Options

Possible ITW vinyl sale

broken_joystickbroken_joystick Posts: 137
edited January 2008 in The Porch
The local record store down here says they're getting the ITW vinyl Feb. 5th, and said they will cost $23 a piece.

I am going to pick up every single one I can, and instead of flipping them on ebay, I am going to sell all the others to you guys for..

DUN DUN DUNNN

$23

That is, assuming that the record store isn't full of shit..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    If you're accepting a waiting list I would like to be added.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    You'll be a hero on this place...especially with all the hatred flowing on here today...free market capitalism(?)
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    They said theyre only getting a few.. but they told me what day they should be in.. and I figured.. since everybody else were being dickheads about it then I'd try to help out this place some. :]

Like I said, there's plenty of stories of record companies being dicks and selling them for $150 or not getting them at all, so don't hold your breath.. I'm going to try my hardest though :]
  • Options
    this is actually an awesome idea... ive sat on my ass enough today arguing about this album in my silly thread... im gonna go check out my local record store and see if i can do the same...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    make a deposit and get a receipt

that just might be an enforceable contract

and dont get all excited when you speak to the shop otherwise, they might start to think its worth more.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    Thats very decent of you. I'd definitely like the chance to get one, as you can see in the Oversold thread I had my order voided because i had the audacity to email them and ask for an update after having my funds held for 4 days. Imagine that, how dare i ask for some information!
    Cheers
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    sgossard3 wrote:
    this is actually an awesome idea... ive sat on my ass enough today arguing about this album in my silly thread... im gonna go check out my local record store and see if i can do the same...
    agree...your thread is silly....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Sign me up! Thats very cool. I called Easy Street here in Seattle and they had no order info or clue one what I was talking about.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Sign me up! Thats very cool. I called Easy Street here in Seattle and they had no order info or clue one what I was talking about.
    That surprises me. I thought for sure they would have gotten it. I wonder how it was decided which stores got them? Interesting. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175

I called two Recordtime locations in suburban Detroit and one place in Dearborn. Recordtime didn't know what I was talking about and Dearborn said they weren't getting it. Those are the three major places in the Detroit area that would get it.
  • Options
    welp... i checked my local record store... turns out they only do resale... like old vinyl... no new stuff... so i went in with a humanitarian goal in mind and ended up walking out with "mirrorball", "who are you", james taylor's greatest hits, and jim croce's greatest hits :D

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    If you're accepting a waiting list I would like to be added.
    That's great. I want on the waiting list too, if possible.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    If you do eventually end up finding one, or more, can I send you $23 ... then someone else can send me $127 ... and you send them the vinyl?

thanks!

I'm kidding ... of course.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

We have a big record store here called Uncle Sam's, they always get all the new releases but when I called on Friday they had no idea of what I was talking about and had nothing on their system about getting it at all.
    I have a couple of friends that missed out and was hoping that since Miami is a major city that record store would get a few copies in ... but then Miami sucks so what can I say...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    These aren't the Limited editions.
    the Minions
  • Options
    These aren't the Limited editions.
    do you mean to say that the records available at record stores arent the exact same ones as the ones from 10C? cause from what ive heard they are all exactly the same (coming with the 7" single and everything)... i could be mistaken...

• Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    I called a local store who called the distributor...

the distributor said there were no more available (sold out) with no second printings made..

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    The regular edition vinyl w/o the 7" will be released Tuesday.
    the Minions
  • Options
    The regular edition vinyl w/o the 7" will be released Tuesday.
    i thought tim said at some point that both were the same and that it was a misconception that the instore version was any different? from the accounts ive gotten so far from people that picked it up at stores, it has the same 7"... and the majority of stores seem to have released them ahead of the scheduled release date for some reason...

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i thought tim said at some point that both were the same and that it was a misconception that the instore version was any different? from the accounts ive gotten so far from people that picked it up at stores, it has the same 7"... and the majority of stores seem to have released them ahead of the scheduled release date for some reason...

This is correct. The 10C version, the auralexploits version and the stores version is the same, there is no regular edition, as you were saying that was a misconception.

...all of the record stores in my area don't have it, well they either didn't get it or they thought it would be better business to sell them on Ebay.
  • Options
    This is correct. The 10C version, the auralexploits version and the stores version is the same, there is no regular edition, as you were saying that was a misconception.

...all of the record stores in my area don't have it, well they either didn't get it or they thought it would be better business to sell them on Ebay.

oh???

ok, now I'm starting to understand why everyones' so uptight about this.

I thought the Jan 29 release was a different version :d'oh:
    the Minions
  • Options
    jc23jc23 Posts: 10

I thought for sure Easy Street would have them too. I emailed them and this is the repsonse I recieved.

"Hi JoAnne:
    It looks like we will not be carrying the vinyl when it comes out. There was a very small amount that was to be available to stores across the country and unfortunately there wasn’t enough for us. We still have our fingers crossed that we may come across some in the future, but as of now the answer is no.

Sorry about that and good luck finding a copy for yourself.

Thanks.

-adam-"

I can't seem to find ANYWHERE that is getting it. It seems odd that Easy Street wasn't able to get any :(
  • Options
    I keep forgetting to call the places near me...so I hope there are going to be some up here.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    Amoeba Records here in LA got about 20 copies last Friday and they are of course sold out. I asked the guy about the official January 29th street day release and asked him if they would get more in then. He looked in the computer and said that he is not showing any street release for it. So, whatever that means.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    oh???

ok, now I'm starting to understand why everyones' so uptight about this.

I thought the Jan 29 release was a different version :d'oh:

I think we all understood that when at the very beginning, and then Tim clarified it in the LP Distribution sticky, but there was a lot of confusion at first about whether there was or not a version different than the one with the 7"
  • Options
    jc23 wrote:
    I thought for sure Easy Street would have them too. I emailed them and this is the repsonse I recieved.

"Hi JoAnne:
    It looks like we will not be carrying the vinyl when it comes out. There was a very small amount that was to be available to stores across the country and unfortunately there wasn’t enough for us. We still have our fingers crossed that we may come across some in the future, but as of now the answer is no.

Sorry about that and good luck finding a copy for yourself.

Thanks-adam-"

I can't seem to find ANYWHERE that is getting it. It seems odd that Easy Street wasn't able to get any :(

This email Adam sent you I think sheds even more light on the fact that I don't think Ed or 10C had anything to do with the distribution of this record, as if they had they would have then Easy Street would probably carry some, just like it appears they had nothing to with the distribution I'm pretty sure they had nothing to do with the number or records that were pressed.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The local record store down here says they're getting the ITW vinyl Feb. 5th, and said they will cost $23 a piece.

I am going to pick up every single one I can, and instead of flipping them on ebay, I am going to sell all the others to you guys for..

DUN DUN DUNNN

$23

That is, assuming that the record store isn't full of shit..

this is what it is all about

good shit!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    thats real fucked up if easy street cant get some ITW vinyl love...

i am shocked actually

i go tmy riot act at the one in west seattle... slapped an easy street sticker on it and calle dit a day. that will NEVER be leaving my2hands :)