Identity Theft.......

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,468
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
As I was at work tonight.....

Some piece of human garbage wiped out my checking account....
By using an ATM machine......

Nice...
Real Fucking nice.........
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :shock: no words needed...sorry bud hope you get it all sorted

I am in complete total fucking shock.......
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Sorry for you, mate. It happened to me once and it was a real pain in the ass: trying to solve the problem with the police and my bank had been really annoying. :x
  • Hub. wrote:
    Sorry for you, mate. It happened to me once and it was a real pain in the ass: trying to solve the problem with the police and my bank had been really annoying. :x
    My bank said the money would be back in my account in 1-3 working days......

I dont believe a word of that.....
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ah, good aul card-skimming. Makes me wonder if I'm in the wrong business.

Hopefully your bank will sort it out pronto!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Ah, good aul card-skimming. Makes me wonder if I'm in the wrong business.

Hopefully your bank will sort it out pronto!

Its fucking amazing....

They have a card?? And my pin number?????
  • I am fucking pissed off beyond belief....
    And I know I wont sleep for days...........
  • Bastardos!!

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get ur money and the security tapes!! :evil: Heres a pic of what the fcukers can do to fool you!! First link is with the device, second without. Sorry for legnth of URLs

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http ... 29,r:0,s:0

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http ... 29,r:1,s:0
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • Just awful. It shakes you to the very core.

What a helpless, uneasy feeling.
    Kind of makes you doubt the integrity of...everything.
    Nice shirt.
  • I'm so sorry this happened to you Speedy. I hope it all gets sorted soon and relatively painlessly.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Nice...
    Sorry to hear....hopefully your banks gets your money back to you asap. Somehow I think we'll all get victimized one way or another. A couple banks here are planning on bringing out debit cards with NCA technology, you know the cards where you just hold it up to a machine and it reads your card, I see that will cause people more headaches.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    I've been there, done so by someone in London England. How these people do this only the spirits knows.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I feel your pain... :( my sister had hers stolen about 5 years ago, which is part of the reason why she just lost her house... :roll: :evil: ****BASTARDS****

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Hub. wrote:

Good luck with that :? . Hope it's able to get straightened out.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Good luck, Speedy. Lots of dishonest, swindling douchebags out there.

Consider investing in Lifelock. It's $10 per month and it's airtight.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    My sister had 5 iPhones charged to her ATT account a few months back..... And ATT couldn't tell her how the fuck that happens.... Took a few weeks but they credited her back

She is hesitant to do any online banking or purchasing ever since, can't really blame her

Hope it works out for you Speedy, god damn low-lifes and their lazy ass ways
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i hate thieves.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I had an invoice mailed to my house that I had no idea where it came from

It said the software I purchased is ready for download..the software cost $250 !

Makes ya sick thats for sure..I called the bank right away and cancelled the debit card and then went to the police station to file a report

:x
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    good reason to check your accounts online at least weekly, if not a couple times per week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    sorry to hear that speedy, hope the banks gives you back what is yours ASAP.

over the summer, i used one credit card abroad. a month later, i get my statement in the mail and i had thousands of dollars charged to it from an indian audio visual company in california. :shock:

needless to say i will be sticking to cash when i travel outside the US now.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    My sister had 5 iPhones charged to her ATT account a few months back..... And ATT couldn't tell her how the fuck that happens.... Took a few weeks but they credited her back

She is hesitant to do any online banking or purchasing ever since, can't really blame her

this is why iam a big pay with cash guy...i don't use that debit shit and i still write checks to pay my bills

of course it could still happen to me very easily....but i don't want anything to do with that debit card stuff
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Wow, that is so rough. Karma will come around, and hopefully those swindling bastards will get what they deserve. I hope this gets worked out for you as quickly as possible, and your bank really takes care of it. Sending good vibes on a lousy day..
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Hub. wrote:

Good luck with that :? . Hope it's able to get straightened out.

Like mine your bank will/should investigate and conclude by returning all monies that was stolen. I hope it all works out. This could have happened from some form of electronic pickpocketing.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• CROJAM95 wrote:

this is why iam a big pay with cash guy...i don't use that debit shit and i still write checks to pay my bills

of course it could still happen to me very easily....but i don't want anything to do with that debit card stuff

Checks? You do realize that each check not only has your bank name, bank routing number and your bank account number right on it, it also has YOUR NAME on it. One check in the wrong hands and its over for you.
  • it happened to me in april 2010. some ass got my credit card number, my name, address, passwords, social security number, etc. the only way i found out about it was the crook had a cell phone from at&t shipped to my neighbors house, which had my name on it, and my neighbor brought it over to me. i called at&t and they said i opened an account at a best buy in orlando florida. which i hadn't. i called every cell provider and they all had new accounts in my name and social security number and my address, which was one digit off which was my next door neighbor's address, with phones charged to my credit card and shipped to different areas of the country, all opened in orlando. also i have a $3500 tv charged to my credit card from you guessed it, best buy in orlando. i called my credit card and they closed the acount and eventually wiped those charges away. i called my bank to make sure no purchases were put on my debit card, which thankfully was secure. then i called the police who were of no help at all. even with the best buy having video footage of the criminal purchasing the fucking tv the police were unable to do anything because it was across state lines and a federal offense. they put me in contact with someone from the fbi and i never heard back if they caught the guy or not. it took about 5 months for everything to get sorted out. i have never felt so violated in my life. like someone said, check your statements every week. i called all 3 credit bureaus so if thee are any large purchases or anything suspiscious happening on my accounts i get a phone call to verify i am the one making the purchases. it was about this same time where my girlfriend broke up with me and my dog got cancer so i got the triple whammy in the middle of 2010. they do not know how this person got my card info, and the only places i have purchased anything online in the last 3 years were at guitar center and tenclub, but i know those are safe sites so i don't know how the id theft occurred. i ended up getting all new cards and as a result i refuse to do online banking and online shopping. i pay cash or check for everything now. i hope that all of us who have been impacted like this get fast resolution of the problem and that the people doing this are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law..
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • damn. that sux speedy.
    i had someone use my debit card in another state a few months ago. got a call from my bank the next day, asking if i made a $300 purchase at Home Depot somewhere in Florida. Nope. Ive never been to Florida. Had to go to the bank, fill out some paperwork, and they had the $$ back in my acct. in 3 days. Gotta be selective on what ATM u use these days. I try to avoid ATM's at all costs now, unless they are the inside ones that you need to use your debit card to open the door. Or, you could always just get cash back when you use your debit card at the store or something.
    Im sure it will work out for you, but damn it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. bastards!! :evil:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

can't believe the cops wouldn't do anything.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Checks? You do realize that each check not only has your bank name, bank routing number and your bank account number right on it, it also has YOUR NAME on it. One check in the wrong hands and its over for you.

GOOD POINT :lol:

that being said..i still want no part of debit cards online or in a store or whatever

and as long as you have 6 figures in my particular bank's accounts ...they keep you on high priority and everything is totally covered no questions asked 8-):lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    that sucks.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

Nice...

that fucking sucks!

people like that should be disemboweled and burned alive