Options

I'm fine, how are you?

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
what???

i did not ask how you were. all i said was "hi." :x i really do not care how you are either.

people don't listen to other people's greetings anymore. with some people i bet you can just walk up to them and say something like "hey, you're ugly!" their response will most likely be something like "great! how are you?"

dummies.
chinese-happy.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    what???

i did not ask how you were. all i said was "hi." :x i really do not care how you are either.

people don't listen to other people's greetings anymore. with some people i bet you can just walk up to them and say something like "hey, you're ugly!" their response will most likely be something like "great! how are you?"

dummies.

This is all I do. If someone says to me, "Hey, how are ya?", I just reply with "Hey, how's it goin'?", and I'm on my way. It's become a question, acknowledgement, and salutation all at once.
  • Options
    I hate when someone has to say Hi again if I already said hi to you
    One Hi per day is my motto
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    As part of my job, I talk to a lot of folks looking for work, people who applied for one of our jobs and didn’t get it or whatever, and I tend to end my conversations with them with a “good luck.” Almost every time they respond with, “you too.” As I hang up the phone, I’m thinking, “what do mean ‘you too’? I have a job, motherfucker. “ :lol:
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :|
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    im fine...whats poppin w/ you?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    As part of my job, I talk to a lot of folks looking for work, people who applied for one of our jobs and didn’t get it or whatever, and I tend to end my conversations with them with a “good luck.” Almost every time they respond with, “you too.” As I hang up the phone, I’m thinking, “what do mean ‘you too’? I have a job, motherfucker. “ :lol:
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

the juggler can get behind this...after the initial "hi," a nod of the head is all that should be acceptable.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

the juggler can get behind this...after the initial "hi," a nod of the head is all that should be acceptable.

i would also accept a passing "yooooo" as you walk right by the person. or something along those lines.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    I usually take a quick peek just to make sure there will be no clogging issues. Especially if I've eaten lots of dough lately - that seems to always cause problems.

Wait, what?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    ive managed to dwindle the majority of my greetings down to a head nod. At the most, I'll give you a "hey" along w/ the head nod.
    they're used to it now.
    everyone pretty much knows i dont care
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    ive managed to dwindle the majority of my greetings down to a head nod. At the most, I'll give you a "hey" along w/ the head nod.
    they're used to it now.

My wife tells me that I pretty much just growl at people that I don't really know or care about. She says I make an unpleasant, audible noise. I never really notice myself...

• Options
    they're used to it now.

i love this.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    eyedclaar wrote:
    they're used to it now.

My wife tells me that I pretty much just growl at people that I don't really know or care about. She says I make an unpleasant, audible noise. I never really notice myself...

Same. Well, sorta. I'm told countless times that I wear my heart on my sleeve and that I can't not hold back my honest facial expression. Apparently a couple years back at an awards dinner for work, I thought I was sitting in a spot that was inconspicuous, but EVERYONE I knew that was receiving an award and were sitting at the "awards table" in front of the rest of us(ya know, the lowly people) said I looked absolutely miserable. Welp, I at least they were right. :thumbup:
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    A lot of people where I live just 'alright' as both a greeting and an answer. I don't usually say it but perhaps I will from now on.
  • Options
    they're used to it now.

i love this.

hey...maybe you could lobby 10c for a head nod smiley?
    in the meantime, i guess ill just use this: :silent:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    As a great communicator, I just responded to an email from my boss about a new payroll policy that was loaded with confusing acronyms, with a simple – WTFIATBS

I heard a laugh from her office, so it must have been received with good humor.

• Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    As a great communicator, I just responded to an email from my boss about a new payroll policy that was loaded with confusing acronyms, with a simple – WTFIATBS

WTFITBS MAN???
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLd2NQYCaDuNRyluFHOgeoUv_-mMsmLFGv-uzsM7bEpfchs2061Q

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    :|
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    eyedclaar wrote:
    You're in HR aren't you? :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:

WTFITBS MAN???
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLd2NQYCaDuNRyluFHOgeoUv_-mMsmLFGv-uzsM7bEpfchs2061Q
    Brilliant post! :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

Something about my general indifference towards mankind betray my occupation? :D

• Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

Something about my general indifference towards mankind betray my occupation? :D

That response was textbook HR. :lol:;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    eyedclaar wrote:

Start saying I love you just so they say you too.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I prefer: "Good 'n you?" as a greeting expecting no reply. Everyone at a job years ago said it.
  • Options
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

Wouldn't that be awkward? :lol:

"I'm sorry, but we are currently exploring other options. I love you."
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

Wouldn't that be awkward? :lol:

"I'm sorry, but we are currently exploring other options. I love you."

hahaha....i once accidentally told a customer on the phone "okay, love you bye" before quickly hanging up. :lol: ...that's what incessent calls from the gf all day can do to one's mind. you just get into a rhythm of saying the same thing over and over again. the lady must have thought i was nuts. we never spoke again. :cry::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    hahaha....i once accidentally told a customer on the phone "okay, love you bye" before quickly hanging up. :lol: ...that's what incessent calls from the gf all day can do to one's mind. you just get into a rhythm of saying the same thing over and over again. the lady must have thought i was nuts. we never spoke again. :cry::lol:

With some luck she is alone and thinking, "someone out there loves me." But is too shy to follow through, lol

I sort of did that, the first time my wife talked to me on the phone she said bye, I said bye, I love you, I thought she had hung up so I hung up, she later sent me a text asking why I hung up. We were friends before that point before it got serious.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    que pasa?
  • Options

Nice. Ever answered your home or cell phone with your typical work response?

* Picks up home phone.

This is Dan in HR with Idaho Vet Services how can I help you?

:oops:

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    what???

dummies.
    this might be the funniest thing i've ever read from the jeagler. i admit i lol
    well played championship Sir

thread integrity... people piss me off at least 700 times per daily reoccurrence :wtf: greetings are one of many bullshit moves many folks fail.

i just slammed the phone done on someone. that was person #198. its 9:56am, saturday, march 12th, 2011.
    good morning.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce