Do you text

2»

Comments

• 81 wrote:
    people you live with when you are both at home but in different parts of the house.

Yes. One night, after watching a particularly creepy Criminal Minds episode, the smoke alarm went off but then stopped. So I got a text from my 13yr old daughter who was in the next room, and I texted back. Neither of us wanted to get up and investigate so texting each other to figure out what the hell was happening seemed like a logical answer to the dilemma. Hehehe...I love texting. :D
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ummm, yes I do, regularly.

I have a 14 year old son who's bedroom is in the attic, if I shout and he has his door shut he doesn't hear me. So regularly I either phone or text him to let him know that his dinner is ready and to come and get it. Also if we're nipping out or something. We did try an intercom but it's an old house and the signal didn't carry up to the attic.
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    I was thinking of going retro and using smoke signals.
    Gibson1972
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    The last time I sent a text was about 2 years ago. I don't even know where my phone is and I hate the things.
  • chadwick wrote:
    fax 81
    fax

You kids and your faxing.

I still use carrier pigeons. I'm against smoke signals for professional reasons.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    We use morse code or telegrams.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I just say what I need to say out loud (even if he's in a different room) and then when Mr 4/20 says 'you never told me that' I just say 'yes I did, you just weren't listening'. Works every time...EVERY time.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    4and20 wrote:
    I just say what I need to say out loud (even if he's in a different room) and then when Mr 4/20 says 'you never told me that' I just say 'yes I did, you just weren't listening'. Works every time...EVERY time.

:lol: and if the kids over heard then you have back up confirmation that it happened!
  • texting at ALL is dumb.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014