Options

Oscar Nominations

13»

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    davidtrios wrote:
    norm wrote:
    kinda surprised bigalow and affeck weren't nominated...then again, i'm really not since directors can be stuck up tools

surprisingly, afflack has been pretty good lately. i used to hate his acting but i respect him now.

yeah that shocked me as well as some of my friends who are movie "geeks"
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    the surprise, good surprise here is Amour. One of the best films of the year, and no one's seen it, except oscar voters evidently. Hanekes last film The White Ribbon was one of the more facinating films ive seen in years, and was nominated in the best foreign film category and lost. Im not sure, but maybe the rules changed last year, since The Artist was nominated for and won best picture even though it was a foreign film. Same with Amour. But its nominated in the best picture as opposed to foreign category.

Facinating and absolutely heartwrenching film. plus, pretty damn cool one of the nominees for best actress is an 80 year old woman, who costarred in this film
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    norm wrote:
    kinda surprised bigalow and affeck weren't nominated...then again, i'm really not since directors can be stuck up tools

surprisingly, afflack has been pretty good lately. i used to hate his acting but i respect him now.

I wasnt too big a fan of The Town, but I thought Gone Baby Gone was mindblowingly beautiful. Argo is one of the rare films this year i havent seen
  • Options
    also pretty damn cool to see Bradley cooper nominated for best actor. He's just a really cool guy. Who'd have thought he'd go from asking sean penn and deniro questions as a student actor on Inside the Actors Studio, to now being one of the more in demand actors in the buisness. Hasnt he worked with Deniro twice now? Pretty incredible story