Halftime show

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Were people booing the Peas or was I hearing things? No article about the performance mentions it and it seems like if they had been booing it would have been major headlines
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I dont know...
    I turned it off after 4-8 seconds.....

Black Eyed Peas????
    You have got to be kidding me......

Maybe I am just getting old....

So do any of those 4 dingalings I saw onstage (for 4-8 seconds) actually play an instrument??
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    I was booing, lol! That was pretty bad. Only one i saw playing an instrument was Slash.

Would have rather heard the black keys instead :mrgreen:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • And people actually had the nerve to bitch about The Who last year?????
  • Was it true Axel was there? I didn't see it, I might have to watch some of it on youtube and fast forward through all the black eyed peas crap and put the sound down.
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • And people actually had the nerve to bitch about The Who last year?????

The only place the Black Eyed Peas will be playing in their 60's is their backyards.

That performance tonight was an embarrassment. A parody of what music has become.
    Nice shirt.
  • cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    edited February 2011
    yeah but when/if (never going to happen) PJ does it then everyone will bitch and call them sell-outs.

I thought the best one of the past few years was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I've always liked them and saw them that summer b/c of the half time show.
    Post edited by cbrunelle783 on
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,468
    edited February 2011
    yeah but when/if (never going to happen) PJ does it then everyone will bitch and call them sell-outs.
    Pearl Jam isnt popular enough to even be considered to do the Superbowl.....
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • yeah but when/if (never going to happen) PJ does it then everyone will bitch and call them sell-outs.
    Pearl Jam isnt popular enough to even be considered to do the Suberbowl.....
    good point
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

• yeah but when/if (never going to happen) PJ does it then everyone will bitch and call them sell-outs.
    Pearl Jam isnt popular enough to even be considered to do the Suberbowl.....
    good point that's not the only reason I was thinking though
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

And rightfully so...

I'm confident that Pearl Jam will never play at the Superbowl...Not because they're not good/big enough but because they'll never be sell outs.
    And rightfully so...

I'm confident that Pearl Jam will never play at the Superbowl...Not because they're not good/big enough but because they'll never be sell outs.

That was more along the line of my thinking as previously alluded to.
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

• When they sang sweet child 'o mine it was pretty bad. I think Fergie usually has a kick ass voice but she butchered that song.
  • Oh please....

If they were asked to perform at halftime of the Superbowl.....

It would take Mr. Vedder and the boys about 3 seconds to say.....

YES!!!
    COUNT US IN!!!!!
    WHERE DO WE SIGN??????
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    I think they could have gone with either Green Day, Foo Fighters, Metallica or even PJ for the halftime show (maybe next year :?: )
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    And rightfully so...

NEVER SAY NEVER

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    And rightfully so...

NEVER SAY NEVER

Peace

They'll play Rhode Island again first :lol:
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I went for a stogie...that good eh?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • LexorLexor Posts: 69
    1) The Black Eyed Peas perform a style of music that's very difficult to recreate live. Also there were several sound engineering mistakes in the halftime show (most noticeably, Fergie's mic being off twice). And with all the showmanship of their performance, they made it into a spectacle that went beyond their musical performance.
    2) The Black Eyed Peas, especially Will.i.am, are talented musicians. Will.i.am has been a ridiculously succesful musician and producer for years. He knows what he's doing.
    3) I think Fergie had a bad day. Her singing in "Boom Boom Pow" made me think her voice was in temporary disrepair (singing isn't an easy job). Also, I thought her singing on "Sweet Child O'Mine" was awesome. Slash should tour with Fergie.
    "I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks." -Stone
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    Slash is cool.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Meh, I wasn't impressed. Not really a fan though.
  • i saw their costumes and thought that the only thing they were missing was Dynamo from "The Running Man"......

running-man-1-JS-Thm.jpg
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Pearl Jam isnt popular enough to even be considered to do the Superbowl.....

they're just as popular as Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty, and they've played the half time show. Pearl Jam may not be mainstream popular with today's youth, but they are a big name act and have a lot of respect in the music world as well as a huge international following. They could play the super bowl. Not sure they would though. Ed's more of a Take-me-out-to-the-ball-game kind of guy and none of them would jump at the opportunity to headline the super bowl. Not their style. But they could!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Lexor wrote:
    . Also, I thought her singing on "Sweet Child O'Mine" was awesome. Slash should tour with Fergie.

Are you deaf?! She was all over the place, so out of tune it was hideous!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm a fan of Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas but that was disappointing and the sound was awful :(
    she did look as beautiful as ever though :thumbup:
    And rightfully so...

The Who are sellouts? Tom Petty? Prince?

I do not agree with that point...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Lexor wrote:
    1) The Black Eyed Peas perform a style of music that's very difficult to recreate live. Also there were several sound engineering mistakes in the halftime show (most noticeably, Fergie's mic being off twice). And with all the showmanship of their performance, they made it into a spectacle that went beyond their musical performance.
    2) The Black Eyed Peas, especially Will.i.am, are talented musicians. Will.i.am has been a ridiculously succesful musician and producer for years. He knows what he's doing.
    3) I think Fergie had a bad day. Her singing in "Boom Boom Pow" made me think her voice was in temporary disrepair (singing isn't an easy job). Also, I thought her singing on "Sweet Child O'Mine" was awesome. Slash should tour with Fergie.

Very fair review.....The music was and sound was off but I did like the spetacle of the show. It reminded me of the Olmypics in China but their music is hard to duplicate live to such a large audience. Snoop Dog may have been better at pulling this off. :mrgreen: I was able to watch it to it's end and wondered how they were able to engineer all the pieces together so well even though the V in LOVE never lit up completely.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    Lexor wrote:

"they perform a style of music that is difficult to recreate live" - yes because it's shit studio driven drivel. embarrassing. i've actually have had arguments since the performance with people about how bad it is. mostly women think it was good. when 4 people are on stage signing and their is music being played but no one on stage with an instrument it's bad right from the get-go. the songs have a place in the pop world and in clubs maybe but please don't try and tell me it was ok live, it was horrible. even sweet child o'mine was bad. slash should be embarrassed. oh and fergie is way overrated on the hot scale. if she wasn't a celeb no one would think she was hot.
  • B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    I loved the out of time intro to sweet child o mine.

GOOD WORK !
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I dont know...
    I turned it off after 4-8 seconds.....

Black Eyed Peas????
    You have got to be kidding me......

Maybe I am just getting old....

So do any of those 4 dingalings I saw onstage (for 4-8 seconds) actually play an instrument??
    I agree with all of this
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    shaved my head
    took a shower
    ran out to mcdonalds for a hot fudge sunday
    came back
    yapped with the gf for a minute

missed the kickoff and the first snap of the second half.
    it should have been mid 3rd qtr by than.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg