Super Bowl XLV- Steelers vs Packers thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    norm wrote:
    when i think super bowl i don't think john travolta :wtf: :crazy:

:?
    i take it you're watching a 10 hour pregame show? that's your first problem norm!

i got steelers +4.5...buying 1.5 points. i see a 3 point game either way today. leaning on the experience here....
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

i take it you're watching a 10 hour pregame show? that's your first problem norm!

i got steelers +4.5...buying 1.5 points. i see a 3 point game either way today. leaning on the experience here....

i tuned it on to set the tivo for the game and he was analyzing the game

the creepy scientologist picked the steelers i think :roll:
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

i tuned it on to set the tivo for the game and he was analyzing the game

the creepy scientologist picked the steelers i think :roll:

oh well that makes me feel good
    www.myspace.com
  • Christina Aguilera's performance of the National Anthem was horrible...why do these singers have to always put their own personal style on it? She can sing without a doubt, but please...sing a traditional American standard, especially a patriotic one, the way it's written - not 17 different notes in one word!
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I'm watching, not too sure whats going on. Why in the world are they wearing the same coloured pants?

Isn't that obvious that they should be different?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    This will be an interesting comeback for the Steelers, eh.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    anyone watching the game online?
    got a link?

every site i try does not do anything for me.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ugh!! I was just about ready to puncture my ear drum with a toothpick!!
    Thank fucking god, its over!!
    Half time shows are soooo over-rated. The sound always sucks major balls.

Excellent game so far though... :D
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    ugh!! I was just about ready to puncture my ear drum with a toothpick!!
    Thank fucking god, its over!!
    Half time shows are soooo over-rated. The sound always sucks major balls.

Excellent game so far though... :D

Yup, wtf was that?
  • Halftime totally sucked
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Ahhhh....Gotta love the NFL. A fucked up national anthem and the black eye peas ripping my ear drums out at half time. God bless america.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I cringed during the National Anthem. It was like watching an American Idol contestant trying to impress the judges. And getting the words wrong.

The halftime show seemed like it would never end.

But I liked the vintage/current TV montage "Best. Fans. Ever" because any commercial that shows Marcia Brady being hit in the nose by a football, and ends with South Park is good stuff in my book.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Hey this is a darn good game and it's going to go down to last second.....we'll know this right.

GO CHEESEHEADS :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    CONGRATS PACK!!!
    I think WE HAVE A WINNER

Go CHEESEHEADS

Peace

• This is fucking amazing!!!!!

I think ima cry...

GO
    PACK
    GO
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Congrats Packers!!!!!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Steel-Cheese.jpg

Some may think this is going to happen above^^^^

HOWEVER, it won't be close the PACKERS.....27-17

Peace

I was just a bit off...Congratulations to the Packers and their fans....AWESOME!

Peace

• Game was fun....

Christina Aguilera was fucking pathetic......Just fucking pathetic....

Black Eyed Peas??? Well...Before the Superbowl........
    I couldnt tell you one song they sing.....
    I couldnt tell you anything about them........

And I still cant.....

Because I could only watch about 4 seconds of their nonsense before I changed the station.....

But the game was good.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Sounded like the Black-Eyed Peas sang live, which surprised me - but seems they still can't sing without Autotune, or having their vocals processed. Fergie seems to be the only one who can halfway carry a tune - BUT DAMN, did she slaughter "Sweet Child O' Mine"!!!! HORRIBLE!

And seeing Slash was kind of silly as well...he's more of a "character" than a "musician" these days.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
    great game as expected. tough to win when you get crushed in the turnover battle.

regarding aguilera---i was the only one at my parents house who noticed the messed up lyric. nobody believed me until my brother found a story about it on his phone about an hour later. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • great game as expected. tough to win when you get crushed in the turnover battle.

regarding aguilera---i was the only one at my parents house who noticed the messed up lyric. nobody believed me until my brother found a story about it on his phone about an hour later. :lol:

I noticed that also. Apparently she had the under in the length of song since it came in one second below the threshold of 1:54 by my estimation.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    great game as expected. tough to win when you get crushed in the turnover battle.

I noticed that also. Apparently she had the under in the length of song since it came in one second below the threshold of 1:54 by my estimation.

i swear to god she looks different every time i see her.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    Awesome game. Could have been a lot worse had the Packers dropped those 4 balls. Congrats Packers and your fans.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Thank you Pittsburgh and green bay....you cats really love your teams and were willing to shell out to be in the house

Much love...neily
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Congrats to the PACKERS!!!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Awesomely cool! Job well done!! Go Pack Go!!!cheesehead.gif
    Say tell me something do the shareholder fans of the Packers get a Super Bowl ring?

Peace