Options

2013 Grammy Awards

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    intodeep wrote:
    I am pretty surprised about Arcade Fire. ARe they trying to earn some street cred or something? Trying to grab a different audiance? I don't know who votes for the grammy's i always thought i was based on album sales or something crazy like that because most people who win are horrible.

That's a bit of a generalization. There's plenty of bad acts that have won but plenty of good ones too. You watch and then turn it off and life goes on.

I don't think Arcade Fire is trying to do anything except make and perform good music. Its kind of nice when someone notices (Grammy).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    i only watched bits and pieces but I thought Arcade Fire's performance was awesome. I have heard of them but never really listented to them but really enjoyed the performance, especially the 1st song. Singing wasn't as loud as it could be on that song but the music and stage show was fantastic in my opinion.

and i also enjoyed the Cee Lo Green, Gweneth and the Muppits. was entertaining, also waiting for one of them to slip up and say f--- you not forget you.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I actually really liked this year awards. i usually hate these things but i was glad to see my fellow Canadians win some awards. so do you think the producers planned for Arcand Fire to play 2 songs.

I was hoping that they would have sung Half light II but man was Month of May great.
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    Arcade Fire wins Best Album. That's a shocker. Eminem's pissed.

I think both records were great and was actually thinking that Eminem was going to win.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    fife wrote:
    I actually really liked this year awards. i usually hate these things but i was glad to see my fellow Canadians win some awards. so do you think the producers planned for Arcand Fire to play 2 songs.

I was hoping that they would have sung Half light II but man was Month of May great.

i think they must have becuase their equipment was left up there, but they did kind of jump up and play pretty quickly and barely thanked anyone so it did come across a bit that maybe they just decided it themselves. i'd have to guess it was planned or they probably would have cut them off but has anyone ever played 2 songs on the grammy's before?
  • Options
    one of the grammys producers in the post show said Arcade Fire were always supposed to play 2 songs. I dont think anything of it really. To see their reactions when they won, I dont think they had a clue. And I think that they would have played 2 songs had they won, or not. I think like most of the general population, that they didnt think they;d win
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    fife wrote:

i think they must have becuase their equipment was left up there, but they did kind of jump up and play pretty quickly and barely thanked anyone so it did come across a bit that maybe they just decided it themselves. i'd have to guess it was planned or they probably would have cut them off but has anyone ever played 2 songs on the grammy's before?

I think their equipment was still up there because the show was ending and i would guess that they would take that down after the show. I have heard of bands playing more than 2 songs but not whole songs. usually its cut into separate songs.

am i the only one who felts that Bob Dylan was drunk or stoned.
  • Options
    one of the grammys producers in the post show said Arcade Fire were always supposed to play 2 songs. I dont think anything of it really. To see their reactions when they won, I dont think they had a clue. And I think that they would have played 2 songs had they won, or not. I think like most of the general population, that they didnt think they;d win

I don't know about that. why would the producers give Arcade Fire 2 full songs and separate them. im not complaining as i love them and wish they played more.
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    My guess is that the producers knew that Arcade Fire was going to win, which is why it was planned to have them play two songs. But as for the band, I mean, they all looked pretty shocked and surprised, they didn't even know what to say!
  • Options
    tcaporale wrote:
    My guess is that the producers knew that Arcade Fire was going to win, which is why it was planned to have them play two songs. But as for the band, I mean, they all looked pretty shocked and surprised, they didn't even know what to say!

thats logical, i will go with that.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    tcaporale wrote:
    Which songs did they play?
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    tcaporale wrote:
    Which songs did they play?
    "Month of May" and "Ready to Start."
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,425
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    PJ212 wrote:
    Oddest presenter collaboration: Miley Cyrus and Kings of Leon??

:lol: hasn't aired here yet. now I guess I will keep watching.

Dont'cha just hate that?

I mean it's held on the WEST COAST yet the EAST COAST gets it LIVE and we get a 'pre-recorded' version....really, they can pre-empt 60 minutes...I promise I won't raise a stink.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,425
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    PJ212 wrote:
    Oddest presenter collaboration: Miley Cyrus and Kings of Leon??

:lol: hasn't aired here yet. now I guess I will keep watching.

Dont'cha just hate that?

I mean it's held on the WEST COAST yet the EAST COAST gets it LIVE and we get a 'pre-recorded' version....really, they can pre-empt 60 minutes...I promise I won't raise a stink.

that was from last year. Sorry for the confusion
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    that presenter collaboration really wasnt that odd. didnt miley tweet she had a crush on one of the guys?
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Am I the only one outraged that Chris brown won an award and performed?
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Adele was just perfect. :)
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    I'm right there with you. Let's all celebrate an abuser. :evil:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

No. She's probably pretty pissed off too. :evil:

0224-rihanna-bn-mediaoutake-credit.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah...he's a total POS
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I agree it's insane..

And to think America still shuns Mel Gibson for being verbally abusive.

Why is this price of garbage being celebrated?
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    :wtf: Didn't watch but again :wtf:
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I'm waiting for "Rhinestone Cowboy."

My mom had a Glenn Campbell album.

That's all I have.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    OJ was an abuser once.
  • Options
    :wtf: Didn't watch but again :wtf:
    I was hoping he'd accidentally beat the shit out of himself during his *performance*
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    OJ was an abuser once.

But, you know, only the one time.

Of course, it was a doozy.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I can't believe the PJ20 movie was not even nominated for "best music video long form". The Foo Fighters "back and Forth" won it.. It was a good doc, so was the Tribe Called Quest doc.. But I thought PJ20 was better than both and wonder if they weren't nominated just because it is Pearl Jam..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Maybe they saw where stone put his Grammy and said fuck it