Options

PEARL JAM LIVE AT THE SPECTRUM OFFICIAL DVD

Comments

• Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Same here. Not sure why they can't release the product in the 10club goods section, like Live @ The Showbox. It doesn't have to be a worldwide online & instore official release. It can be a fan club DVD sale.

The thing is, as artists, if you arent happy with it, youre not just going to have it "out there" regardless of a worldwide release or a fan club only thing. If you made something and you werent happy about it would you be proud to put it out, and say "thats me, i did that"? Probably not right? They have to hold themselves up to a certain standard, and that standard is obviously a lot higher then we want/expect it to be, but artists are a finicky bunch.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    The thing is, as artists, if you arent happy with it, youre not just going to have it "out there" regardless of a worldwide release or a fan club only thing. If you made something and you werent happy about it would you be proud to put it out, and say "thats me, i did that"? Probably not right? They have to hold themselves up to a certain standard, and that standard is obviously a lot higher then we want/expect it to be, but artists are a finicky bunch.

If my fans were begging for it AND the shows were of some historic significance such as the closing of the Spectrum, I would probably do it to make my fans happy. Their other DVD's have flaws as well...it's part of any show.
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627

two words

RIOT ACT

just sayin

8-)
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    sometimesicringesometimesicringe Vancouver, BC Posts: 85
    Veddster wrote:

two words

RIOT ACT

just sayin

8-)

BAHAHAHAHA
    shoots that theory down quickly!
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138

If my fans were begging for it AND the shows were of some historic significance such as the closing of the Spectrum, I would probably do it to make my fans happy. Their other DVD's have flaws as well...it's part of any show.

yeah but you don't have any fans....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918
    demetrios wrote:
    Same here. Not sure why they can't release the product in the 10club goods section, like Live @ The Showbox. It doesn't have to be a worldwide online & instore official release. It can be a fan club DVD sale.

I understand. Though if the band doesn't like the footage they could let the guy's know who editing/mixing/mastering all the video footage tapes of Philly '09 to go back to the drawing boards & create something differently. There were so many video cameras @ the show. So many tapes. It's a huge job to pic & choose which snap shot/footage to use to sync up. I hope they don't can the project. The fan's are dying to see this.
  • Options
    I understand. Though if the band doesn't like the footage they could let the guy's know who editing/mixing/mastering all the video footage tapes of Philly '09 to go back to the drawing boards & create something differently. There were so many video cameras @ the show. So many tapes. It's a huge job to pic & choose which snap shot/footage to use to sync up. I hope they don't can the project. The fan's are dying to see this.
    It would seem weird that 2 entire concerts were edited before canning the project. Sounds like something Axl Rose could do - high on coke.

There has to be another reason for it to be cancelled or it was cancelled earlier. Maybe they can't go back using handheld cams after the dolly-shots on Immagine In Cornice? :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    on2legs wrote:
    The crowd is dead as usual in the states.

But much livelier than the crowds in Finland apparently :lol:

That' what you call a hit under the belt... :cry:
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Veddster wrote:

two words

RIOT ACT

just sayin

8-)

Ha, but I think they secretly like Riot Act (I know I do).

I disagree with that though... if it was filmed, they'll put it out on SOMETHING for sure... maybe combine the 2 nights into one DVD or something. They seem to put out anything they can make money on, and we buy it.

4 words:
    Live on Ten Legs.

Listened to it a little more this weekend... NOT the best versions of ANY of those songs over the past 8 years. Any of us here who are addicted to bootlegs could make a better compilation of live songs than what they put out, which, in my opinion, was a hastily assembled release to "kick off" the PJ20 year.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936

Since when you have fans? :lol:

But yes I would do it too just to see the fans happy
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Only Philly natives really want this. Why would the band bother?

I want a dvd of stuff theyre happy and proud to release.

The Philly shows, while fun, were all rather sloppy by most accounts, our boys were having lots of fun but weren't exactly top of their game owing to the laughs they were having and all the fun being had.

It'll be Berlin 09/2010 that's getting released. Hence the boot missing from 10c. And rightly so. 2 of the best, if not the best shows i've ever seen Pj play on every level.
  • Options
    They gave Cameron Crowe all of the footage from the Spectrum shows. I am sure this is where this has come from.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    It'll be Berlin 09/2010 that's getting released.
    Didn't see any cameras during these shows, so what do you mean?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    It'll be Berlin 09/2010 that's getting released.
    Didn't see any cameras during these shows, so what do you mean?

Neither did i but tadaaah!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFRQIEv6mC0
  • Options
    Veddster wrote:

two words

RIOT ACT

just sayin

8-)

Ha, but I think they secretly like Riot Act (I know I do).

I disagree with that though... if it was filmed, they'll put it out on SOMETHING for sure... maybe combine the 2 nights into one DVD or something. They seem to put out anything they can make money on, and we buy it.

4 words:
    Live on Ten Legs.

