Talking to Crush (Tips)

thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey, I just figured out that whenever I talk to some girl I like it ends up disastrous and the conversation be really boring or bland. Any tips on how I could talk to my crush....thanks! :D;)8-)
Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    I suppose it all depends on the type of person but if you talk about things that she's interested in and actually show and have an interest in what she's saying it might be a little better... things like that can be one of the most difficult or the most easiest things for some people.... some times you just meet people who you can just talk to forever about anything without a forced conversation...
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I guess it really depends on the girl, mate. I would be friendly but not too friendly, I think alot of girls your age like a bit of a chase and sometimes become less interested when they know you like them. So be friendly but not toooo friendly. Hope that makes sense??? :? Oh and let her do most the talking, I know it's hard if they are boring but just try to act interested. :lol::lol::D

Just be yourself dude and she's bound to like you, if not, she's not worth it! :D:D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Thanks for the tips guys! :D:D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Loulou wrote:

Just be yourself dude and she's bound to like you, if not, she's not worth it! :D:D:D
    Well, fuckers, he still stands.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Talk to her about things that interest her (and you), that way you will have something / some things in common. Also don't be too overpowering with going on and on, kind of limit how much face time you give her so that she can think about you when you aren't around and will be happy the next time she sees you.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Hey, I just figured out that whenever I talk to some girl I like it ends up disastrous and the conversation be really boring or bland. Any tips on how I could talk to my crush....thanks! :D;)8-)

That is so sweet :D ... breath,relax and talk about what interests you both but above all be yourself ... if she likes you she'll stay around but she needs to see the real you to decide ... Oh and have fun!
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    Be yourself. Girls can always tell when you are "put on"
    Also- like George costanza says "know when to leave. Always leave them wanting more"
    Gibson1972
  • Gibson72 wrote:
    like George costanza says "know when to leave. Always leave them wanting more"

:lol::lol:
    "THEY USE FORCE TO MAKE YOU DO WHAT THE DECIDERS HAVE DECIDED YOU MUST DO!" ~ Zach De La Rocha

..And away.. we go!
    MSG 5/20/2010
    MSG 5/21/2010
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Gibson72 wrote:
    Be yourself. Girls can always tell when you are "put on"
    Also- like George costanza says "know when to leave. Always leave them wanting more"
    +1

:lol::lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    thats really hard cause the crush gets in the way and makes a person a little stupid...
    you me anyone.

Now players are less likely to have a crush so this makes you one of the keepers,
    a genuine person.

Don't be hard on yourself....
    a good lady will see this, she'll feel it in her heart. This speaks volumes.

Just be yourself, time spent with your 'crush' will bring a new friend
    and possibly a new kind of love.
    One where you both see each other just as you are with faults,
    then that pedestal will come crashing down
    replaced by a journey hand in hand.

You have a lovely life ahead of you, Enjoy! :D
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Loulou wrote:
    I guess it really depends on the girl, mate. I would be friendly but not too friendly, I think alot of girls your age like a bit of a chase and sometimes become less interested when they know you like them. So be friendly but not toooo friendly. Hope that makes sense??? :? Oh and let her do most the talking, I know it's hard if they are boring but just try to act interested. :lol::lol::D

You got it.

Just listen and feed off the communication between you two. If she isn't talking, be funny about something totally random
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    It's not really what you say believe it or not..

Psychologists have shown it takes between 90 seconds and 4 minutes to decide if you fancy someone. Research has shown this has little to do with what is said, rather..

55% is through body language

38% is the tone and speed of their voice

Only 7% is through what they say

Fun facts for ya. 8-) Knowing that will help you stop over thinking the situation and just be natural.

So stop worrying about what you have to say and just be yourself. Talk to her like you'd talk to a good friend. I've had women I gave my all to and they treated me like shit.. I've had other women I've treated like shit, but still had to beat off with a stick. lol

If you like her that much just ask her out and it won't matter what you say. She'll either bite or you move to the next. Love is more about being yourself. Let the phormones do the deciding. It's evolution baby.
  • take a xanax and splash on a little alpha male wolf urine

you'll be fending off the ladies with a stick
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    take a xanax and splash on a little alpha male wolf urine

you'll be fending off the ladies with a stick
    Haha!

If youre that nervous and can't control your jitters, drugs can help. Women like confidence. Just look at McLovin. :lol:

Drugs or no drugs, confidence will get better with age and experience. First girl I kissed had to kiss me first. How lame is that. No wonder she dumped me. Next girl I had to ask. She dumped me too. Next girl I just did it and I couldn't keep the stalker away. :lol:

You don't have to be a cock, but women like it and expect you to take control. If you're crushing for her, just do what it takes.
    edited February 2011
    Gibson72 wrote:

So in other words, wear a trench coat, flash her, tell her that's all she gets and then walk away from the situation..

