Halftime show

2»

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Oh Hell bring back The Village People and KC and The Sunshine Band for the halftime show.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    g under p wrote:
    Oh Hell bring back The Village People and KC and The Sunshine Band for the halftime show.

peace

kc and the sunsine band rock - for real. i mean they actually play instruments. they were on a bowl game a few years ago and were fantastic.
  • Here's a pretty acurate description. :lol:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/blo ... y-20110207
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • my lady enjoyed the hell out of it.

However, the biggest thing I got out of it was a dude we were watching it with had no clue who Slash was
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Lexor wrote:
    3) I think Fergie had a bad day. Her singing in "Boom Boom Pow" made me think her voice was in temporary disrepair (singing isn't an easy job). Also, I thought her singing on "Sweet Child O'Mine" was awesome. Slash should tour with Fergie.

I've heard Fergie sing SCOM and other rock songs before and she usually sounds pretty good, yesterday she sounded horrible singing Sweet Child. If you are interested in hearing a Slash/Fergie collaboration check out the song they did for his solo album, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjmTf31MAe8
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Fergie doing GNR was pretty bad. I felt she was just trying way too hard.

My ass could be more euphonious.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    However, the biggest thing I got out of it was a dude we were watching it with had no clue who Slash was

What rock has that guy been living under?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Here's a pretty acurate description. :lol:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/blo ... y-20110207
    Pretty much the entire entertainment sucked. And don't get me started on that halftime show they put at the end. That was probably the worst one!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    they're(PJ) just as popular as Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty, and they've played the half time show.
    dcfaithful wrote:

What rock has that guy been living under?

Maybe they're neighbors.

I didn't think the Halftime show was all that bad. Yeah the singing was outta key, but so was every other musical performance from respected musicians like Keith Urban and Christina Aguilera along with Slash's guitar being outta time. Black Eyed Peas really are a great example of what's wrong with music, but the Superbowl's kinda what's wrong with sports broadcasts in general.

Petty and the Boss were awful. Just boring no matter how you cut it. I mean if I'm gonna watch a cheesy over the top soul selling performance, I'd rather watch BEPs put it on. And at least those guys had the guts to "sing". Pretty sure the Boss lip synced and did it badly along with changin lyrics. And remember the power slide into the camera?? Oh my god!!! Just horrendous really.

The Who were the only old timers that really pulled it off and they're probably my least favorite em all.
  • Springsteen didn't lip-sync, why would he? It's not like he's some vocal virtuoso to start off with and he has something to live up to. Plus he was ad-libbing all over the place. I thought he just got into the spirit of things, he wasn't taking himself too seriously. Of course it was cheesy, but I've always thought that was part of his appeal anyway.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    horrible
    BEP represent everything I hate about popular music these days
    having usher do a cameo just made their suckiness more apparent :lol:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    never even heard one tune by black eyed peas
    youtubing them now.

will report my findings in a bit.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i have heard that song they played at the game. it is complete garbage. at least 133 million americans need slapped stupider than they already are for supporting this shit music.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • It's really just embarrasing that this group is so popular in the first place. Obviously it's all artificial studio crap that can't be recreated live because you don't have weeks to go back and tweak the autotune. :roll:

I want to see the Foo Fighters play the Super Bowl. Prince playing Best of You was fucking awesome though. That was the best of all of them.

If Pearl Jam played they'd come out and do Green Disease and the whole stadium would be confused. :lol: Honestly, who wants to hear PJ play Alive, Corduroy and Even Flow? :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • LexorLexor Posts: 69
    B-Rock wrote:
    I loved the out of time intro to sweet child o mine.

GOOD WORK !

I noticed that too. Another example of how challenging this type of performance is. If Slash messes up, something's seriously wrong, right? They're playing on an island in the middle of a football field that had to be assembled in under 10 minutes; even for pros, these are tough conditions. Things are bound to go wrong.
    "I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks." -Stone