Do you text

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
people you live with when you are both at home but in different parts of the house.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• no; super lazy and weird
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    fax 81
    fax
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Hell no...Mr. guitar 59 does not know how to text back...I yell! ;)
  • :? No
    But I do sometimes text my co-workers when we're in staff meetings or trainings to help pass the time :ugeek:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Yes, my wife, but just to be funny.

Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAPEyfOyWPo
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    No not very often if i have something to say i will usually phone, Too many people i know spend way too much time playing with their cell phones.
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • All the time. I checked my AT&T account today and so far this month I have text 1452 times.
    I'll be back
  • PapPap Posts: 28,814
    TK15685 wrote:
    no; super lazy and weird
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    One time at a concert I saw 2 people who were standing right next to each other...texting each other. :?
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    we have a carrier pigeon
    www.myspace.com
  • There have been the odd occasions, if one of us is sick and needs something or something like that but otherwise never ever!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    No way!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Nope. I rarely text when I am away from home, either. If my wife texts me at work, I just call her back. It's quicker and less annoying then saying something or asking a question and waiting 2 mins to get a response.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • DaveyGDaveyG Posts: 225
    iamica wrote:
    One time at a concert I saw 2 people who were standing right next to each other...texting each other. :?

Concerts are loud.
    10/23/10, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (24th Bridge School Benefit)
    10/24/10, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (24th Bridge School Benefit)
    07/11/11, Paramount Theater, Oakland, California (Eddie Vedder Solo Show)
    10/22/11, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (Eddie Vedder Solo Show, 25th Bridge School Benefit)
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Bfore I had a mobile and knew what texting was,two people at work were talking about a joke one of them had been texted ... I thought it was weird as one texted the other the joke instead of telling it,they were sitting right beside each other :?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    No...how lazy!!!!!!!!!!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    What if just want to tell that person something not very important and they are upstairs and you are down in a different part of the house
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    81 wrote:
    What if just want to tell that person something not very important and they are upstairs and you are down in a different part of the house

You could wait a while and tell them when you're closer/see them again..?
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Lol. Now we do. Kinda gay, but we do it. I have to catch ip with the rest of the world and the texting revolution.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    All the time. I checked my AT&T account today and so far this month I have text 1452 times.

Back in '04 when I had no internet access and my phone was hooked up through msn messenger I sent / received about 10,000 texts a month for 3 months. Not with an iPhone or smart phone, it was with a regular flip phone and T9 keytext.
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    My wife and I use hand signals to talk.

Usually just the middle finger in the air. :)
    Gibson1972
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Gibson72 wrote:
    My wife and I use hand signals to talk.

Usually just the middle finger in the air. :)
    :lol:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • 81 wrote:
    Then I will put a message in the cat's collar and tell her to run upstairs. :shifty: Not very effective though. She usually just stares at me like she wants to scratch my eyes out :shock:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • anyone remember families installing intercom systems in their homes during the late 80's/early 90's?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    anyone remember families installing intercom systems in their homes during the late 80's/early 90's?

my aunt and uncle have one in thier house. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • the girlfriend and i do it alot. its usually because she's in a different room and i'm listening to music on my iphone and can't hear her.

we also do it alot at work. it cost to much money to keep phoning every one all day. its free just to text them to find out where they are. we're working on a 12 storey building so its next to impossible to find some people sometimes.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,995
    does sexting count?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    in an apt. you can just yell....
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    mickeyrat wrote:
    does sexting count?
    What the hell?

Put the phone down and go hump them!
    micyeyrat wrote:
    does sexting count?
    Not when you are texting yourself
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg