Earthquake in Christchurch

2»

Comments

• Sending my thoughts and love to the people of Christchurch :(

Really hope and praying for the number of fatalities to stop rising
    RedPJ wrote:
    Hey Guys

Hope all in Chur Chur are ok...

I've managed to contact my family. All alive. My aunty's house is ruined. She lives on the hills.

Haven't heard from a couple of friends. Been a long day of worrying....

Bob Parker has confirmed 65 deaths. but 120 trapped people have made it out alive.

Made world news huh?

Arohanui from New Plymouth

glad that you're family are okay, sad for your aunty but at least she is okay.
    hope you hear from your friends soon
  • My Aunt and Uncle were on vacation there and when it hit they were at the airport. Needless to say, they are stuck there for a while now but they were able to get an email out saying that they were ok. They were obviously among the lucky ones. Prayers and thoughts go out to all who've been impacted.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    My thoughts go out to all of you with loved ones in the area.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    38 the official death toll in the newspaper this morning so not sure where the 65 figure John Key was quoting last night came from.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Hey Guys

I live in Christchurch and it's not a nice time here at all. Our city has been brought to it's knee's for the second time in 6 months. So many people have lost so much. Was the most scary thing i have ever been through. Our hearts go out to those poor people who have lost friends and family. Our city has also lost so much of our special old buildings that once made Christchurch the beautiful place that it was 6 months ago. So many more people have no homes to return to, still no water, power and the cell networks are just holding up. If anybody wants to keep up with what is going on look at http://www.stuff.co.nz or http://www.thepress.co.nz. Sad sad times over here

Much love to all my friends and family going through with sad time,

Cheers Reece
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 10, 2006
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 11, 2006
    Christchurch AMI Stadium - Nov 29, 2009
  • Hello Pearl Jam World

Don't know if any of the band people read these? Christchurch people have lost so much and I guess what I'm trying to say is that when you guys were here in 2009 you seen how special our place was. you guys played 2 songs with Neil Finn that are close to the hearts of New Zealand people. Any chance you guys could put a link on the website with these 2 song and see if we can't get the pearl jam family to help with some donations to help out our fellow fans and fellow people down here that have lost so much.

What you think guys?

Cheers
    Reece Tallentire
    Christchurch
    New Zealand
    :( :( :( :( :(
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 10, 2006
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 11, 2006
    Christchurch AMI Stadium - Nov 29, 2009
  • Look three threads down.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • My thoughts go out to all of you with loved ones in the area.
  • morello wrote:
    38 the official death toll in the newspaper this morning so not sure where the 65 figure John Key was quoting last night came from.

It sounds like there are 65 confirmed dead, and 38 (now 39) have been identified. Of course, looks like the toll will go into the hundreds...
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    My heart goes out to all those affected by this terrible tragedy.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    Det Mackey wrote:
    morello wrote:

It sounds like there are 65 confirmed dead, and 38 (now 39) have been identified. Of course, looks like the toll will go into the hundreds...

Yeah, I realised that once I got to work. 65 confirmed dead, 38 bodies identified, hundred expected dead is what I'm now hearing.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • EnzedEnzed Posts: 487
    my brother was on the ground floor of the Pyne Gould building.

The one they show in all the pictures.

He's extremely lucky to be alive.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
    Enzed wrote:

So glad to hear he's ok. They've definitely been talking about that building in particular being flattened. I saw 1 pic & it looked very bad.
    <hr>
    Holy hell. Watching tv now & jeez it looks bad down there. No power, no food, no water. Stuff's being shipped in as they can but far out.
    <hr>
    reece77nz wrote:
    Hello Pearl Jam World

Don't know if any of the band people read these? Christchurch people have lost so much and I guess what I'm trying to say is that when you guys were here in 2009 you seen how special our place was. you guys played 2 songs with Neil Finn that are close to the hearts of New Zealand people. Any chance you guys could put a link on the website with these 2 song and see if we can't get the pearl jam family to help with some donations to help out our fellow fans and fellow people down here that have lost so much.

What you think guys?

Cheers
    Reece Tallentire
    Christchurch
    New Zealand
    :( :( :( :( :(

Good idea. There's all sorts of donation lines opened up now I think. The financial cost is going to be immense as well of course. I really can't imagine how our wee country is going to handle this.
    <hr>
  • RedPJRedPJ Posts: 207
    www.redcross.org.nz

Go there to donate
    Just For Today, I Am Free...
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Enzed wrote:

Wow. How anybody made it out there alive is incredible. Kia kaha.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Haven't seen Doompony posting lately, and she usually posts a fair bit. Ziggy, you met up with her in NZ in '09 didn't you? Can't remember whether she comes from Christchurch or Auckland, but I hope she's ok.
    pjamaholic wrote:
    Haven't seen Doompony posting lately, and she usually posts a fair bit. Ziggy, you met up with her in NZ in '09 didn't you? Can't remember whether she comes from Christchurch or Auckland, but I hope she's ok.
    DP's from Wellington & she's definitely been posting around here, in this thread maybe even. She's fine. Wlg has had a few tremors themselves in the last week or so & she's said they feel different after the biggies in Chch, you know, you're more freaked out that maybe they'll be bad but she's fine.
    <hr>
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Thanks for letting me know. I just hadn't seen any of her posts lately, and neither had another friend of mine. Glad she's ok, and from Wellington rather than that beautiful city that has suffered so much. It's close to my heart cos I went there January '10 and climbed up into that cathedral that lost its spire. I remember standing up there looking down over the city and my daughter and I were taking photos. It really was a nice city and I hope they are able to do a good job of rebuilding it. Also I bought 2 PJ t-shirts at a market stall in the city square there. I'm wearing one of them to one of Ed's Melbourne concerts in a couple of weeks time.
    pjamaholic wrote:
    Thanks for letting me know. I just hadn't seen any of her posts lately, and neither had another friend of mine. Glad she's ok, and from Wellington rather than that beautiful city that has suffered so much. It's close to my heart cos I went there January '10 and climbed up into that cathedral that lost its spire. I remember standing up there looking down over the city and my daughter and I were taking photos. It really was a nice city and I hope they are able to do a good job of rebuilding it. Also I bought 2 PJ t-shirts at a market stall in the city square there. I'm wearing one of them to one of Ed's Melbourne concerts in a couple of weeks time.
    Wow! I would love to score PJ t-shirts at a market stall! Well done!

& yep, it's going to take a while but hopefully Chch will come out of this ok. I was talking to a work colleague down there today & so many people have some terrible stories to live with now.
    <hr>