Options

2013 Grammy Awards

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,426
    Caveeze wrote:
    I can't believe the PJ20 movie was not even nominated for "best music video long form". The Foo Fighters "back and Forth" won it.. It was a good doc, so was the Tribe Called Quest doc.. But I thought PJ20 was better than both and wonder if they weren't nominated just because it is Pearl Jam..

yea they get no respect
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Maybe they saw where stone put his Grammy and said fuck it

Still one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

"Oh, look, there's a Grammy!"
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Seriously, why the hell would you unearth this thread and rename it instead of just starting a new one.
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Seriously, why the hell would you unearth this thread and rename it instead of just starting a new one.

save space. Sorry
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Adele was just perfect. :)

yes, she was.

I do prefer her ginger/chestnut hair though...not that she looks terrible as a blonde, she just looks a little like Kelly Osbourne.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk6gNzrGgBfrocBOcGqeqPQ4g4u-rb8DB1iMH0tzOmdXYy8beo

Adele-Blonde-580x435.jpg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Maybe they saw where stone put his Grammy and said fuck it

Still one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

"Oh, look, there's a Grammy!"

anyone else feel like that scene might have been a little staged? i mean, it was funny and all. but i can imagine stone planning that out well before cameron and the crew got to his place
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    I'm waiting for "Rhinestone Cowboy."

My mom had a Glenn Campbell album.

That's all I have.

that wasn't a bad moment. the old man sang at least. not sure when 'dancing' became music but 3/4 of the hip hop and pop these days is such crap live. Adele was great. what a voice. Foos were good and Dave's speech about making music in his garage was cool. and jennifer hudson nailed the whitney tribute. and i think joe walsh is music's version of gary busey.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I thought Paul's Valentine song was sweet and just in time too ...
    for a zillion downloads ... smart money maker

Wish he had worn a red shirt under that snazzy off white jacket though 8-)
  • Options
  • Options
    once again, you can see the impact indie music is having on culture at large. Arcade fire in 2010, Bon Iver and Adele (who's on an indie label) winning last year, and this year, the big nominee is Frank Ocean. That alone is something significant. this is a guy who is a part of Odd Future, the least likely band in history to ever be considered for a grammy or any major award, and he's released 2 albums, in 2 straight years that are masterpieces.
  • Options
    Best new artist Alabama Shakes. :)
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Caveeze wrote:
    I can't believe the PJ20 movie was not even nominated for "best music video long form". The Foo Fighters "back and Forth" won it.. It was a good doc, so was the Tribe Called Quest doc.. But I thought PJ20 was better than both and wonder if they weren't nominated just because it is Pearl Jam..

PJ20 and Back and Forth were documentaries? Seemed more like infomercials to me.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    igotid88 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

yea they get no respect

As much as I love PJ20, you have to be wearing blinders to argue that PJ20 was better than Back and Forth. It was a great doc and it deserved to win. If anyone wants to attempt to argue this, just look at how both docs dealt with their drummer issues.

I think the downfall of PJ20 was that they had a very close friend make it. It's hard to be unbiased/controversial when you're a long time friend of the band.

But that's just my opinion...what do I know.
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

yea they get no respect

As much as I love PJ20, you have to be wearing blinders to argue that PJ20 was better than Back and Forth. It was a great doc and it deserved to win. If anyone wants to attempt to argue this, just look at how both docs dealt with their drummer issues.

I think the downfall of PJ20 was that they had a very close friend make it. It's hard to be unbiased/controversial when you're a long time friend of the band.

But that's just my opinion...what do I know.

I liked PJ20 better than Back and Forth. Not that B&F was bad. I guess I was expecting too much because of the rave reviews. I agree with the drummer issue. But PJ20 was still a good doc. My point is that PJ seems to get ignored a little too much with the nominations.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    grammy bump. Walking Dead today as well.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The Black Keys have won 'Best Rock Song' & 'Best Rock Album' at The #Grammys.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    igotid88 wrote:
    They dont air the Best Rock categories anymore?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    well the word at the moment is one of my picks for best albums of 2012, will win album of the year, Channel Orange by Frank Ocean. Seems like Mumford is the band that will win though.
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

the main category for rock is the outdated " best alternative song" and "best alternative album". theyve got to change the name. When was the last great alternative band? It should be named "indie" album
  • Options
    Some of the women are going against the dress code
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

It's been awhile. And they're focusing more on performances
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    "Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered." --CBS memo on Grammys
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Drinking game. Everytime L.L. licks his lips
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    I thought fun. were pretty good.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    igotid88 wrote:
    I thought that sucked. Don't get the hype behind her at all.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    adam42381 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    I thought that sucked. Don't get the hype behind her at all.
    Agree. She also needs to eat a couple of burgers.

Cant wait for the Lumineers to perform,.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    audience not giving respect to the country performers
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    L.L. making the grammys about him
    I miss igotid88