Options

whats the big hype over these posters?

abyanksabyanks Posts: 59
edited June 2008 in The Porch
i dont get it. what so good about these posters?
how much do they cost anyway?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    they all contain a secret treasure map in invisible ink on them. there are 10 different pieces of the map. the more posters you get the better chance of getting all ten pieces and finding the mystical treasure...

its all very Goonies/National Treasure.
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    for me.....the posters are just a souviner of the show. i only purchase the shows i attend.

but i do understand how some fans collect them as art....the do look descent on a wall.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290
    i too am curious as to there value. i see people trading them for tickets. ?
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:
    they all contain a secret treasure map in invisible ink on them. there are 10 different pieces of the map. the more posters you get the better chance of getting all ten pieces and finding the mystical treasure...

well said and quite creative.......is this true?
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    well said and quite creative.......is this true?

as true and as real as jesus.
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:
    as true and as real as jesus.
    well then......i suppose i should find the missing pieces, being that i only have the florida ones.
  • Options
    abyanksabyanks Posts: 59
    if this is true about the treasure map im gonna ahve to pick one up now..
    maybe nicholas cage can help after that.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Or Chunk can help...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    I dig the fact that they are doing more than two or three colors and that they are fucking sweet. Real good work from the brothers Ames. Remember Canada 05? Those sucked for the most part. Uninspired if I do say so my self.
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,365
    Posters are like crack..... you start with one, and the next thing you know you just keep collecting them. Then you start getting to the venue early and staking out a spot in line while you go through withdrawals because you can see the poster from outside the venue but you can't touch it.

You should just stay away from them.
  • Options
    Ashy LarryAshy Larry Posts: 76
    its all hype and BS and look how many losers they have hooked.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I get only the shows I go to. Way better and cheaper than a stupid $40 t-shirt.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    buy one, and you'll soon see the attraction, I would have asked the same thing this time last year...I've got close to 50 now.....oh dear....

or buy the ames book...great place to start and see what you've missed so far
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,750
    Plus, they can be traded for cigarettes in prison.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I get only the shows I go to. Way better and cheaper than a stupid $40 t-shirt.

The shirts this time around are not bad at all.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Glad to see you doen't "get it"... The more people who don't "get it" means more for us with the disease... LOL
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    DONT DO IT!! RUN!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND DONT LOOK BACK!! POSTERS BAD, VERY BAD!!!!!! YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!! Your life will change. You will do things you never thought possible. You will lose your friends, you wife will look at you differently, and before you know, you will be sitting alone in the dark shining a flashlight on the wall in a big room looking at your posters wondering what you've done to deserve the HELL you have created and try to figure out a way out...Problem is that there is NO WAY out. Once you start, you cant stop, it isnt possible.

I know a guy, we'll call him a "friend". He has dedicated his life to finding any and all posters from shows he hasnt even been too! I heard a a friend of his showed him a 3 color silk screen about 8 years ago, and he has never been the same. Even looks different! I can only describe him as an addict. Rumor has it that he lives in a house back behind the home he bought and SOMETIMES he will surface to forage for food or water, but otherwise he lives a life of solitude. Some say he has been a little been "off" since that first poster. Kind of a "leatherman" type person! There have been sightings, but I am not sure anyone has ever met him in person. Some say he doesnt speak to anyone but the walls!! Again, these are only rumors. Keep an eye out if you ever make the west coast swing someday. I heard he dwells there and shows up when you least expect him. Be very careful though, this guy is waaay out there. GOOD LUCK with the poster thing!! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    scw156 wrote:

I believe Klausen is a FreeMason.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I believe Klausen is a FreeMason.

I saw him at a meeting once....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,566
    DONT DO IT!! RUN!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND DONT LOOK BACK!! POSTERS BAD, VERY BAD!!!!!! YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!! Your life will change. You will do things you never thought possible. You will lose your friends, you wife will look at you differently, and before you know, you will be sitting alone in the dark shining a flashlight on the wall in a big room looking at your posters wondering what you've done to deserve the HELL you have created and try to figure out a way out...Problem is that there is NO WAY out. Once you start, you cant stop, it isnt possible.

I know a guy, we'll call him a "friend". He has dedicated his life to finding any and all posters from shows he hasnt even been too! I heard a a friend of his showed him a 3 color silk screen about 8 years ago, and he has never been the same. Even looks different! I can only describe him as an addict. Rumor has it that he lives in a house back behind the home he bought and SOMETIMES he will surface to forage for food or water, but otherwise he lives a life of solitude. Some say he has been a little been "off" since that first poster. Kind of a "leatherman" type person! There have been sightings, but I am not sure anyone has ever met him in person. Some say he doesnt speak to anyone but the walls!! Again, these are only rumors. Keep an eye out if you ever make the west coast swing someday. I heard he dwells there and shows up when you least expect him. Be very careful though, this guy is waaay out there. GOOD LUCK with the poster thing!! :D

hahaha, this si funny, but also very true! Its scary....
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Niko80 wrote:
    hahaha, this si funny, but also very true! Its scary....

You aint kiddin!!

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Its retarded and gay and I love it. I first promised myself I would keep it to just the shows I went to and only pay venue/10c cost - then those rules got broken and I said I would keep it just to PJ - yesterday, I bought an Emek. A Grateful Dead Emek. Man, somebody stop me.
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    Its retarded and gay and I love it. I first promised myself I would keep it to just the shows I went to and only pay venue/10c cost - then those rules got broken and I said I would keep it just to PJ - yesterday, I bought an Emek. A Grateful Dead Emek. Man, somebody stop me.

Sounds like you could use an INTERVENTION!!

• Options
    I dig the fact that they are doing more than two or three colors and that they are fucking sweet. Real good work from the brothers Ames. Remember Canada 05? Those sucked for the most part. Uninspired if I do say so my self.

i love the canadian posters from 05! i guess cuz i'm canadian?? the calgary one is one of my favourites...
  • Options
    i love it how there were so many more people like me olut there who bought one and dipped their toe in and then, bam, take that, your hooked.

crazy stuff,

the tradeking puts it dead on in what he says, its evil. pure and simple
  • Options
    and Scott to that extent I think we are due more piccys of the progress too.....come on now dont keep us waiting....
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    mjb wrote:
    Its retarded and gay and I love it.

Ahem.......that's not politically correct. Everyone has to be politically correct with every single word that they say.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    and Scott to that extent I think we are due more piccys of the progress too.....come on now dont keep us waiting....

In a holding pattern for another week or so. Swamped at work right now and birthdays and such. I am going to get something up very soon, I PROMISE!! ;)

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Ahem.......that's not politically correct. Everyone has to be politically correct with every single word that they say.

Sorry dude - you're right - it is absurd and nonsensical....and gay. That one is ok because I don't think gay people listen to pearl jam :o