though... just as I've always said you shouldn't be able to eat at a restaurant til you've been a server yourself, you shouldn't be entitled to an opinion of our education system til you've substitute taught for a day
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Yeah $402,331.22 :shock: Pretty sure that's more than the president of our college makes.

Must move states :lol: