Options

PROMO POSTER GIVEAWAY WINNER!!!!!!

pools of maroonpools of maroon Posts: 454
edited February 2011 in Lost Dogs
Hey friends! Found some old posters I used to have up in my room from way back when and as I can't see the good lady wife letting me resurect my old room anytime soon I'd rather someone got a use out of them!! Remember these are old posters so they're not exactly mint condition but still pretty cool in my opinion!! Anyway try and remember the first poster you ever put up in your bedroom and post it here! I'll pick a winner next Sunday (27th) good luck folks ps my first poster was "ghostbusters!!" thanks for looking - Jonny ... And the winner is PEARLDRUMMER congrats and thanks to all that entered! ]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j379/Jonc134f9e9.jpgny5imalive/7b541629.jpg[/img]5fc6ff27.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    A pokemon poster when i was 6 :D

Thanks for the chance!!
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
  • Options
    I think my 1st poster was either an ET or a Mary Lou Retton poster (I know, what was I thinking?!).

The one that I know for sure was on my wall the longest was one of Jordan's Wheaties box posters of him during the All Star slam dunk contest when he jumped from the free throw line.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Great giveaway dude!!

My first poster was one of Kiss from the album Destroyer..

Greetzz
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    first poster was of Darth Vader. I remember it to this day.
    Also had a C3PO/R2D2 one.

My first PJ poster was the Alive stick man guy with some 1992 England dates on it
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Thanks for the chance, great contest!
    The main one I remember putting up when I was about 8 or 9 was the Faith No More Poster for the Angel Dust album. I think I was the only one of my friends that didn't have boy band posters!! :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Just googled who I had up and I think this might be the actual poster;

tumblr_kwktgm7JjB1qzb0wh.jpg
  • Options
    mine was of Brett hull playing for the blues, way back in the day. Still got it somewhere
  • Options
    Thanks for the replys so far guys! Great fun reading them! My god that Adam Ant pic made me chuckle! I remember my little bro wearing white insulating tape across the bridge of his nose singing "prince charming!"
  • Options
    KM43590KM43590 Posts: 298
    The earliest posters I had on my walls as a kid were; Batman (Keaton) Ernest P. Worrell (Jim Varney) and the scene from "The Shinning" with Jack's face coming through the door saying "Here's Johnny!" and also, I had an old poster from "The Sting" with Robert Redford. But my advice to you is to save your posters and make a room all your own. Just because you get married (or whatever your situation) it doesn't mean your entire home has to look like some catalog of better homes and gardens. If you can't really live in your own home, what's the point of living at all?! Especially when it's something your passionate about. Good luck, and thanks!
  • Options
    Ozzie Smith of the Cardinals.

Thanks for the chance.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong we do "live" in our wee house along with the two kids( and no. 3 pending!) two cats, dog and a large portion of pearl jam! Pearl jam are in every room on our house! And even though my wife isn't the biggest fan she is very accommodating with my obsession! I have 4 concert posters waiting to be framed and was even going to add a no code promo poster to the giveaway but she said to keep it and get it framed too!! So no worries about u's being in better homes and gardens! Anyway I know where your coming from buddy thanks for your concern .... And here's the view you'd see sitting on my loo!!!c0601415.jpg
  • Options
    Strange that you combine Pearl Jam with shitting... :D:D:D
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    Ok that's actually with the door open! The picture is really in the hall outside,just trying to prove a point!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ok that's actually with the door open! The picture is really in the hall outside,just trying to prove a point!!

My worries are now over!! Just kiddin bro... ;)
    Post edited by appie on
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    the poster that came with this:

XlzVRB17PQ76pIj.jpg
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    i remember pulling pics out of computer mags etc...but my first poster i can remeber buying and putting up was

sam fox....if i post the pic here i might get banned. :lol:
  • Options
    Ha ha Sam fox classic!! Poster girl of all us young lads in the eighties! I had a Sam fox t-shirt - cringe!!!!
  • Options
    sam fox....if i post the pic here i might get banned. :lol:

I had a poster of her......above my bed. :oops:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    i love that jumping one!
    my first poster was michael jackson with all his leather and buckles from the bad era lol 8-)
    and love ..... wish the world would go again with love , one cant seem to have enough.........
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    My first poster was not Sam fox, would have been creepy as she is my aunty lol.

My first poster was I think teenage mutant ninja turtles :)
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    Creepshow one sheet... my dad ran a movie theatre.
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    My first poster was Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure!!
    :mrgreen:
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    cool giveaway

first poster was a disney one, of the princesses and the castle. not your typical disney one though, it was a special one.
    lost it when we moved house (around 10 years ago, i was only 5 lol )
    anyway went to my friend's house (2 years ago)
    she had it on her wall :lol:
    very cool, was nice to get a blast from the past
  • Options
    gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 379
    Cool giveaway! My first poster was of Michael Jackson. In fact I had a couple. He WAS the man back in the day.

Yep I'm aging myself...
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    first poster i remember putting up is....

5472762022_6161737726.jpg

87 baby. check the classic 80s zebra stipes near the logo. i still got it too.. somewhere! (this pic above I ripped off ebay though)
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    Super excellent give away, thanks for the chance. I think my first poster was of the Italian Flag. Pretty lame, but I did get a big Italian flag I used as my bedroom door eventually.
  • Options
    My first poster was the poster that was packaged with the "Dark Side of the Moon" labum, the one that had the pyrimids on the moon.
  • Options
    thebrigthebrig Posts: 394
    My first poster was from the original "Transformers: The Movie". I wish I still had it. For some reason, I think I mailed away for it to get it.

4af0cb067a476_132891n.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity!!!
    Mantis-2.gif
  • Options
    Heather Thomas pink bikini.........
    dream the dreams of other men, you will be no ones rival
  • Options
    Great responses so far guys and nice to see a few cool pics aswell!! Looking forward to getting home from work tonight to see some more! Cheers Jonny