UUUGGGHHHHHHH I hate drugs

2»

Comments

• myramyra Posts: 1,257
    haffajappa wrote:
    obviously the thread title was a result of frustration.
    i just assumed the track lines on their arms and scabby bruises on the woman's face might have meant they were junkies.

and how do you know they weren't high at the time :|
    if you were there i'd love another witness! pm me your contact info and i'll get in touch with the constable...

Really hope you'll get your Mac back. That really sucks.
    It's apparently a safe bet to assume it's been stolen by a junkie. From my experience (not as junkie, mind you), thefts perpetrated by junkies stand the most chances to find who did it and find the stolen items. But I must admit I have a rather small sample group to judge from. :|
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited February 2011
    haffajappa wrote:
    obviously the thread title was a result of frustration.
    i just assumed the track lines on their arms and scabby bruises on the woman's face might have meant they were junkies.

So the thread title should read 'UUUGGGHHHHHHH I hate heroin'. :ugeek:
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    haffajappa wrote:
    and how do you know they weren't high at the time :|
    if you were there i'd love another witness! pm me your contact info and i'll get in touch with the constable...
    :lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

Quite a sweeping generalization there.

Were the people who stole your laptop on ecstacy at the time? No, of course they weren't.
    Were the people who stole your laptop high on weed at the time? No, of course they weren't.
    Were the people who stole your laptop tripping on Mescaline, peyote, or LSD at the time? Nope.

End of discussion.

bwahahahaha

not the end of discussion but just the beginning id say steve.

whilst i will concede that drugs dont make ALL people bad people, the fact that perhaps these thieves werent high at the time doesnt make what they did any less a consequence of drugs. the desire to procur drugs by any means necessary may well require the theft of others possessions. therefore id say drugs can make bad people do bad things IF those 'bad' people are junkies. and no im not saying all junkies are bad people, if in fact any of them can be labelled bad(but that is another discussion imo). and this i know from experience.. just like i know from experience that some are.
    How can you be a junkie if you smoke weed, pop pills, or trip on psychedelics?

i dont limit my definiton of junkie to just those who do heroin. to me if you are addicted to any narcotic(especially so much that you fund yor habit through thievery) then you are a junkie. and while this excludes weed, it does include popping pills.. which too many see as harmless. and if i were to use the modern vernacular then anyone who finds themselves 'addicted' to tripping would be a junkie, not that id necessarily describe them as such,... just like many here could be described as pearl jam junkies.
    the english language is fluid steve, you know this.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • 81 wrote:
    Thieves suck

Pot good
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    i dont limit my definiton of junkie to just those who do heroin. to me if you are addicted to any narcotic(especially so much that you fund yor habit through thievery) then you are a junkie. and while this excludes weed, it does include popping pills.. which too many see as harmless. and if i were to use the modern vernacular then anyone who finds themselves 'addicted' to tripping would be a junkie, not that id necessarily describe them as such,... just like many here could be described as pearl jam junkies.

There's no such thing as an addiction to tripping. And ecstacy has no addictive ingredient either.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    FirstExit wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Thieves suck

Pot good
    i'm okay with this.
    8-)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • actually I'm a MUCH better person when I'm high. :mrgreen:
    haffajappa wrote:
    They make people bad people. They make bad people do bad things.
    The type of people who steal your macbook pro...

...which have your entire life on it.
    1000's of photos, music, class notes, assignments, projects for your portfolio... papers you've been working on for 3 weeks.

GONE

fml.

that is all.
    EDIT: for the record, i don't do drugs, and i don't associate with junkies.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Byrnzie wrote:

There 's no such thing as an addiction to tripping. And ecstacy has no addictive ingredient either.
    Dont recall mentioning ecstacy.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say