Options

I left my heart in San Francicso

124»

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:
    Did a search, I don't see the word "Fillmore" coming up .... if there's a band you like playing at the Fillmore, you should take it in ... historic place, fantastic place to see a show. All the posters and photos on the wall, a must for music lovers.
    Word.

Plus you can grab a free apple by the staircase.

(I'm all about looting free stuff lol)

oh, and you get a free poster on the way out (provided the show is sold out) ... more free stuff! :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    ? what are the taxi prices like out there. ie, any thoughts on what it would cost to go from the airport to the powell/market steet area?

bart looks to run 8.10 per person (16.20 total)....and the map says it's about 14 miles. i'm guessing cheaper to use Bart vs. taxi?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    81 wrote:
    ? what are the taxi prices like out there. ie, any thoughts on what it would cost to go from the airport to the powell/market steet area?

bart looks to run 8.10 per person (16.20 total)....and the map says it's about 14 miles. i'm guessing cheaper to use Bart vs. taxi?
    *Much* cheaper, and the station is directly in the airport. Just be sure to check when the trains run so you can time it to be at the airport when you need to. I live closer to the Oakland airport but I prefer to fly out of SFO because it's more convenient with BART
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

*Much* cheaper, and the station is directly in the airport. Just be sure to check when the trains run so you can time it to be at the airport when you need to. I live closer to the Oakland airport but I prefer to fly out of SFO because it's more convenient with BART

that's what i figured. i looked at the trains and it looks like they run on the half hour. and it will take us half an hour to get to our stop.

pretty steep on the fee at 8 bucks a head. i can get from either chicago airport to downtown for 2.25. If i want to take the metra, that's costs 5-6 bucks from the furthest point out which is in the 50+ mile range.

on the bright side, our hotel is right by the cable car stop adn we can get a week pass on teh san fran system for 27 bucks. this i lilke.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    many times while leaving san francisco i left fish slime water all over the streets. it was leaking out the back of my semi-trailer as i climbed my way out of there.

awesome...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    81 wrote:

Bart's the way to go from the airport, train picks up right outside baggage claim, easy ride to Powell/downtown. Taxi would probably run $35 plus tip from airport to downtown, and take about the same amount of time. I see you like beer from your initial post. My recs: Rouge Public House, 21st Amendment near the ballpark, and City Beer Store.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Bart's the way to go from the airport, train picks up right outside baggage claim, easy ride to Powell/downtown. Taxi would probably run $35 plus tip from airport to downtown, and take about the same amount of time. I see you like beer from your initial post. My recs: Rouge Public House, 21st Amendment near the ballpark, and City Beer Store.

rode by the Rouge...missed the others.

most food establishtments that we went to didn't have very good beer lists. ended up drinking a martini's on a few occassions. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    The 81 wrote:
    most food establishtments that we went to didn't have very good beer lists. ended up drinking a martini's on a few occassions. :lol:

Turn in your man card. :lol: :P ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    jimed14 wrote:
    Did a search, I don't see the word "Fillmore" coming up .... if there's a band you like playing at the Fillmore, you should take it in ... historic place, fantastic place to see a show. All the posters and photos on the wall, a must for music lovers.
    Word.

Considering it is The Fillmore, is there a sign by the apples that says: "Free Cannabis Smoking Devices"? :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

Turn in your man card. :lol: :P ;)
    Martini's are manly drinks......as long as they are made with gin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    dcfaithful wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Word.

Considering it is The Fillmore, is there a sign by the apples that says: "Free Cannabis Smoking Devices"? :lol:
    :D it'd be completely appropriate
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Moss Beach Distillary- the drive there is scary as hell but its well worth it...esp for the oceanic views

http://www.mossbeachdistillery.com/
    http://www.mossbeachdistillery.com/dogf ... urant.html

(side note: its haunted)