UUUGGGHHHHHHH I hate drugs

haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
They make people bad people. They make bad people do bad things.
The type of people who steal your macbook pro...

...which have your entire life on it.
1000's of photos, music, class notes, assignments, projects for your portfolio... papers you've been working on for 3 weeks.

GONE

fml.

that is all.
EDIT: for the record, i don't do drugs, and i don't associate with junkies.
live pearl jam is best pearl jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    drugs_are_bad_mmkay.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    That sucks. When you get your new computer back everything up! Please.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    If you know they were drugged up, you must know who they are then right?

Back your stuff up. What if the computer broke?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Thieves suck

Pot good
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • haffajappa wrote:
    The type of people who steal your macbook pro...

...which have your entire life on it.
    1000's of photos, music, class notes, assignments, projects for your portfolio... papers you've been working on for 3 weeks.

GONE

fml.

that is all.

Or they steal their grand kids life saving.
    I'll be back
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    sorry to hear that
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Love is a druuuuuuuug
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    my friend in van had his 1982 datsun broken into for 38 cents (in the 90's) ... he left nothing in his car and even had the glove compartment open ...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Sorry this happened to you.

We found, through personal experience, thievery is a business.
    Young kids hired to break into homes, offices, cars, lift whatever they can wherever they can.
    No longer is it necessarily a drug crazed desperate person doing the stealing
    these kids use it for a nice car, nice clothes, nice lifestyle.... it's a job.

Drugs bad yes (including legal drugs) when abused
    but can't be the sole blame for people stealing. People are living off of taking from others.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    That sucks.

1st the coffee table, now this...
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pandora wrote:

Young kids hired to break into homes, offices, cars, lift whatever they can wherever they can.

but can't be the sole blame for people stealing. People are living off of taking from others.

why don't the kids just steal the nice clothes? why pay $150 for jeans they could steal?

I'm with haffa... criminologists will tell you that drugs are a predominant factor in the majority of theft cases.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

why don't the kids just steal the nice clothes? why pay $150 for jeans they could steal?

I'm with haffa... criminologists will tell you that drugs are a predominant factor in the majority of theft cases.

Like when your avatar was stolen.

exactly... sold Beaker for 2 rocks of crack.
    The shame... the shame.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:

The shame... the shame.

:thumbup:
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    dunkman wrote:

The shame... the shame.

Hopefully you shared one of those rocks with Beaker. I mean, there's a crackhead if ever I saw one...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    of course i shared...
    meep

I told Statler & Waldorf to fuck off and get their own though.
    dunkman wrote:
    of course i shared...
    meep

I told Statler & Waldorf to fuck off and get their own though.

Statler%20and%20Waldorf%20pimps.jpeg
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

They don't pay 150$ for jeans.... they buy them on the black market too, after a crash and dash robbery.
    There is a new thief and he's not a drug addict. He's too smart for that.
    pandora wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

They don't pay 150$ for jeans.... they buy them on the black market too, after a crash and dash robbery.

???
    BernardMadoff.jpg
    pandora wrote:

???
    BernardMadoff.jpg
    yea, this just sad
    He's a broken man now in more ways than one, all the money he stole, all the people he hurt,
    his son longer walks this Earth, all because of his own greed. Misguided fool.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Drugs don't steal, Canadians do...

:mrgreen:
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    the shitty thing is i was with one of the thieves playing 'dumb' when she said she didn't know the guy, i managed to stick with her for a good 15 minutes ...but it took the police FORTY minutes to come.

apparently they only have one patrol car on, because they told me no one was coming since there was another call... i was like, "oh, that's great. so this junkie can basically stab me anytime and I'll see you guys in about 20 minutes or so." then the police gave me different stories of why they took so long... ugh.
    if they came right away they would have had the person AND they would have had someone who they had warrants out for (supposedly)
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    So it's police departments fault that you associate with junkies?
    It is very frustrating to lose your belongings to these thieves, whatever their motivation,
    then be told by the police don't expect to see your stuff again, there's nothing we can do,
    this when they know for a fact who did the crime.

Response time for nonemergency is often more than what you experienced at least here in our area.

I would like to see the recovered stolen goods go to charity, that which can not be returned to the rightful owners. This is also not the case in our area. Often the items are destroyed.
  • pandora wrote:
    It is very frustrating to lose your belongings to these thieves, whatever their motivation,
    then be told by the police don't expect to see your stuff again, there's nothing we can do,
    this when they know for a fact who did the crime.

Response time for nonemergency is often more than what you experienced at least here in our area.

I would like to see the recovered stolen goods go to charity, that which can not be returned to the rightful owners. This is also not the case in our area. Often the items are destroyed.

Move to Kennesaw! The law says a homeowner has to own a firearm of some sort...makes the crime rate very low compared to the rest of the Atlanta metro area!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
    PJ88 wrote:
    So it's police departments fault that you associate with junkies?
    Oh yah, me and the junkies are tight.
    When I'm not busy trying to put myself through university by working 2 jobs I'm out trading hockey cards with junkies up the street.

(you WERE joking, right?)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    haffajappa wrote:

Quite a sweeping generalization there.

Were the people who stole your laptop on ecstacy at the time? No, of course they weren't.
    Were the people who stole your laptop high on weed at the time? No, of course they weren't.
    Were the people who stole your laptop tripping on Mescaline, peyote, or LSD at the time? Nope.

End of discussion.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Byrnzie wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Were the people who stole your laptop on ecstacy at the time? No, of course they weren't.
    Were the people who stole your laptop high on weed at the time? No, of course they weren't.
    Were the people who stole your laptop tripping on Mescaline, peyote, or LSD at the time? Nope.

End of discussion.

bwahahahaha

not the end of discussion but just the beginning id say steve.

whilst i will concede that drugs dont make ALL people bad people, the fact that perhaps these thieves werent high at the time doesnt make what they did any less a consequence of drugs. the desire to procur drugs by any means necessary may well require the theft of others possessions. therefore id say drugs can make bad people do bad things IF those 'bad' people are junkies. and no im not saying all junkies are bad people, if in fact any of them can be labelled bad(but that is another discussion imo). and this i know from experience.. just like i know from experience that some are.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Byrnzie wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

End of discussion.

bwahahahaha

not the end of discussion but just the beginning id say steve.

whilst i will concede that drugs dont make ALL people bad people, the fact that perhaps these thieves werent high at the time doesnt make what they did any less a consequence of drugs. the desire to procur drugs by any means necessary may well require the theft of others possessions. therefore id say drugs can make bad people do bad things IF those 'bad' people are junkies. and no im not saying all junkies are bad people, if in fact any of them can be labelled bad(but that is another discussion imo). and this i know from experience.. just like i know from experience that some are.

How can you be a junkie if you smoke weed, pop pills, or trip on psychedelics?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

End of discussion.
    obviously the thread title was a result of frustration.
    i just assumed the track lines on their arms and scabby bruises on the woman's face might have meant they were junkies.

and how do you know they weren't high at the time :|
    if you were there i'd love another witness! pm me your contact info and i'll get in touch with the constable...