VDay gift idea?

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
For someone I meet 2 1/2 months ago..

Keep it simple and traditional? Dinner, flowers?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    ask her what she likes. That should help. :)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    are ya casual, serious, are ya into her? I see you are in your 30s....so yeah, I'd be careful on 'what' you give.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    4and20 wrote:
    are ya casual, serious, are ya into her? I see you are in your 30s....so yeah, I'd be careful on 'what' you give.
    That's what I mean. You can't really go wrong with the traditional, right? If this was a second valentines date, I'd have to be more creative I think. Just want to play it safe.

She's not picky at all. This girls idea of a good date is Buffalo Wild Wings. :lol:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    She's not picky at all. This girls idea of a good date is Buffalo Wild Wings. :lol:
    She's a keeper.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    so do something 'fun' like get a dozen of those chocolate roses and a book from her favorite author, or if she has a favorite cartoon say South Park, find a tin/lunchbox with the boys on it and fill it with nice chocolate (Godiva, Moonstruck etc), or a South Park coin purse with a gift card to her favorite store in it, I dunno...I'm just one of those 'easy to please' kinda girls......
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Coffee and a card
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    Coffee and a card

and maybe a scarf
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Coffee and a card

and maybe a scarf
    :lol:

Actually.. I was thinking about doing chocolate flavored coffee. I skipped that for xmas. 8-)
  • Vermont teddy bears ...women really seem to like them. add a personalized message ...and your golden
    Vermont teddy bears ...women really seem to like them. add a personalized message ...and your golden
    Ha

My gf thinks those are silly.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited February 2011
    81 wrote:
    Vermont teddy bears ...women really seem to like them. add a personalized message ...and your golden
    Ha

It's weird because my friends gf suggested a teddy bear.. to me that just seems silly and childish. I couldn't go with that and take it seriously.

I just picked up a box of assorted Fannie May chocolates and a card.. I'll pick up some roses the day before and take her out to dinner. It's still early in this, so I'll keep it simple.

Besides, I haven't seen her in over two weeks, so if she's trying to phase me out, its better to play everything safe. 8-)
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
    some chicks thing stuffed animals are creepy, some don't...can't go wrong with cash....

- Christopher McCandless
    Two weeks....uh oh :lol:

Did she go over seas with a guy friend
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    4and20 wrote:
    can't go wrong with cash....
    Hookers and blow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Oh god..

No! lol.. She's was really sick all last week.. We talked Saturday, so its' not like she's completely shutting me out. 8-)
  • 81 wrote:
    Ha

It's weird because my friends gf suggested a teddy bear.. to me that just seems silly and childish. I couldn't go with that and take it seriously.

I just picked up a box of assorted Fannie May chocolates and a card.. I'll pick up some roses the day before and take her out to dinner. It's still early in this, so I'll keep it simple.

Besides, I haven't seen her in over two weeks, so if she's trying to phase me out, its better to play everything safe. 8-)

heh, now that you mention it ... i gave my wife one of those while we were just dating about 8 years ago. i guess it is a young and childish thing to give . Whitmans chocolates are good ...
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    edited February 2011
    Try this site if she likes sweets and chocolate.... Berries.com

Also ediblearrangements.com and all have been very happy with what I chose. :D

Best advice give her something unusual and different. On my fiance's first V-day date (actually the 13th) I took her to dinner then a (not sure of the spelling) Hulio Egalasis concert 4th row center (extremely expensive) then drove her to the beach, blankets and started a fire to the fricking blankets as the wind kicked up wine, moon lit night that went over to the 14th and so on and so on and.... :D

Also I made her a orchid planter of white and pink orchids. I had long ones shorts, scented ones, rocks and moss etc. It took me hours, days to find all the things to make it..... it was gorgeous in my excitement and hiding it from her I forgot to ever take a picture of it. She loved it but she's not a very good care taker of plants and they died after two and half years. We still have the planter I had everything in though. :(

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    a pink strap-on
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    a pink strap-on

That there's the gift that just keeps on givin'...
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    4and20 wrote:
    some chicks thing stuffed animals are creepy, some don't...can't go wrong with cash....

Yes cash is an awesome valentines gift...especially if you're just starting out.

:wtf:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Valentines day is about sharing thoughts and feelings, love....not things

just show how much you care by planning something thoughtful ( make a memory) and a nice card that speaks your heart
    unless you are good at stick figures...make your own card with your words even better :D
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Ignore it. It's a load of commercial nonsense to drag cash out of everyone.

I suppose I'd better get something or my life will be hell.
    g under p wrote:
    Try this site if she likes sweets and chocolate.... dingleBerries.com

:?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    81 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Try this site if she likes sweets and chocolate.... dingleBerries.com

:?
    You are a bad man! :evil: :lol:
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Valentines day just pisses me off. I dont need to be reminded by anyone that I Need to say I love you... I honestly try to let my loved ones know they mean the world to me on a DAILY basis, not just one day of the year when there is an overabundance of chocolate and flowers...

It stresses me out more than Christmas!

Even with that, I usually come through some how. This year its Flowers and Perfume

I'm gonna get me a new dog and name the bastard "Happy Valentines Day" and stand on the porch every morning and yell at him till I'm hoarse!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Valentines day just pisses me off. I dont need to be reminded by anyone that I Need to say I love you... I honestly try to let my loved ones know they mean the world to me on a DAILY basis, not just one day of the year when there is an overabundance of chocolate and flowers...

It stresses me out more than Christmas!

Even with that, I usually come through some how. This year its Flowers and Perfume

I'm gonna get me a new dog and name the bastard "Happy Valentines Day" and stand on the porch every morning and yell at him till I'm hoarse!

"Come Happy Valentine's Day!" "Sit Happy Valentine's Day!" I don't get it...
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    81 wrote:

yeah, really.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    edited February 2011
    iluvcats wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah, really.

Calm down, guys. She's been really sick. She asked me out tonight. Not every girl is clingy. :P

Unless you're married, there's nothing wrong with seeing someone once a week and occasionally every other week if something comes up. People have lives besides eachother. :P

The over seas girl was crazy. I was in over my head. She was on heavy anti-depressants and an alcoholic. This girl has been sober for 3 months and she still likes me. 8-)
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • VD
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    dcfaithful wrote:
    She's a keeper.
    Tonight will be another Buffalo Wild Wings dinner date together.. Her choice. :D