Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I took that video trip to Yeilwaukee from above.
    They really were in top form on that leg.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Greensboro 2000
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    brookelilybrookelily Bethel Park, PA Posts: 235
    hail_halo said:

1998 - Merriweather post pavilion

I was at this show, one of the better ones I've been too. Decent audience recording?
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    Vault 5. Love it!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Charlotte 2000. I really dig this boot. NAIS-Light Years-GTF trio is stunningly beautiful.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Tulsa 2014

In the Pendulum opener, Eddie sounds more laid back and relaxed. It's an elegant, effectively moody rendering of the modern day opener while we head into Hard To Imagine. A beautiful combo it is to open a show, the performances and flow are elegantly done. The mix is crisp here, sounding amazing. Just under a minute into Small Town, it becomes Ed solo with Stone missing. I think he was changing out guitars but may be mistaken? Either way, it sounds interesting (be it a little off time). I like how it brings Ed's voice and lyrics into focus though. We move into the meat of the show with rarity Breakerfall. Musically tight, I thought it was a rocking take. Everyone sounded into the groove. It even had an extra jam at the end, and really cooked! Last Exit follows, Stone sounds a tad low in the mix for my tastes. Overall, it and Animal that follows sound a smidgen rough at times but still mostly pleasing. They are the right ones to get the energy going. I found MYM-In My Tree to work well together in a dynamic sort of way. Jeff and Matt are warm and in synch for the atmospheric No Code number. The boot captures that wonderfully. The outro of the song, especially Jeff, is utmost fantastic and in its way, peaceful. Eddie then says hello to the Tulsa crowd for the first time ever. The Kanye joke and crutches is priceless! "It's gonna be a good night," LB keeps us going with me toe tapping all the way. Ed's vocals aren't quite as potent on the song as they were in 2013, but otherwise it's pure energy here.

Jeff is super upfront on Dissident, some deep bass growls in the intro! The flow has been pleasant, upbeat, and just positive in nature. Marker in the Sand is a surprise, with a few lyrical flubs and rough guitar parts, but they are covered up pretty well overall. It's far from a bad version, in fact, the extended outro at the end is kind of neat. Moving forward a bit, Sirens-GTF-Jeremy flow very well together. Sirens is slightly ropey on the lyrical end, but GTF and Jeremy are on key from all; the latter is quite tight and crisp from all here. Ed states playing today is better than years ago, and the band are truly great friends now. Furthermore, how the crowd keeps them going. Then he teases Dirty Frank, which was indeed quite...dirty. It's all in good humor! Ed's in a chatty mood, great spirits here; joking about Mike's love of records and getting hard from it. Records Play fittingly is next, just a loose play all around. The solos sounds like ear candy, Jeff and Mike are ON. STBC and RVM conclude the main set.

The main set moves with good ebb and flow. Not many flubs or rough edges in the performance, the positive vibes from the band help make this a fine set. In the grand scheme here, there are no major highs or lows; an all-around solid, heartfelt main set. Ed was certainly in a really good mood.

Keeping that vibe and spirit, Ed jokes around with the crowd about audience members being high and a female crowd member sexually harassing herself with her sign requesting Garden (it's quite funny). We then head into a smooth sounding Just Breathe. Black elegantly follows stylistically and lyrically. It's human and real to move from needing someone into that relationship turning bad. Ed holds out the long note on Black, and the tag is mournful. Sonically, Matt’s kit, especially his kick drum, sounds so rich with crisp depth. The smooth set flow is certainly established with Crazy Mary up next. Ed slightly messes up lyrically right before the first chorus, but truly nothing major. The acoustics of the song, from the entire band, sound warm and relaxing. Boom’s solo is more forceful and haunting than normal, to my ears. All around, it’s a truly enjoyable and passionate version of the Victoria Williams cover. Since the show was played on Johnny Ramone’s birthday, I Believe in Miracles is played. It's dedicated to a little baby girl who was born on the day of the gig. Hearing Ed say something to the nature of, "This one’s for the little one" is really cute. After a good play on Miracles, Blood is fitting. Listen to Matt on the outro; his kick drum patterns are beastly. Stone plays that awesome, groovy, memorable riff during the solo in Porch, briefly. I love that damn riff, so catchy! This sends the first encore off swinging.

Ed again has fun with the crowd and we glide into DTE. The performance, especially Ed, sounds so spirited and full of spunk. After dependably good renderings of Betterman and Alive (where Jeff sounds amazing), comes another heartfelt moment of the show. A young boy, wearing a Who shirt, is brought on stage to rock out with the band during Baba O Riley. Having seen the video of this, the look on the faces of both the boy and Ed are heartwarming and so happy. Indifference is near perfection, and ends the gig on a really good note. The boot audio mix complements Jeff’s bass perfectly. Ed notes after the song ends, "We will remember this one."