OK, maybe not, but if things get boring she might be turned on by that a few years down the line. :lol:
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Listen, forget what the rest of these fools say, and pay attention to good ol' JA.

Step one: You club her over the skull.
    Step two: You drag her back to your lair.
    Step three: ????
    Step four: Profit.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Listen, forget what the rest of these fools say, and pay attention to good ol' JA.

Step one: You club her over the skull.
    Step two: You drag her back to your lair.
    Step three: ????
    Step four: Profit.
    i dont know johnny... not to hate on your game... but it sounds an awful lot like date rape

• Whoa, WHOA! DATE RAPE?!

Are you accusing me, Johnny AMERICA (which is a synonym for Freedom & Justice, in case you didn't know), of date rape?! That's absurd!

I, for the record, would never stoop so low as to drug a female just to have sex with her.

I'm highly offended by this, and I plan on writing a strongly-worded PM of concern to the mods and admins, which hopefully results in you getting b&.
  • Whoa, WHOA! DATE RAPE?!

Are you accusing me, Johnny AMERICA (which is a synonym for Freedom & Justice, in case you didn't know), of date rape?! That's absurd!

I, for the record, would never stoop so low as to drug a female just to have sex with her.

I'm highly offended by this, and I plan on writing a strongly-worded PM of concern to the mods and admins, which hopefully results in you getting b&.
    my apologies johnny... I obviously read what I wanted into the "????"... what does that say about me? :| :?

you certainly give new meaning to "going clubbing" though

• Your apology is accepted, this time.

Fear my wrath, though, should you cross me again!
  • Let me ask you something, Mr. Trout. Who is that poor soul you are attacking in your avatar?
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Thanks everyone for the awesome tips!!!! :D Well.....except for the last couple of ones..... :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• thefixer9 wrote:
    Thanks everyone for the awesome tips!!!! :D Well.....except for the last couple of ones..... :lol:

Don't come crawling back to me when "asking her out" blows up in your face.
  • Hopefully you don't end up in the friends zone

Worst place to be as a guy who likes a girl
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Let me ask you something, Mr. Trout. Who is that poor soul you are attacking in your avatar?
    a dear friend... in the "friend zone" as phantom put it :(

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Ugh.

Listen to these guys, they know, there's hardly anything more difficult than to cross out of the friend zone once you're in there.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    Ugh.

Listen to these guys, they know, there's hardly anything more difficult than to cross out of the friend zone once you're in there.
    women have it so backwards... men would happily get with a friend of several years and already have the chemistry established for good sex / a relationship... without it being weird at ALL... women try to do things the other way around and then complain when the assholes they date don't care about their feelings and thoughts... and when you do things their way and break up they say they don't want to keep in touch because you didn't have a good friendship/foundation to begin with... as if that's EVER what they want

CHRIST

• justam wrote:
    Ugh.

women have it so backwards... men would happily get with a friend of several years and already have the chemistry established for good sex / a relationship... without it being weird at ALL... women try to do things the other way around and then complain when the assholes they date don't care about their feelings and thoughts... and when you do things their way and break up they say they don't want to keep in touch because you didn't have a good friendship/foundation to begin with... as if that's EVER what they want

CHRIST

Just makes it worse because you're the shoulder to cry on when she's hurt and upset

Ya gotta be a dick for the most part to get them attracted to you

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    justam wrote:
    Ugh.

CHRIST

You misunderstood me. I'm a woman.

It's hard from this end too because once you get attached to someone as your friend, you don't want to lose them and so it's easier to continue being their friend than to try to cross over to a "boyfriend/girlfriend" type relationship where you might be rejected or it might not be a successful transition and therefore you fear being cut off from them instead.

That's how BOTH people end up locked into the friendship relationship vs a dating relationship. It's not just frustrating to the men. It's frustrating to the women also. :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    justam wrote:
    Ugh.

CHRIST

You misunderstood me. I'm a woman.

It's hard from this end too because once you get attached to someone as your friend, you don't want to lose them and so it's easier to continue being their friend than to try to cross over to a "boyfriend/girlfriend" type relationship where you might be rejected or it might not be a successful transition and therefore you fear being cut off from them instead.

That's how BOTH people end up locked into the friendship relationship vs a dating relationship. It's not just frustrating to the men. It's frustrating to the women also. :?
    I hear/respect ya... but the female side of the argument (broad generalization) just sounds like playing it safe. I'm sure I would have a lot less long term female friends if we did things my way, but I'm willing to take that chance. I much prefer love/lust/loss to the general sense of contentment I get from friendship... but I think that's a matter of personal preference