Options

SLH on AET this wed: Your questions for SLH here

Comments

• Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    please see transcript of the show.[/quote]

Where do i find the transcript?

and
    he Santos,do you have any pj poster on the wall of your house?you have all the pj catalogue in lp? :)
    no posters on the walls at home...lots on the 10c warehouse walls.

If I ever make it to Seattle, can I have a tour of the warehouse, please? :D
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    silver39 wrote:
    please see transcript of the show.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1QVAA2DP
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Santos,

If I fly to Seattle and work for free for a few days could I have just a tour of the warehouse? :)

I won't even get greedy a la willy wonka... just a tour.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Since '03, which Pearl Jam tour was the most intense year @ the office you have ever experienced?
    Does the 10club give you flexible vacation time day's off so you could travel & see Pearl Jam outside of Seattle?
    Will there be any more mystery poster sales? And if so, any '96 & '98 in the mix?

Any more scratch & dent poster sales?

You must get alot of mail & reading all the posts on the boards about shipping & the long wait times. Any possibility to try for a month another delivery service provider, other then DHL Globalmail? Maybe try USPS for international orders like Kufala Recordings use? They include tracking numbers & packages shipped from California get delivered within a week to 2 all over the world. Please try it out, just for a month & check out the feedback.

Any thought about sending out emails to 10club members a day or two before hand that new Pearl Jam goodies goes on sale @ the 10club store? If you're not on online 24/7 it's hard to find out new Pearl Jam merchandise is already on sale without any warning. Many times rare goodies sell out so fast without even knowing it was available. Just a thought to let the fan's know before hand to stay tuned @ a certain time & stuff.

When are you coming to Halifax, Nova Scotia?

the last 8 years have been intense.
    when pearl jam plays, we work.
    sure, at some point.
    sure, at some point.
    We use Dhl Globalmail, which uses USPS for final delivery. please see transcript of radio show.
    We've explored many different shipping methods and our shipping has evolved over the years. it's hard to balance speed, visibility (tracking) and cost. add tracking = 100% chance of duty tax. anyone can take a single package to the post office and ship it to Canada without any hassle...it's a different situation trying to ship out 30000 packages internationally at the same time, try it sometime you'll see what i mean. we have been trying to integrate track and trace for years, and we're getting closer.
    been meaning to visit rickey, julian and bubbles for a while, not sure. sooner than later, i would hope.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,725
    demetrios wrote:
    Since '03, which Pearl Jam tour was the most intense year @ the office you have ever experienced?
    Does the 10club give you flexible vacation time day's off so you could travel & see Pearl Jam outside of Seattle?
    Will there be any more mystery poster sales? And if so, any '96 & '98 in the mix?

Any more scratch & dent poster sales?

You must get alot of mail & reading all the posts on the boards about shipping & the long wait times. Any possibility to try for a month another delivery service provider, other then DHL Globalmail? Maybe try USPS for international orders like Kufala Recordings use? They include tracking numbers & packages shipped from California get delivered within a week to 2 all over the world. Please try it out, just for a month & check out the feedback.

Any thought about sending out emails to 10club members a day or two before hand that new Pearl Jam goodies goes on sale @ the 10club store? If you're not on online 24/7 it's hard to find out new Pearl Jam merchandise is already on sale without any warning. Many times rare goodies sell out so fast without even knowing it was available. Just a thought to let the fan's know before hand to stay tuned @ a certain time & stuff.

When are you coming to Halifax, Nova Scotia?

the last 8 years have been intense.
    when pearl jam plays, we work.
    sure, at some point.
    sure, at some point.
    We use Dhl Globalmail, which uses USPS for final delivery. please see transcript of radio show.
    We've explored many different shipping methods and our shipping has evolved over the years. it's hard to balance speed, visibility (tracking) and cost. add tracking = 100% chance of duty tax. anyone can take a single package to the post office and ship it to Canada without any hassle...it's a different situation trying to ship out 30000 packages internationally at the same time, try it sometime you'll see what i mean. we have been trying to integrate track and trace for years, and we're getting closer.
    been meaning to visit rickey, julian and bubbles for a while, not sure. sooner than later, i would hope.

Thanks Rob. :)
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    just wanted to say much appreciation for SLH's time, answers, and transparency. This is probably the neatest view into 10c headquarters we have received yet and it is really appreciated. He leaves at 5 pm Seattle time, so hopefully we still have 1 more hour of him answering questions...at least until tomorrow at 7 AM his time! ;)
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1QVAA2DP[/quote]

Thanks!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    How did you get started working for the 10Club? Have you been there since the beginning?

A lot of people (including myself) don't understand everything that goes on with designing merch, taking orders, and then shipping it out to the customers. Can you explain the process? What are your specific duties within this process and within the 10C?

What is the hardest thing about your job? Best thing about it?

Where is the merchandise available in the Goods section housed? Is it at the 10C HQ or another facility?

Do you have any say in the type and design of merchandise that will be offered by the band?

Any instances of cool merch that was thought up/designed but just didn't become a reality?

And just curious, but how many e-mails or PM's do you typically get each week regarding product/shipping inquiries or issues.

Thanks!

I put the items up on the website, batch & print invoices/labels then hand off to Maxwerm and crew for picking and packing orders. I then do customer service (some would disagree), monitor ebay/youtube/social networks, deal with the day to day operations of the warehouse, rinse, repeat.
    hardest thing is not being able to answer certain questions at the exact moment someone asks. best thing is everything about this job. living the dream.
    everything except bootlegs is stored in 10c warehouse.
    if someone asks, i'll give my opinion on merch. Band, Tim and Regan Hagar are the designers for the most part.
    lots of cool stuff haven't made the cut.
    i get about 1000 emails a week, low average.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Some more questions ...

