people can't even make a joke now

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12361790

seriously... wtf is going on that people can't make fun of stereotypes anymore.
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PC world run by the looney extreme left.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I watched the show and knew there would be complaints. Its the PC world gone mad. It amused the hell out of me though.

The matter was also raised in the Mexican senate, where lawmakers were considering a motion of censure.

On Thursday an all-party group of British MPs also urged the BBC to apologise, calling the remarks "ignorant, derogatory and racist".

Why don't these people get a life.
  • We need more people like Borat in this world.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    it's a staple of british humour... not only do we stereotype other countries but we stereotype ourselves... i watched Not Going Out last night and there was a joke on it about Northerners having babies aged 14... if enough Northerners complained would the BBC issue yet another sycophantic grovelling apology?

fucked up.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Even that Chapelle guy makes fun of his fellow african americans
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    fucking hell we only have to look at the Andy Gray debacle to realise the world has gone truely mad
  • We are a nanny state here in Australia at the moment.
  • Why can't the world stop being so PC and let me stereotype dunkman and Scottish people :P
    pdalowsky wrote:
    fucking hell we only have to look at the Andy Gray debacle to realise the world has gone truely mad

so very true... blown out of all proportion.

Sky would have got more respect if they had issued a statement saying "ah he's only saying what you all fucking think! Now go make my dinner"
    Why can't the world stop being so PC and let me stereotype dunkman and Scottish people :P

you can if you wish you convict you. ;)
    Let's admit it we all take the piss out each other. Clarkson is always having a go at Americans but I haven't heard any complaints from them.

If every person that made a joke about foreigners was taken off the TV we'd be left with the news and gardening progs.

And as for the Andy Gray event, don't get me started.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    dunkman wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Sky would have got more respect if they had issued a statement saying "ah he's only saying what you all fucking think! Now go make my dinner"

too right Dunk.....

Personally i found it pretty amusing - they were saying what everyone else was thinking, someone should explain the offside rule and ask her what about the pile of ironing at home....

jeez, it was a joke. do feminists understand the word joke? seriosuly i saw some serious women venting on the issue....that was more funny than the real joke
  • dunkman wrote:
    Why can't the world stop being so PC and let me stereotype dunkman and Scottish people :P

lol my parents migrated here from Croatia so I am no convict :P
    pdalowsky wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

too right Dunk.....

Personally i found it pretty amusing - they were saying what everyone else was thinking, someone should explain the offside rule and ask her what about the pile of ironing at home....

jeez, it was a joke. do feminists understand the word joke? seriosuly i saw some serious women venting on the issue....that was more funny than the real joke

and i bet you those exact same women will have made 'jokes'.. well i say jokes but we all know women arent funny... about men having man-flu... or our lack of multi-tasking ability.

;);)
    dunkman wrote:

lol my parents migrated here from Croatia so I am no convict :P

not yet :twisted: ;)
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    same here

my thoughts?
    FUCK 'EM if they can't take a joke

(who is andy gray?)
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    chickweed wrote:
    same here

my thoughts?

(who is andy gray?)

Andy Gray is the love child of Jack Black and Meg White
  • dunkman wrote:
    chickweed wrote:
    same here

my thoughts?

(who is andy gray?)

Andy Gray is the love child of Jack Black and Meg White

That's racist.

I'll be reporting you to the mods.
    I knew it all along, see?
    i could use your "i'm literally shaking" kinda reply but it wasn't good enough the first time so i doubt it'll hold up this time ;)

p.s. you're a phobophobe.
  • You know what, Dunkman? I think you're a racist and a sexist! And I heard that you rape crippled women.

Yeah, makes sense to me. THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY HAS NOTHING TO HIDE!
    I knew it all along, see?
    You know what, Dunkman? I think you're a racist and a sexist! And I heard that you rape crippled women.

so I am a rapist now?

well i'll have you know i've always admired Will Smith's musical work.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    edited February 2011
    You know what, Dunkman? I think you're a racist and a sexist! And I heard that you rape crippled women.

i think you have a twisted sense of humor :twisted:
    i like that
    Post edited by mysticweed on
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    nuffingman wrote:
    Let's admit it we all take the piss out each other. Clarkson is always having a go at Americans but I haven't heard any complaints from them.
    To be honest, we can't completely understand what he's saying ;) Perhaps if the Brits open some dentistry schools and learn how to speak proper, we Yanks can give you an earful. :D
    Jason P wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    To be honest, we can't completely understand what he's saying ;) Perhaps if the Brits open some dentistry schools and learn how to speak proper, we Yanks can give you an earful. :D
    That explains it. You've destroyed our language so much you now can't understand it. :lol:
    I'll find a translation on the condition you send me a translation of what Jeff Bridges says in Crazy Heart. :D
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edit...
    couldn't hit submit!
    unbelievable
    this is unprecedented

"people can't even make a joke now" ~ dunkman

"when i mess around with joking...banned" ~ chadwick

"soon we will all be banned from our own lives" ~ everyone
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    pjtaper wrote:
    I'd love to meet you on tour though!

I'll be your huckleberry.

holliday.jpg
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    chadwick wrote:
    edit...
    couldn't hit submit!
    unbelievable
    this is unprecedented

"people can't even make a joke now" ~ dunkman

"when i mess around with joking...banned" ~ chadwick

"soon we will all be banned from our own lives" ~ everyone
    when dunkman came into my thread, where I was asking for a simple favor, and called me a liar for absolutely NO reason... then responded to my nice PM asking why he attacked me by saying he was just joking...

how is calling someone names a funny joke... true or not... it's a jackass move... which is why I reported his post... hope he does get banned!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dunkman is about as harmful as that harmlesslittlefucker who we all miss.
    care to direct me to your thread and the terrible humor?

dunk is a pillar of strength and very funny man; a bit of a barbarian yet a scholar.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    eyedclaar wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:

holliday.jpg

"Your so drunk you probably see two of me"
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    eyedclaar wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:

holliday.jpg

"Your so drunk you probably see two of me"

I think he says "three" to which Doc replies, "well then I'll aim for the one in the middle"
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.