I’ve read mixed stuff about Tulsa 2014 as a bootleg, but I thought it was quite solid. The heartfelt vibe of the show makes it feel like a big hug from the band. A good performance, but the positive spirits of this night’s proceedings are what defines it for me.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880

Tulsa 2014

In the Pendulum opener, Eddie sounds more laid back and relaxed. It's an elegant, effectively moody rendering of the modern day opener while we head into Hard To Imagine. A beautiful combo it is to open a show, the performances and flow are elegantly done. The mix is crisp here, sounding amazing. Just under a minute into Small Town, it becomes Ed solo with Stone missing. I think he was changing out guitars but may be mistaken? Either way, it sounds interesting (be it a little off time). I like how it brings Ed's voice and lyrics into focus though. We move into the meat of the show with rarity Breakerfall. Musically tight, I thought it was a rocking take. Everyone sounded into the groove. It even had an extra jam at the end, and really cooked! Last Exit follows, Stone sounds a tad low in the mix for my tastes. Overall, it and Animal that follows sound a smidgen rough at times but still mostly pleasing. They are the right ones to get the energy going. I found MYM-In My Tree to work well together in a dynamic sort of way. Jeff and Matt are warm and in synch for the atmospheric No Code number. The boot captures that wonderfully. The outro of the song, especially Jeff, is utmost fantastic and in its way, peaceful. Eddie then says hello to the Tulsa crowd for the first time ever. The Kanye joke and crutches is priceless! "It's gonna be a good night," LB keeps us going with me toe tapping all the way. Ed's vocals aren't quite as potent on the song as they were in 2013, but otherwise it's pure energy here.

Jeff is super upfront on Dissident, some deep bass growls in the intro! The flow has been pleasant, upbeat, and just positive in nature. Marker in the Sand is a surprise, with a few lyrical flubs and rough guitar parts, but they are covered up pretty well overall. It's far from a bad version, in fact, the extended outro at the end is kind of neat. Moving forward a bit, Sirens-GTF-Jeremy flow very well together. Sirens is slightly ropey on the lyrical end, but GTF and Jeremy are on key from all; the latter is quite tight and crisp from all here. Ed states playing today is better than years ago, and the band are truly great friends now. Furthermore, how the crowd keeps them going. Then he teases Dirty Frank, which was indeed quite...dirty. It's all in good humor! Ed's in a chatty mood, great spirits here; joking about Mike's love of records and getting hard from it. Records Play fittingly is next, just a loose play all around. The solos sounds like ear candy, Jeff and Mike are ON. STBC and RVM conclude the main set.

The main set moves with good ebb and flow. Not many flubs or rough edges in the performance, the positive vibes from the band help make this a fine set. In the grand scheme here, there are no major highs or lows; an all-around solid, heartfelt main set. Ed was certainly in a really good mood.

Keeping that vibe and spirit, Ed jokes around with the crowd about audience members being high and a female crowd member sexually harassing herself with her sign requesting Garden (it's quite funny). We then head into a smooth sounding Just Breathe. Black elegantly follows stylistically and lyrically. It's human and real to move from needing someone into that relationship turning bad. Ed holds out the long note on Black, and the tag is mournful. Sonically, Matt’s kit, especially his kick drum, sounds so rich with crisp depth. The smooth set flow is certainly established with Crazy Mary up next. Ed slightly messes up lyrically right before the first chorus, but truly nothing major. The acoustics of the song, from the entire band, sound warm and relaxing. Boom’s solo is more forceful and haunting than normal, to my ears. All around, it’s a truly enjoyable and passionate version of the Victoria Williams cover. Since the show was played on Johnny Ramone’s birthday, I Believe in Miracles is played. It's dedicated to a little baby girl who was born on the day of the gig. Hearing Ed say something to the nature of, "This one’s for the little one" is really cute. After a good play on Miracles, Blood is fitting. Listen to Matt on the outro; his kick drum patterns are beastly. Stone plays that awesome, groovy, memorable riff during the solo in Porch, briefly. I love that damn riff, so catchy! This sends the first encore off swinging.

Ed again has fun with the crowd and we glide into DTE. The performance, especially Ed, sounds so spirited and full of spunk. After dependably good renderings of Betterman and Alive (where Jeff sounds amazing), comes another heartfelt moment of the show. A young boy, wearing a Who shirt, is brought on stage to rock out with the band during Baba O Riley. Having seen the video of this, the look on the faces of both the boy and Ed are heartwarming and so happy. Indifference is near perfection, and ends the gig on a really good note. The boot audio mix complements Jeff’s bass perfectly. Ed notes after the song ends, "We will remember this one."

