Baseball fan? Need a job?

FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
"FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    If it wasn't for the Background Check, i'd be perfect.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    when they say ever single game do they mean 162 games or do they mean all 2,430 games. it's gotta be 162 right? right? i guess it can't be all 2430, that'd be about 40 of baseball every day, unless they are giving you multiple tv's. i'd be ready to puke at the end of the stretch.

i could do 162 games, as long as it's not the pirates.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    lol it sounds like some kind of punishment.

I could see myself on August 23rd, in a dark messy living room with a full beard and shoulder length hair, watching the Royals and A's, bloodshot eyes passing out with a burned out cigarette in one hand
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,702
    81 wrote:
    when they say ever single game do they mean 162 games or do they mean all 2,430 games. it's gotta be 162 right? right? i guess it can't be all 2430, that'd be about 40 of baseball every day, unless they are giving you multiple tv's. i'd be ready to puke at the end of the stretch.

i could do 162 games, as long as it's not the pirates.
    Sounds like they expect you to watch every game every day, don't know how its possible...even with 15 TV's you're gonna miss stuff.
    I imagine you're also required to eat a strict diet of hot dogs, peanuts and nachos, washed down with overpriced draft beer and soda.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Hmm, it's gotta be 162 games for a team of their choosing. Yeah, congrats! You get to spend the next 8 months in sunny Pittsburgh or KC watching games with 104 of your closest friends!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • This job would be pretty awesome if they sent you to sunny San Diego, LA or Miami.

You to significant other: "Honey, I'm going down to Miami for the next 8 months to watch baseball."
    SO: "Don't come back. We're through."
    Hmm, it's gotta be 162 games for a team of their choosing. Yeah, congrats! You get to spend the next 8 months in sunny Pittsburgh or KC watching games with 104 of your closest friends!

it's in NY. I'm guessing the person is going to either live in Citi field or Yankee Stadium and have to watch all games via televisions as well watch the mets or yankee's game from a special spot.

just my guess
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,702
    This job would be pretty awesome if they sent you to sunny San Diego, LA or Miami.

You to significant other: "Honey, I'm going down to Miami for the next 8 months to watch baseball."
    It says you must reside in NYC at a place of their choosing.
    I think they want you to sit and try and watch 15 games a day on multiple TV's.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    This job would be pretty awesome if they sent you to sunny San Diego, LA or Miami.

not really...i bet you don't get to leave the stadium much with all the blogging and game watching. on days with day games, you could be watching ball from 1pm to 1am to get the west coast games in. toss in the odd 11am start and it could be 14 hours of baseball a day. add on blogging, video blogging, you are going to do nothing but eat, sleep and breath baseball. your only break will be the all star break.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Fuck.

You couldn't pay me to live in that dump of a metropolis. F New York. And F the Mets and Yankees. So much for a dream job.
    Fuck.

You couldn't pay me to live in that dump of a metropolis. F New York. And F the Mets and Yankees. So much for a dream job.

really? even it paid a cool mil?

not that i think it will pay that much. i'd guess 100K. i'm also betting they hire somebody fairly fresh out of school.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    every game of the entire season?

I love baseball, but no fucking way
  • 81 wrote:
    I'm just trying to bait a response from the neilybabes and BinauralJams of the world. I'd do unspeakable acts for a cool mil to watch baseball. Who am I kidding?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    that's insane. 7 days a week every week except all-star break and as someone said like 12-14 hours a day. no fn way. plus i am assuming it will be some kind of apartment so you will get almost no exercise or fresh air. that's disasterous. i'm pretty sure i'd be in the clock tower picking people off by end of the season
  • every game of the entire season?

Seriously. I'll have trouble watching every Phils game, even with 4 awesome pitchers.

Sometimes there are 8 or 9 games going on at once - tough duty.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Let me repeat. The person will be required to watch Every. Single. Game. including the All-Star game and playoff games. That is as many as 2,472 games over the course of seven months if each of the postseason series goes the distance.

With as many as 15 games and 45 hours of action each day, there would have to be some overlap. Jeff Heckelman of Major League Baseball said this won't be a problem.

"We’re still working out the details of the setting in which the person will hang out," said Heckelman. "But suffice it to say it will be a setting conducive to watching multiple games simultaneously."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mlb-job- ... z1EuJiWsHV
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435

Seriously. I'll have trouble watching every Phils game, even with 4 awesome pitchers.

seriously after about the 3rd Pirates-Nats game you would want to shoot yourself. no way i see someone pulling this off.
  • I will say this: with the depth of knowledge and analysis you guys get into over on the Phillies thread, I figured you guys already did this job for fun.
    81 wrote:
    I'm just trying to bait a response from the neilybabes and BinauralJams of the world. I'd do unspeakable acts for a cool mil to watch baseball. Who am I kidding?

:D i got nothing but love for ya.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    If I knew what it paid and it was a pretty decent amount, and there were future employment possible... I would apply.

It would be tough to justify leaving my job though for a temporary 'intern-like' position watching 14 hours of baseball per day
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987
    I will say this: with the depth of knowledge and analysis you guys get into over on the Phillies thread, I figured you guys already did this job for fun.

Dude, you love it.
    what this job needs is identical twins. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    That would be the same as being a security guard who watches monitors all day. Perhaps the security guard would at least get to collar a few people, etc.

I would be tempted to take naps, and base my blogs on box scores and other blogs!
  • :D i got nothing but love for ya.
    Right back atcha, slick. I'm actually heading down to Manhattan in a few weeks to see some friends, so I can't hate the city that much.

I don't have any trouble watching the Phils games, but as a woman, I don't get into the technical details that you guys tend to get into. I'll voice my opinion on something, but I don't go crazy :lol:

and I'm not a stats gal, I read the stats, but I don't memorize them from year to year :lol: I have a general idea, but don't quote me on anything

one of my favorite things is reading the box scores in the morning. Always has been.
    :D i got nothing but love for ya.
    Right back atcha, slick. I'm actually heading down to Manhattan in a few weeks to see some friends, so I can't hate the city that much.

Man if i didn't work here, i would NEVER come here. Except to see PJ @ MSG ofcourse.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    MayDay10 wrote:
    lol it sounds like some kind of punishment.

I could see myself on August 23rd, in a dark messy living room with a full beard and shoulder length hair, watching the Royals and A's, bloodshot eyes passing out with a burned out cigarette in one hand

hell
    that's saturday at my house
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    it is for the marlins so they can show they increased their vieweship by 100%. Trying to push the numbers to keep them in miami
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I will say this: with the depth of knowledge and analysis you guys get into over on the Phillies thread, I figured you guys already did this job for fun.

I would love a job like that. If forced to watch that many games I would definitely be betting on them too, which would make it even better.
    81 wrote:
    what this job needs is identical twins. :lol:

More like the Octo babies or whatever they were called. :D