Compulsive liars/ridiculous stories.

Chip McFlenniganChip McFlennigan Posts: 1,162
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anybody know any compulsive liars who tell fucking ridiculous stories?

Like, just stuff that makes you roll your eyes when you hear it because you know it's BS?
I knew it all along, see?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Anybody know any compulsive liars who tell fucking ridiculous stories?

Like, just stuff that makes you roll your eyes when you hear it because you know it's BS?

HA. I used to have a friend like that back in high school. He would make up the most ridiculous stories and we always knew that he was completely full of shit. Some people just like the attention....
  • Yes, I think its to the point where she actually believes herself now. Its pretty sad to be honest. Its like she started and can't stop. We never know what to believe and usually just assume that everything is a lie
  • I would have posted earlier but I was wrangling a rabid llama in the living room.

:D
    But yeah, I think people who do that are just overcompensating. Thankfully I don't have anybody like that around me which is nice.
  • There was one kid in HS, Dennis was his name, who was the worst with this stuff.

At 16, he'd been hit by a dozen or so cars, fought in secret missions overseas in a "weekend internship program for high school students" run by the Navy SEALS, he'd been shot, stabbed, tried to save a girl's life after she'd been hit by a tractor trailer, etc.

Just completely ridiculous tales.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Yes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    In 5th grade, a guy used to talk about getting BJ's from older girls. Some people didn't believe him, while others were simply dumbfounded!

The guy grew up to be Tracy Guns from L.A. Guns!

True story.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    2 friends...

i shake my head everytime...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    My great uncle used to do that. I realized as I grew older that it was his way of being humorous. The stories usually grew funnier and more ridiculous as they went along.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    my good friend constantly. i call him out sometimes but it's not worth it. it means nothing..still a good guy. does get annoying though.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    My aunt(-in-law), it's so awful, every time she opens her mouth we assume she is lying. I tune her out, can't remember anything she's ever told me.

Oh except for her saying she talked to her boss about trying to get me a job where she works. And how he thought I have a girl's name even though my full name and gender were on the application. And who cares if I was a girl? She got hired there.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709

Yep. I have a friend who's been like that for as long as I've known him (15+ years). I haven't seen him for 10 years but he still calls me and talks bs.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    YEah in H.S, I was friends with the guy until his lying just made him look like an idiot.

Like, at a party

'Yeah, I had like 10 beers before I came, that's why I am so drunk....'

'On the way home from the party on the weekend, I walked past another party, and went in, I hooked up with like 3 girls.'
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I would have posted earlier but I was wrangling a rabid llama in the living room.
    Don't you just hate it when you have to do that. Such a mess on the carpet.
  • yeah I knew a guy that lied so much his head exploded.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Yeah my cousin, biggest con artist, I wanna punch him in the face.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

I know several. I find it amusing.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074

Same here. I also can't stand people who have to always "one-up" people when they tell a story. There is a guy at my work, no matter what anyone is talking about, he/or someone he knows has been there, done that and 100 times better. Drives everyone nuts.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    PJ88 wrote:

Same here. I also can't stand people who have to always "one-up" people when they tell a story. There is a guy at my work, no matter what anyone is talking about, he/or someone he knows has been there, done that and 100 times better. Drives everyone nuts.

the avatar is just too awesome..i sometimes forget he is there..then boom he peeks out
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Thanks! You never know when Chris Hanson is going to be lurking around a corner! :lol:
  • PJ88 wrote:

Really? I have two guys at work who are like that. They drive everyone SUPER nuts. Just sayin'.
    Really? I have two guys at work who are like that. They drive everyone SUPER nuts. Just sayin'.[/quote]

HA! :lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    yeah, must ask yourself 'why' ..... then listen
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710

yes
    my fucking boss
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"

I had 2 such a**holes in my firehouse, :? one I knew from my neighborhood. Although at times it was amusing, when they worked together it was 2 a-holes trying to out duel each other's outlandish bulls**t ( in stereo ). Getting stuck in between such bs would give me a f**kn headache :evil: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • PJ88 wrote:
    Thanks! You never know when Chris Hanson is going to be lurking around a corner! :lol:
    Damn..i thought that was Tosh..even funnier if its Hanson.

And for my input...I've known several people who you never knew whether to believe them or not, but there was one dude i got to know during college (never knew him before but we were from the same town) and that dude told some doozies. He and I took a creative writing class together and I wrote a rather scathing but hilarious poem about him which made it apparent who it was about and he was not so happy when I read it aloud in class. :mrgreen:
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    PJ88 wrote:
    Really? I have two guys at work who are like that. They drive everyone SUPER nuts. Just sayin'.

HA! :lol:[/quote]

i LOVE your avatar
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    One dude from my buddy's college. Total one-upper.
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    A really good friend of mine is a compulsive liar. I actually had to stop talking to her for about 6 months because it was getting so out of hand. I love her to death but can only take her in little bits at a time.

One of her best lies ever is that about 5 years ago she met Eminem at some bar out in Saskatchewan :lol:
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    chickweed wrote:

yes
    my fucking boss

Do we work together??? :lol: My soon to be former boss, is a lying biatch.........won't get into details but I caught her out so badly, that I had her boss as my back up!!!! :lol:
  • Known a few people like this but the absolute weirdest was a boss I had many years ago. It wasn't so much that she told outrageous stories, just that her versions of things changed constantly. She would give contradictory versions to different staff. Of course it wasn't very hard for us to figure out that we weren't getting the same story since there were only 8 people in the office. :roll:

I could never figure out why she told such obvious lies. She had to know that we were on to her. And her versions of things didn't make her look any better. The truth would have been just as good.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."