I’ve read mixed stuff about Tulsa 2014 as a bootleg, but I thought it was quite solid. The heartfelt vibe of the show makes it feel like a big hug from the band. A good performance, but the positive spirits of this night’s proceedings are what defines it for me.

I love that show.

H2I, Dissident, Breakerfall, In my Tree and Black in one set is a beautiful thing
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 240
    Melbourne 3, 1998
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,290
    Hartford 15/05/10

Dissident - Low Light - Amongst The Waves :dizzy:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:

Hartford 15/05/10

Good show- I would have made it there for sure if I wasn't still in school
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Pap said:

Hartford 15/05/10

I had a thought coming in, just cause I saw a cool young couple... You know t-shirts, jeans, nothing fancy... Young... They were standing on the corner holding hands... There was a lot of impact, just to look at these two young folks... You could tell they got a long life ahead... There's no steady job as of yet... Stability is a long way away in their future... But the fact they were together and holding hands is very powerful... Looked like they could do just about anything if they stuck together... There's something really important about long relationships... We would know that up here... You reach these other higher planes of existence and communication, and experience that you would never have had if you were given up when times got difficult, or something got tough, or you didn't have patience or understanding with the others... This next song is actually a cautionary tale about maybe somebody who had that, and let it go... It's called Nothingman... ~ Eddie Vedder
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:

Pap said:

Hartford 15/05/10

I had a thought coming in, just cause I saw a cool young couple... You know t-shirts, jeans, nothing fancy... Young... They were standing on the corner holding hands... There was a lot of impact, just to look at these two young folks... You could tell they got a long life ahead... There's no steady job as of yet... Stability is a long way away in their future... But the fact they were together and holding hands is very powerful... Looked like they could do just about anything if they stuck together... There's something really important about long relationships... We would know that up here... You reach these other higher planes of existence and communication, and experience that you would never have had if you were given up when times got difficult, or something got tough, or you didn't have patience or understanding with the others... This next song is actually a cautionary tale about maybe somebody who had that, and let it go... It's called Nothingman... ~ Eddie Vedder
    I enjoy this that you' ve been doing. It's nice to remember how insightful Eddie can be, even in the middle of a show. Thanks!
  • Options

I enjoy this that you' ve been doing. It's nice to remember how insightful Eddie can be, even in the middle of a show. Thanks!

:smiley: Thank you!

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777

Pap said:

Pap said:

Hartford 15/05/10

Thanks I'm enjoying these quotes too :)
  • Options
    10/03/05 Philly...Best show I've attended to date. Also, although I am not sure if it counts or not, Benaroya. I can't get enough of that show...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

10/03/05 Philly

Me too! :smile:

It is so happens that a few of us in the group, we happened to see a movie... We saw it in our hotel rooms... It's about Enron... It was called "The Smartest Men in the Room" or something... You get a chance to see it, it shows what we're all up against as consumers and civilians... There's some pretty evil fuckers out there wearing business suits and telling lies with a straight face... And taking money from everybody, and not giving a goddamn about any kind of moral responsibility... Anyways, I just wanted to say what this next song is about... This called Green Disease... ~ Eddie Vedder

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
    Post edited by Pap on
  • Options

:plus_one:
  • Options
    Pap said:

:plus_one:
    Really cool quotes pap! Keep them coming.
    Piss bottle men night 1 and 2. What I wouldn't give to see pj in a small club again.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Really cool quotes pap! Keep them coming.

Thanks a lot! :smiley:
  • Options
    Philadelphia 28/10/09
  • Options
    Memphis 2014
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    I m moving next week so send some good luck to my bootlegs. Last time I moved I lost around 50 boots. Fingers crossed they are all accounted for in the new house.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mcgruff10 said:

I m moving next week so send some good luck to my bootlegs. Last time I moved I lost around 50 boots. Fingers crossed they are all accounted for in the new house.

Finally making the move...
    Leaving the "Long Road" :plus_one:
    Best of luck in your new home buddy!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

Good luck to you and your bootlegs! :lucky:
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    mcgruff10 said:

Wishing your boots safe travels and good luck :lucky:
  • Options
    derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

Thanks guys!!! Going from long road (the perfect address if you are a pj fan) to diamond lane. Yuck.
    Listening to Boston 2010: insane rvm!!!
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Winnipeg 2011
  • Options
    Tampa 2008
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    mcgruff10 said:

Safe travel to your boots man..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

mcgruff10 said:

Safe travel to your boots man..
    thank you! philly 1, 08 ....cool little tour that year.