Listened to it a little more this weekend... NOT the best versions of ANY of those songs over the past 8 years. Any of us here who are addicted to bootlegs could make a better compilation of live songs than what they put out, which, in my opinion, was a hastily assembled release to "kick off" the PJ20 year.

You know I was having this discussion with my wife about Live on Ten Legs because I was like "Oh well, I think the version of In Hiding from the Vic should be on there, and I think the version of Just Breathe from the ACL tv taping should be on there instead" just to name a few. She brought up a good point that a lot of the versions we love, we love for different reasons (Energy, crowd interaction, a certain Mike improvised lick/solo, A certain Ed-ism) then the band, who are a lot more musically trained and know their music a lot better then we do and hear the songs on a completely different level then us. It was different in 98 when LO2L came out and there wasn't great recordings of that tour, those were the definitive live versions of those songs and you'd be hard pressed to find better versions, still to this day. A lot of that is because of the fact there wasn't oodles of bootlegs available like there is now. At any rate, I think you're making the mistake I did when I first listened to LOXL and mistaking "best" with "favorite", the more I listen to it the more I respect some of the decisions there. Alive has absolutely re-kindled my love for that song, that version is incendiary. SOLAT is absolutely FLAWLESS and RVM has to be one of the best versions of that song I have ever heard. In Hiding and Animal are also awesome versions. You know the band listened to the crap out of those songs and had plenty of discussion on why or why a certain version should be on there or not be on there.

My biggest beef now is the lack of some of their best live songs. Where is Lukin? Not for You? Insignificance? Red Mosquito with Ben Harper on slide guitar? Indifference with Ben Harper? Rockin' in the Free World? Why Go?

You get the point, I would take those over Unthought Known (not the greatest version), Jeremy (Again, really?) etc
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    They gave Cameron Crowe all of the footage from the Spectrum shows. I am sure this is where this has come from.

I think that I remember hearing Pierre Robert talking about them filming parts of the Spectrum shows for the Cameron Crowe doc. He actually went out to Seattle to talk to Crowe, but I never did hear what it was about officially.

Not sure if that sheds any more light on this whole thing.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options

I think that I remember hearing Pierre Robert talking about them filming parts of the Spectrum shows for the Cameron Crowe doc. He actually went out to Seattle to talk to Crowe, but I never did hear what it was about officially.

That was for the Andy Wood documentary.
  • Options
    hd1072hd1072 Posts: 158
    I don't get all this hate on the Philly shows.

Were they a tad sloppier than the average PJ show? Maybe. Were they the epic flub-fests people seem to think they were? Absolutely not.
  • Options
    ruggs1996ruggs1996 Posts: 568
    This should get released. It was a sick show. It should be called Pearl Jam: Closing down the Spectrum
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625

That was for the Andy Wood documentary.

ahhh. Thank you sir!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    hd1072 wrote:

Were they a tad sloppier than the average PJ show? Maybe. Were they the epic flub-fests people seem to think they were? Absolutely not.

Yea, its ridiculous ain't it? Maybe some of the HATE has to do that they didn't play 4 concerts in their city? Hell, if those shows were so SLOPPY, i/we should stop seeing them. But then again, they were only sloppy because they weren't ther? We can't forget that the show that THEY were at, was the BEST EVER. But, thats not a bad thing, as that just goes to show you, how GREAT of a band PEARL JAM is.

Would like an official DVD Spectrum release, but i'll take any official DVD release> :lol:
  • Options
    cutz wrote:
    hd1072 wrote:

Yea, its ridiculous ain't it? Maybe some of the HATE has to do that they didn't play 4 concerts in their city? Hell, if those shows were so SLOPPY, i/we should stop seeing them. But then again, they were only sloppy because they weren't ther? We can't forget that the show that THEY were at, was the BEST EVER. But, thats not a bad thing, as that just goes to show you, how GREAT of a band PEARL JAM is.

Would like an official DVD Spectrum release, but i'll take any official DVD release> :lol:

yea anyone who was at any of those shows isnt complaining too much. i only wish id gotten into town for the first two shows as well! personally i loved them haha dont know what people complain about! dont buy the dvd then, i fucking sure as hell will be
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    Maybe there will be an official blu-ray of the concert that will coincide with the release of the movie? Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • Options
    Neither did i but tadaaah!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFRQIEv6mC0[/quote]
    What the hell is Stone doing at 1:05? Gotta love him!
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
  • Options
    I'll be happy for any new PJ dvd. Last year I went through a stage where i pretty much watched my Pearl Jam dvds every night for two months so it would be nice to have a new one! :mrgreen:
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918
    Maybe there will be an official blu-ray of the concert that will coincide with the release of the movie? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Me too. Can't wait to see the first ever "official" Pearl Jam Bluray concert. *drools
  • Options
    ruggs1996ruggs1996 Posts: 568
    this hasn't gotten locked........yet
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Bring on the Blu-ray!!!!!!
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    this hasn't gotten locked........yet

makes no sense, unless it's valid, hmmm
  • Options
    I don't know how much power this forum has, but do you guys think that if enough people came together we could get a Spectrum DVD release?