How did you get the 10club gig in '03?

Damaged Pearl Jam goodies that come back to the 10club, what ever happens to them?

Why haven't there been any 10club gift certificates sold @ the 10club store?

Any word when then 2010 box set will be available for purchase?
    see transcript or listen to show

damaged merch is either gifted or turned into art

gift certificates- been trying to get these implemented for awhile, lots of moving parts, getting closer.

sooner than later on the box set
  • Options
    IS there any way 10c/Ames would reprint some of the classic posters from the 1998 tour or any others for that matter? Maybe stamp them with a PJ20 watermark to differentiate them from the originals.
    not sure. you'd need to ask the ames bros.
  • Options
    Hey Santos....

Are there any damaged Benaroya Vinyl sets laying around that you would want to gift me :D
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Any update on paypal for the goods section?
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    Why are shipping costs so high? For example (I'm talking US only here):
    Vitalogy Reissue LP shipping is $12.50. Average USPS Media Mail rate for a 180g double LP is no more than $5. Is it materials (box, tape)? Handling (10c labor)? Even then, $12.50!?!?
    VS Reissue LP is $10.50 for shipping. Media Mail is $3-4. Same questions!
    Yet, the 9 POUND Super Deluxe Box is only $5 more ($17.50) than shipping the Vitalogy vinyl?
    Why can't we get discounted or consolidated shipping for multiple items? I bought 3 LP's of Live On Ten Legs and paid $7.50 X 3 = $22.50 for shipping.

Help us understand SLH! Thanks!

Hands down this is the best thing to ask based on his assumed role with the 10C. I would even pay money for him to be put on the spot and try to justify the absurdity known as 10C shipping.

send me an email, and i'd be happy to explain shiping to you. too bad you didn't call.

If you guys think this is "bad" buy something from the MetClub store. This is nothing. As someone who sells things on amazon and ebay the price of shipping has gone up, packaging does cost money, it does cost money and take time to go to the post office, and people are not working for free. This all factors in.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    Are there any FTM soundboard recordings floating around or going to be released from previous and/or future shows? no clue

What is an average day like for you at 10c headquarters? 10 hrs of work

What hours do you work? 7am-5pm, m-f

What's your favorite lunch spot down here in Georgetown? the shell station on michigan, great cheap chicken strips

White or wheat? Paper or plastic? wheat, bring my own bag

How often, would you say, are you called over to Kat's desk to read a stupid post with someone bitching? never

Who is your favorite person to chat with in the band? can't pick a fav, all are very very nice

What would you do if PJ retired from music?
    have to get a real job!
  • Options
    rjwhite19rjwhite19 Posts: 574
    edited February 2011
    nice discussion.....this is my most enjoyable time spent on the board since I joined.
    Post edited by rjwhite19 on
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    What has been your personal favorite item from the goods section?...i know there has to be one
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    what's your favorite beer?
    used to be Shiner Boch and this really great beer from Wangen, Germany, two versions Rote und Blau (red and blue) best beer ever. haven't had a beer since 92.
  • Options
    Wouldn't your life be easier with an assistant?

Wouldn't everyones Pearl Jam forum/youtube experience be all that more enhanced if you had an in house video editor - like the bootlegs only you can get a dvd or just "video" download of a show you were at? :mrgreen:
    have one, thanks!
    Have one of those, Len Scap, as well.
  • Options
    4and20 wrote:
    Are you hiring at 10c?

I need another business contact to put down on my unemployment job search checklist...you can say no, I am running out of places to try to apply to...but if you really want my resume, I'll send it to you, I have a wide variety of job skills...and I really am willing to take the train to the bus station, to downtown....everyday and I will walk in there with a smile on my face everyday and a box of Top Pot Doughnuts in hand every Friday.....
    all staffed up right now, thanks.
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    See the PJ20 shirts which will presumably be on sale at the anniversary bash? What will the dates and city/venue be on the back..... ;)
    that's an easy one, it's
  • Options
    Do you sleep the night before a ticket sale?
    Is there a set number or % of tickets the 10 Club gets or is there some negotiation depending on the place?

Great idea elwayvedder, Thanks! :D
    sometimes i sleep.
    usually a % of the house.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    How often do opportunities open to work for 10C? And how many applicants do you have?

Also, do you monitor other fan clubs or orginizations that provide benefits to their members to come up with new or borrowed ideas for 10C?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    What is your single most favourite pj merch of all time?
    moonlight graham hoodie
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    nice form SLH answering these. Look forward to further responses.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    my friend how close we are to get a "date" for the "weekend bash"???
    do you have every single item at home??? except posters???
    how big are the HQ???
    who else have rehearsed there???
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    moonlight graham hoodie
    Do you wanna give me a Benny Hall?
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Do you see the same customers names time and time again and think of dobbing them into to Pearl Jam annonymous?
    ;)
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    SLH is on fire today!!!
    :!:
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    pjfan31 wrote:
    moonlight graham hoodie
    :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    rjwhite19rjwhite19 Posts: 574
    edited February 2011
    any thought ever given to pj scarves?
    european football/soccer club style

what did you do before joining 10C?

and thanks for taking the time and doing this!
    Post edited by rjwhite19 on
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2