***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

1110111112113114116»

Comments

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden StatePosts: 2,722
    Pretty sure I was at the Prince show that Dave was supposed to play with him, or maybe off by one night. Prince ended up doing "Whole Lotta Love" with Nikka Costa at the show I attended. Would have been amazing to see Dave play drums with him.
    Later on that year when Foo Fighters played the Forum, Dave told part of this story and also how Prince would sometimes bring the lights all the way down, I believe as a way so people could let loose a little more. Dave had them bring the lights down to nearly pitch dark in the middle of "Monkeywrench" after he told the story in tribute to Prince.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 21,046
    IN YOUR HONOR

is the best Foo Fighters album. Peak.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 22,236

Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 22,236

Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • NSLNSL Charlotte, NCPosts: 215
    I wonder when we will get info on the FF's new album.  Pretty sure he's said multiple times over the past several months that it's been finished.  Surprised we haven't at least gotten an album name or teaser.  Figured with the tour that was supposed to happen they would be playing some new tunes
    My concert photos/recordings:
    http://www.nslmedia.net/

2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,352
    NSL said:
    I wonder when we will get info on the FF's new album.  Pretty sure he's said multiple times over the past several months that it's been finished.  Surprised we haven't at least gotten an album name or teaser.  Figured with the tour that was supposed to happen they would be playing some new tunes
    I read something totally unofficial (at least from what I could see) that the album was coming out in May, so maybe we'll hear something soon.  It's not like bands aren't releasing new music now (;although some are moving the release date).  Still, a little surprised we haven't heard a single.  
  • ZodZod Posts: 6,998
    I wonder if bands (or labels) are contemplating holding off.  As we saw with gigaton, the sales seemed a bit low (even by modern numbers).   Presumably those of us who purchase copies online were find, but given the virus, it was pretty hard for most people to walk into a record shop and buy one.   Maybe they'll wait to release it until things calm down.   It's a luxury they can afford since they never announce the released date.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 992
    Maybe they wanted to tie the new album's release into their big anniversary bash this summer, so they might hold off? Pure speculation, of course.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 21,046

Dave Grohl: ‘Foo Fighters’ 25 Year Anniversary, Nirvana, and Kurt Cobain | Apple Music

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"